Xnnn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Xnnn

Postby Xnnn on August 23rd, 2011, 4:54 pm

XNNN

“he who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man”

Basic Information

Race: i am kelvic/cougar
Birthday: birthed in spring, 508 av; I am 3

ImagePhysical Description

Height: 40 inches at shoulder. oh, maybe you mean length?
- i am about 7' - 7.5' long

Weight: 150 pounds
Hair color: tawny
Eye color: golden-green

well, that is me as a cougar . . . was i supposed to talk about my human form? . . . alright . . .
i'm about 6'1' and about 155 pounds, brown hair, greenish colored eyes. how's that?

this is meImage

this is me too

Character Concept

i'm not sure i know what that means. you want me to tell you who i am? . . . well, ok. let me think where to start.

who am i ? . . . hmmm, my master . . . my master was . . . shade. shade, shadow - some word like that . . . it's a zith word. he was zith. that would be his name, in the common tongue – i think.

shade was not always my master – not at the beginning. my mother . . . my mother . . . she was – beautiful. soft and warm and she smelled wonderful. like . . . home. like warm, dry grass, on a hot summer day. she came from . . . the horse place. no – the horse people. yes, she said she came from the land of tall swaying grass and horses and nights spent around a fire. and the humans were riders – and warriors. and they didn’t fly. not like the zith. but . . . she was taken. and brought to the place where i was birthed. by the zith. the colony. i could tell you the name but you would not understand the word. it means . . . well, it’s hard to tell you exactly. let me think . . . it means a sound that the deer makes when it is caught. as its flesh is ripped apart. that was the name of the colony. i don’t think there is a word for that in common.

they could have eaten her. she never told me that, but i knew, soon enough. but they needed . . . workers - to serve them? and do their work for them? i can't think of the word in the common. the zith valued some of their prey – i don’t know why one and not another. my mother was for mating. oh, no – not with the zith. humans and zith do not breed together. well, sometimes they try, the zith try, but it never works. not that i ever saw anyway. no, my mother bred with other prey. my father was one of them – she didn’t know which, there were many and many. when her belly swelled with me, she could have a rest. she told me this. after i was birthed, she held me and sang to me, some songs of her people. 'i sat within a valley green – i sat with my true love' . like that. it was nice.

when i first shifted, she was surprised. she told me the stories – of her grandmother. family stories. but she said now she guessed they were true. she thought maybe our zith would be angry, and rip us apart and eat us. the zith had no need of a cougar. they wanted workers. so she wrapped a leather band about my wrist to keep me from shifting. then my master was shunned.

shunned? is that not the right word? i know no other word – it's when a male zith wishes to mate with a female, and he fights with a rival, and loses. sometimes he is . . . made to go away, from the colony. it’s very bad. very, very bad.

he was not our master, shade. but he stole us. as he left, he stole my mother and she clung to me. so we were stolen together and we lived with him, in a cave. i didn’t mind it, but my mother hated it. she cried so much. shade was very cruel to her. very, very cruel.

when the thing was born, my brother, she died from it. then it died too. but i did see that it was male, so it was my brother, sort of. then shade was cruel to me. cruel. but he did not know i could shift. and one day he was foolish enough to remove the leather and i shifted and quickly killed him, because he didn’t know. then i ran off – to the grass. that was . . . a while ago. i don't know . . .

my name is Xnnn. it is a word in the zith speech – it means . . . ' you. you there. hey you.' to get my attention. it is a sound to say ' hey, pay attention to me you.' ' Xnnn . . . ' like that – between the teeth.

what else do you want to know? i can give you words – if that means anything to you. scared . . . empty . . . lost. restless. alone . . . is that enough?

'no oasis here to see

the sand is singing deathless words to me'

Skills :
Skill EXP total proficiency
Hunting 10 SP, 10 RB, 1 XP 21 novice
Tracking 10 SP 10 novice
Climbing 10 SP 10 novice
Camouflage 7 SP 7 novice
Stealth 7 SP, 1 XP 8 novice
Land Navigation 6 SP 6 novice
Teaching 2 XP 2 novice
Persuasion 2 XP 2 novice
Unarmed Combat 1 XP 1 novice
Socialization 1 XP 1 novice

Lore :
Zith slave husbandry
Drykas folksongs
Tarn (basic)
Subconscious: Tarn is thickskulled, I'll have to find him and explain again
Teaching: Explaining the Kelvic race
The Thrill of the Hunt
An Uninvited Companion
Why Is This Horse Following Me?
Leto: Rider of Arias

Arcana [None]

Gnosis [None]

Languages
Fluent: Zith
Basic: Common

Equipment and Possessions
  • 1 Set of Clothing [cloak/coat & footwear included]
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack which contains: 1 Set of Toiletries, Food for a week, 1 eating knife, Flint & Steel
  • Family Heirloom: [None]

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Shelter Cash In +500 GM 600 GM
Seasonal Expenses (Summer, 511) -120 GM 480 GM
Seasonal Expenses (Fall, 511) -120 GM 360 GM
Seasonal Expenses (Winter, 511) -120 GM 240 GM
Seasonal Expenses (Spring, 512) -120 GM 120 GM
Seasonal Expenses (Summer, 512) -120 GM 0

Thread List

Summer, 511 A.V. :
Death In The Tall Grass (unfinished/ungraded)
Hard Sunshine (finished/ungraded)

Fall, 511 A.V. :
Cats Aren't Kind If You Step On Their Tail (unfinished/ungraded)
Steal My Sunshine (finished) Teaching 2 XP, Persuasion 2 XP
How We See(finished/ungraded/dream forum)
A Bone To Pick (unfinished/ungraded)

Winter, 511 A.V. :
The Adjustment (finished/ungraded)
The Alliance (finished/ungraded)
By Leth's Light (unfinished/ungraded)
The Farmlands - getting a job (finished/job obtained)

Spring, 512 A.V. :
Down To The Sea To Pray (unfinished/ungraded)

Summer, 512 A.V. :
none

Fall, 512 A.V. :
Cool For Cats solo, Fall 6 (finished)
At Sunset In Endrykas Leto, Fall 6 (finished)
Just A'lookin' For A Home Sunsingers, Fall 6 (unfinished)
Teach Me Leto, Fall 7 (unfinished)
For Me? Sama'el, Fall 8 (unfinished)

'scared . . . but you - you follow me
i'm too weird to live but much to rare to die'

'bat country' , by a7x
Last edited by Xnnn on August 23rd, 2011, 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xnnn
shadow cat

Words: 76985
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)