You Say Raven, I Say Crow (Nowa)

Shkara is Sent Out on a Project for Troupe M.A.R.T.Y.R.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Shkara on November 7th, 2011, 1:41 am

Timestamp: Fall 68, 511 AV
Who: Nowa

Troupe M.A.R.T.Y.R. had told Shkara that if she wanted to further her career with them, she would need to get into helping them design costumes, since that was what the last Yearning did in addition to Shkara's current responsibilities. But they said before she could do that, she would have to learn how to draw. So they sent her off to buy a sketchbook and some charcoal and told her to start drawing.

Which is why she was sitting on this stone bench staring at a flock of crows eating bugs, or seeds or something on the ground. She didn't know they were called crows until some kids starting throwing rocks at them. Shkara ran the kids off, who yelled back at her for being the "Crow Lady." She ignored them and sat back down. Learn by doing. Dad's teachings were once again coming back to haunt her. She opened her book to the front page, picked up her charcoal, and realized she didn't know what she wanted to draw.

Well I suppose a crow lady would draw crows.

She started off with the head of the crow. She put the charcoal to the paper, and dragged it in a slight curve to be the top curve of the head. When she felt she had reached the beak, she made a straight, well straightish, slant. She then slanted it back down giving the beak a very triangular look. She then attempted the inner curve of the the neck then the outer curve of the belly. It ended up looking like a snake trail in sand. She then pulled the charcoal along the bottom to be the base of the legs. She hadn't mastered a straight line or a solid curve, but she kept on at it. She made another triangular point as the tail feathers, and then did the final curve up the back of the bird to the... well she'd missed the curve she had made as the top of the head. She added eyes and legs and felt it was a good starting piece.

Maybe I need to watch the crows more.

She went over to a nearby tavern and purchased a loaf of bread for two coppers. She stepped back out and thanked Alvadas for not moving the park. She sat back down and began tossing pieces of bread for the crows. Many of them ate the bread, and she held one larger piece out, "Here little crow, come here, let me get a better look at ya."

Skills :
Skill Points Competency
Seduction 26 Competent
Persuasion 15 Novice
Weapon: Bagh Nakh 10 Novice
Cosmetology 9 Novice

Shkara
Player

Words: 20407
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 9:45 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nowa on November 7th, 2011, 9:37 pm

It was a fun day today. Today, Nowa was training to steal from crows. It was a fun day indeed. The crows that can't protect their nests or make their targets too obvious would lose today. As he flew over to find his next group of crows, he overheard a strange shout from some children. "Crow lady, crow lady!" He saw them running from a park nearby, and flew over there. He found the 'crow lady' sitting there watching them. He landed on a perch behind her, to better see what she was looking for. He saw a picture? Her art didn't have a lot of features, and looked somewhat simple. But, why draw the crows? Ravens were better, always better.

She got up and walked off. Stealing from crows was fun, but what of a crow lady? Would she get mad, and stomp around? Would she cry? Would she change into one and chase him? He followed her to a building, and waited outside. It didn't take her that long to come back out, with bread even! This got even better, now she had something he wanted to steal. She went back to the park, and he followed her once again, making a perch out of her sight.

She was throwing bread pieces out, and then tried to lure in a crow by offering it a piece. He had his chance, to steal from both the crow lady and a crow! He took off, swooped, and began his dive. The crow saw him approach, and started to fly off. A moment later, he was right where he wanted, and grabbed at the bread from her hand. He missed, did it move? He landed nearby. "Crows are afraid, no' as wonderful! Draw me! Feed me! Be a Raven lady!" He wanted the food, but if he couldn't steal it, maybe he could get her to give it to him. The crows squawked angrily at him, but they weren't as strong or fast... or brave enough to attack him near a human.
"noWa!"
Common as a Raven is not so easy. I wrote myself a guide in my CS.
Nowa
"Cra-woo!"

Words: 36552
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2011, 6:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet