[Endrykas] Anecdotes Go Best With Wine (Gin)

Meat, bread and cheese. Shared between new friends. For Luke there is no better way to spend a long chilly afternoon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Luke Lammergeier on November 23rd, 2011, 11:59 am

[b]2nd Day of Fall, 511 A.V.

Couple hours after midday bell, Luke's Tent

”And then what happened?”[/b] He laughed. Pouring more wine for his new found friend. They had hit it off the second they entered his tent and sat down. Sharing a bit of meat, bread, cheese and of course some wine. He had other things in mind when he brought beautiful women to his tent, but Gin proved to be beyond all that. It had been a long time since he could talk to someone honestly.

They had shared stories about their families or lack of them. About the trials they had faced and the simple joys in life they cherished. Currently she was telling a story that tickled his ribs more than once. He had met Kelvics before and had gotten used to their... Simple ways of thinking. But Gin was different. She almost seemed a purer form of a person. More human than most people he had known all his life.

He was excited to hear the rest of the story and to know more about her. He sat crossed legged. With a plate of food on his lap and a cup in his hands. Not the most dignified way to have guests but she didn't mind. If he ever met up with his old gang, they would get a kick out of her. No doubt his brothers would start poking around as well, they where always jealous of the things he had.

”Gods that is good. How did you manage that?”
Last edited by Luke Lammergeier on December 6th, 2011, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on November 28th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Gin giggled, "The man I bumped into bowed so low I thought he was going to fall over. My god was he formal. Hehe, I was already angry about the stain on my dress and there he is making it a huge show! It was the most entertaining thing I'd seen yet." Her grin was from ear to ear, she knew they were the lamest stories but the only happy natured ones she knew of. "He instantly got me a new dress and said the whole stay was on him!" She skipped over her theatric's of distress about not having enough money to take care of the mess, she didn't feel he was one to be bored with to much details. "I'm not even sure how it really all happened to begin with!"

Gin twirled a piece of her hair between her fingers, her other hand fiddling with the glass in her hand as she let out a few small hiccups in quick succession and covered her mouth with a giggle. "Now your turn tell me about another one of your adventures with your friends," she smiled a radient smile at him waiting patciently for him to answer. She took a small sip of the alcoholic drink, trying to show that she still had a bit of control over herself.
Ginchoeri
Player

Words: 132404
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2011, 1:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Luke Lammergeier on December 6th, 2011, 10:42 am

She is most beautiful, when she smiles. He decided, as she continued her little story. Giggling and hiccuping happily. Had he ever seen someone so beautiful? It was hard to imagine. She was the first woman he had seen with silver hair. That was for sure. And those dark blue eyes had a way of pulling you in with a subtle intensity. Her pale flesh was flawless. Luke quietly thought about the color of her nipples. As the wine affected his lower extremities.

But beyond her physical look. she was intelligent and well spoken. Albeit a little dorky. But that was apart of her charm. A women that could let herself go. Act a little foolish. Not be so obsessed with trivial things. I have a thing for Kelvics. He chuckled at the realization. It often worked that way. He hated something or someone at first. Then his general dislike eased over and he saw the goods mixed in with the bads. Sam was a good example. He had wanted to smash the Drykas's face in. When they first met. And now they where fast friends.

"You want to hear a story of mine?" He chewed the thought for a while. What story did he have that didn't involve gutting someone? Could he tell Gin a true story of his? She was so light hearted, and airy. Most grown men had difficulty with what he did before. And will do again when he reaches his companions. No, i can't. Kelvics have never trusted bandits. They see little difference from Slavers.

"Well. There was this one time i was traveling through the Karbon Road. And i came upon a girl. Not much older than yourself. Ratty little street urchin." He told the story of when he met Tessa Poe. A free spirited young woman. Out catching rabbits with a slingshot. And how a small girl a hair above five feet. Stood her ground against three hundred pounds of muscle and leather armor.

"Forgive me for being crass. But that girl had the biggest balls i had ever seen. She had more guts than most grown men." He laughed. Taking a couple more sips of his drink. Urging Gin to do the same. He left out the parts about telling Tess he was a bandit. For obvious reasons. But regaled the rest of the trip and their adventures.

"I don't know who i should of been more afraid of. This willful little girls or the knights!"By the time the story ended. He had cleared another cup and a few plates of salted meat and grapes. Luke was a big man, and seemed to eat twice as much as normal men. Kain, his old commander and mentor. Worked him twice as hard, just for his belly.

"I don't know what ever happened to her. Pain in the ass that one." His laughter died down after a while. That comfortable feeling you get. When you have laughed all you could. That strange feeling of social contentment.

"Why don't you tell me a little more about yourself Gin. Your beautiful. That goes without saying. But i'd like to know a little more about you. Whatever you comfortable with." He knew how much he was asking. Sharing yourself was big for anyone. Doing it with someone you just met was even harder. But he saw promise in her. Someone he might be able to trust.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on December 6th, 2011, 9:37 pm

She had been nibbling continueously on some of the fruits and vegitables he had set out, a considerable amout was gone considering her small size. But in her blood, she was a horse, and she ate like one when she could. She took a few more sips of her wine, the sweet and sour taste staining her mouth beauitfully.

In truth she was very nervous, being close to anyone like this made her selfconsious, for being as tall as she was and simply strange looking to most because of what she looked like, but Luke seemed to widdle those feelings away with every word out of his mouth which made her a little more lose. She smiled at him as he told his story. As he got further along in the story though she had this uneasy feeling, her animal instinct telling her, that he was hiding something. She chuckled at the thought of a manly woman but when he said he didn't know which he'd be more scared of, the girl or the knights, it rose her suspisions, but she didn't let on anything.

When he had finished his story and had asked her about herself, she wondered whether she should ask him about her uneasy feeling or talk about herself. She stared into his pale, seemingly haunted, eyes. She wanted the truth, but she also wanted a friend, so she decided not to press on the matter. Instead she thought about what to tell this man in front of her, should she tell him of her horrible encounter with a Zith? Or of how her mother taught herto sing so that it made even the hardest ice melted.
She decided on the sweet and loving tale.

"Before I lost my parents," Gin began, "My dear mother taught me how to play my harp, and sing one of the most beautiful melodies. She wrote it herself. She sang it to me so much that I never make a mistake when I play it. The song she wrote herself, the haunting melody I'll never forget, and what keeps my parents close to me. All one thing. Isn't it wonderful?" She asked him sweetly.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luke Lammergeier on December 13th, 2011, 11:51 am

"That is sweet. I'm glad you have something to remember her by. Its always good to have something to hold onto. But i didn't know you were a singer?" He picked up his cup and drank. Singers where always his favorite. Harp was never an instrument common among the men. But one or two of them could sing. Andrew in particular could sing better than any man had a right to.

"I always liked singers. But I haven't heard the harp much. I'm sure your mother taught you well. Why don't you sing me a song? I've got good silver. For a good voice." He reached into his breeches and pulled out a Silver Miza. Placing it on her lap with a smile. Kelvics weren't known for their skills outside hard labor. And he would hate to see a beautiful woman have to turn to that.

"And after the song. You can tell me a little more about your mother. She must of been a good woman for you to smile like that when you remember her."

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on December 17th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Gin froze, "Yes it is good that i have something to remember her by. But... I mean.. are you sure? I'm not that good. I would do it for free since you are a friend." She was a little worried that using the word 'friend' was not a good choice but she said it and she was going to go with it. She liked him enough, and she didn't want hin to waste money on what might be a not so good performance. But she was blushing, he seemed so interested in her. She wasn't sure what to do, so she cluthed her harp closer to her.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luke Lammergeier on January 4th, 2012, 9:13 am

Friend? Had they already become so close? Or was it the wine and good food? Either way not paying was out of the question. People had to eat and ever silver counted. "Nonsense, take the coin its nothing." He pressed a few silver into her hands. "Just sing that song your mother taught you. I'm a bit tone deaf so don't be afraid if your terrible." He gave an encouraging smile but sensed her hesitation as she clung to her harp.

She looked a little stage frightened. So he scooted closer and cleared his voice. "Here i'll sing first if that helps. It's a little song the boys would sing around the camp." It was a bit rowdier than he would of liked. To sing in front of a lady. But what did an animal care for decency? An abstract thought conceived by humans.

Luke sung in a deep voice. Trying to substitute more unsavory words as he went. But failed more often than not. Smiling to keep from laughing. When the song ended he said. "See? No problem to it. If I can sing, so can you." He took a drink of the bitter wine and laughed.

Luke Lammergeier

Character sheet

Postby Ginchoeri on January 5th, 2012, 9:27 pm

When she took the coins in hand she smiled, "okay," she squirmed and looked at him unsure, not knowing how to start, she was kind of drunk and felt worried that would hinder her. When he scooted closer to her she blushed. He told her he would sing first and she smiled when her started. It made her giggle cause she could tell he was trying so hard to keep it appropriate but it seemed hard to do because altogether he failed. She liked his deep voice, if it were singing the right song she thought his deep voice could maybe put a babe to sleep.

She looked at Luke and smiled, "I guess I should since you sang, it entertained me so i should entertain you to." She took the harp out of it's case and plucked at it's warm sounding strings and hummed with it, her voice like sweet nectar mixing with the voice of the strings to make a melodious honey. When she was ready she started the haunting melody of her mothers song.

"The ghouls are lurking,
as the birds are chirping
all in the forest, she sleeps.

The cries of the widow
and the flowers in the meadow,
With furry comp'ny she keeps.

The horse has a start
and the man with a heart,
will reach out to her as, she weep.

The land as it mends,
and the hand that depends
on the man that makes not, a peep.

The hope in her eyes,
that will be your demi-i-ise, (short puase)
No one can pretend
when the day comes to an end,
that she is the wolf and the sheep."

She finished, her sweet voice seemed to echo in the tent. She looked to Luke to see his reaction, nervous that he didn't like it, maybe her hand had slipped and she didn't notice, or he didn't like the subject of the song. She waited anxiously to see what he would say.
Ginchoeri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets