A Sun With A Darkened Glow (Cass)

Aello finds out that Cassandra has a connection to the Black Sun.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on January 12th, 2012, 4:41 pm

Aello waited a few moments for the woman to remove her gloves, but when she did nothing, the girl growled. "Fine, I'll do this myself." Instantly, the woman's weight shifted as she first pulled off the glove closest to her. The one that adorned the hand whose arm she was twisting. She studied the skin there a moment, before moving around Cassandra's side a bit, and tugging off the second glove. Her eyes passed over the woman's skin, took note of the bulging red veins. As she held her dagger against the side of the woman's neck with one hand, she delicately pressed the other into the freed skin. She ran her finger over the raised portions. The red rivers.

"Well that's interesting," Aello whispered, "the mark of a goddess. One you're not particularly fond of, judging by your tears." The woman's brow furrowed as she studied the lines. "So this is why they want you more than any other..."

Aello's voice trailed off for quite some time, as she studied the lines, and then pulled her hand away from them. "It still makes one wonder just what you did to deserve it stranger," Aello went on. "You still have to explain that sad little story." The girl's eyes sparkled as she skirted around the maid, and lifted her chin with her dagger, before awkwardly kicking her weapon away. "Care to tell me what happened, and just what sort of thing this mark can do?"

Again, the aurist fell silent, she was waiting. "Unless you want your body painted by this dagger, I'd suggest you start talking," she urged, after a time.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 13th, 2012, 12:40 am

"Let me go!" cried Cassandra in reply to Aello's threat. "You speak of the Black Sun as if they are monsters for all the evils and corruption they allow in this city, and but you yourself would accost and bully someone like me, who want nothing more than to avoid being harassed by them. If it means cooperating with them on occasion, then so be it. How different are you from them? They at least pay me for what they need but you... you just take everything you want by force or with threats, like...like some bandit! You're the real evil one here! Look in a mirror! You might just see Rhysol smiling at you in favor!"

Her face tear-streaked, the dark-haired woman was a pitiful sight even as she shouted at her assailant. Despite the pain it would caused her, Cassandra struggled backwards away from Aello's bloodied blade. True enough, she nicked her chin on its sharp edge as she did so. It was a shallow cut, but those were the most painful of its kind, being nearest the nerves. She winced, even as she fell on her rear. The fall jarred her injured arm, making her cry out again. Perhaps it was because she was released now from the painful hold that dislocated her shoulder, or perhaps it was because she had already tasted the bite of the woman's cruel blade, but Cassandra looked up at Aello with a little bit of defiance now.

"No, I will not tell you why the goddess has marked me! And no, I will not tell you what it does! The Black Sun has already exploited it - you probably will too, knowing what kind of person you are! Too many have already suffered because of this mark! I won't give another person the power to dictate who else would suffer from it!"

Her lips were trembling, for she knew her words would anger the volatile huntswoman before her. Aello might just cut her up just as she had promised. Maybe even slit her throat. Cassandra was rightly afraid her life would end then, but it was but one of the few times she ever really stood up for herself and she was not backing down. The story of how she got marked by Krysus was too personal, too painful and tragic, and one that was likely only fully known between her and the goddess who favored her. She wasn't about to share it to someone like Aello. Even after all the threats.

At that moment, not knowing what else to do, Cassandra opened herself up and called out to the only one who could, she hoped, intervene to save her life.

She prayed to Rhysol.

Lord Rhysol, God of Chaos, if you truly rule over this city, please, I beg of you, save me! I came here hoping to just find shelter, but you promised protection instead. Save me! Save me from this mad woman, and I would embrace you! I would give myself to you, body and soul! Just...just keep her away!

They were words uttered in her mind without pause or consideration, otherwise Cassandra would have had second thoughts on swearing her devotion to such a god. Even stranger, she directed her prayer to the one she felt had the greatest power to aid her in her time of need. Not to Priskil, as she had always done when she was still new to the city. Not even to Krysus, who seemed to favor her despite her distaste for the goddess' 'gifts'. The first never seemed to listen while the second could only help her if she could use her gnosis. Cassandra did not pray to them.

Not to those two, but to Rhysol.

OOCMod intervention for divine intervention? LOL
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on January 14th, 2012, 12:51 am

Aello gave Cassandra a sudden and harsh shove. "We both know how dark they are," she hissed. "So don't you ever compare me to them again," she added, before gritting her teeth at the woman. It would have been so much easier to get the answers from the source, but she was growing tired of waiting. Of playing her games. Besides, there were only so many limbs she could break, or pull out of their sockets.

"Fine then. That doesn't mean that I won't find someone else who will share," Aello growled as she got to her feet. She sheathed her dagger and balled her hands into tight fists, as she stared down at the woman. "You useless, petching wench. I hope you die for being weak enough to serve them," Aello hissed, her eyes blazing as she began to kick the woman repeatedly in the side. Listening to the deafening roar of flesh hitting flesh. "You know nothing, and your tongue spews nothing but lies. You are a pathetic excuse for a snake," Aello growled as she kicked Cassandra one last time, before retracting her leg.

"You deserve to die for what you have done," Aello roared as she towered over the woman. Her chest rising and falling rapidly as red flowed into her cheeks. "But I shall spare you. For now." Aello chuckled as her eyes began to glimmer. "Consider yourself lucky for the favor," Aello whispered. "But know this: share a word about this to anyone at all, and I shall come for you, and finish what I started." Aello's lips curled into a satisfied grin, "I know where you live," she said, almost breathlessly, as she ran off into the darkness. Into the shadows cast by the rulers of the city.

OOCI don't know if you wanted to post again to wrap up... or just send this in for grading.

P.S. It was good to write with you again. See you next season >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cassandra Coven on January 14th, 2012, 3:47 am

Cassandra couldn't stop Aello's advance nor the brutal kicks that followed as the smaller but evidently stronger woman took out her frustrations on her prone form. Every word the huntswoman uttered was accompanied by a swift and painful blow from her well-worn boots, and Cassandra could do nothing but try her best to cover up her face with her one good arm as she curled into a fetal position. Aello still found her ribs and her gut as targets for her kicks, however. Each blow ripped out a scream of pain from the barmaid, but it soon subsided into a wheezing fit of coughing as she fought to suck air into lungs that had been forcefully emptied by Aello's beatdown.

Despair, and immediately right after it, resignation, had begun to creep into Cassandra's heart, for she knew that her life was at an end once Aello brought her knife into play. But the other woman didn't, leaving her lying senseless on the ground, her parting words more threats and declarations of her being 'evil' for siding with the Black Sun. Aello vanished the same way she had appeared, melting into the shadows of the dark alley.

Long moments passed before Cassandra attempted to move, just to make sure that her assailant was truly gone. She struggled to her feet, one arm hanging useless on one side while the other clutched at her bruised, perhaps even broken, ribs. A few steps and she collapsed on the pavement once more, retching and gagging as the contents of her stomach forced their way up into her mouth. She was a sorry sight to behold.

Still, she was alive and Aello. It wasn't exactly the kind of divine intervention she was hoping for, but she didn't really expect Rhysol himself to appear and slay her oppressor just because she asked. Who was she to deserve that? But Cassandra was still grateful.

"Th-thank you, my Lo...Rh-Rhysol,"
she whispered, dropping the unconscious addition of the title midway through her prayer of thanks as she remembered her earlier oath to the God of Chaos. It was impulsively uttered, an act of desperation, and she wondered if the god would hold her to it. But no messenger of the deity, or even Rhysol himself, appeared before her to demand her fealty so Cassandra made herself believe that the god did not need someone like her. That was a good thing.

But she thought it wouldn't hurt to have his favor to protect her from the likes of Aello. Out of all the experiences she's had so far while living in Ravok, this encounter with the violent woman numbered among the most terrifying. And most painful. Krysus must certainly be watching her, laughing as her favored felt first-hand her loving gift to humankind.

Cassandra staggered out of the alley, a beaten woman looking for someone, anyone, to get her to a place of healing.

-fin-
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lazybones on February 19th, 2012, 3:56 am

Thread Complete!

Notes: Pretty intense thread! Aello is drowning in XP, jeebus. I wish I could have given Cassandra more. If there was a "getting beaten up" skill, she'd have a 5. If either of you would like to discuss the grade, please contact me! You both know how. :3

Still, pretty awesome stuff. Cassandra's feminine struggle was really interesting, especially written in the perspective of a man. Aello was a total jerk, but that's why we love her. I'm going to remember that prayer to Rhysol.

Naturally, Cassandra has some injuries, but seeing as it's Winter now, I don't think I need to detail what injuries those are or how long they took to heal. If you have some threads still going around this time, I can come back and get specific about it if you like.

Can't wait to see more from both of you!

Aello
Award :
Skills: Observation +4, Auristics +2, Running +1, Stealth +2, Subterfuge +2, Intimidation +5, Interrogation +3, Investigation +2, Intelligence +2, Philosophy +1, Persuasion +3, Wrestling +2, Brawling +1, Weapon: Dagger +1

Lores: The Tragic Barmaid, Songbird Cassandra, Applying Enhanced Interrogation, Cassandra's Gnosis

Cassandra
Award :
Skills: Persuasion +3, Observation +1, Acting +1, Investigation +1

Lores: Her Screams, Dark Aello, Undergoing Enhanced Interrogation, Prayer and Surrender to Rhysol
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous