Delivery to elsewhere (Caoin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Skram Silverstrider on November 25th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Skram was given a job today to deliver a parcel to a group patrolling near Claridon which was to scout ahead for the rest of the migrating city. It sounded like an easy enough job and he decided to invite his "cousin Caoin. Are you free to join me today?" The both of them had a very strange timing when they did things. Both were born in the same season and both had gotten jobs in the same season so it was no surprise that Skram wanted to just show his cousin just what he could do. "I won't be taking you for too long away from your animals and we really need to spend some quality time together" he told her to convince her to follow before heading over to where he kept his horse and cart which is the place she would know "I'll be waiting."

After mounting the cart to the horse and packing up some supplies, Skram got on the cart and held on getting a feel of Mornax today. "You seem a little bit frustrated today?" he asked the horse which reluctantly followed the direction that Skram directed it towards. It must have been because it was cooped up in the stables for too long so "you will have your fun today. Shall we get going?" he asked as he gave a slight tug for it to start moving. "We need to get Caoin first and she would be waiting..." wherever she decided to meet. Skram gave a tug to get Mornax to turn a few more times through the tents until he finally reached Caoin.

"It is a rather easy job today Caoin. Do you want to try driving for once?" he asked her handing over the controls. "I'll guide you every step of the way so you won't make any mistake but once we are out of Endrykas I am taking the reins again alright?"
Skram Silverstrider
The Transporter

Words: 21950
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caoin on November 27th, 2011, 2:10 am

Date: Fall, Day 30, 511 AV

Skram caught Caoin as she was heading out of the family’s pavilion on her way to work for Rothos. Her bag, weighted down by her work tools, lunch, and everything else she needed hung haphazardly from her shoulder and in each hand was an apple. Caoin put one of the apples to her lips, taking a huge chunk out of it, the juice from the fruit running from the corners of her mouth and down her chin. It wasn’t very lady-like, but she didn’t seem to care as she nodded in greeting to Skram, waving with one apple occupied hand to him. Her head tilted to the side slightly as he asked if she was free for the day, after a moment she shrugged her shoulders and responded with, “I don’t know, I’ll have to ask the boss if he can spare me so that I can go with you.” She was sure she could convince her boss to allow her a day or so to travel with Skram, or figure out some way that she could use the trip to also do something for him. “I’ll go back and grab my bow, just in case. If you want, you can meet me outside of Rothos’s stable and we’ll see if I can go with you.” Caoin was almost ready to turn and go back into the tent to grab her bow when she paused, “Oh, and here, take this, I don’t think I’ll actually be able to eat it. You can have it, or feed it to Mornax if you want.” The woman was referring to the other apple she’d grabbed that morning. She tossed the apple in Skram’s direction, unaware that she had given him one with a little more than just apple in it. Taking another bite of her own apple, Caoin entered the tent she’d just exited from and went to retrieve her bow and a quiver full of arrows before heading over to see Rothos.

Caoin arrived at Rothos’s pavilion shortly ahead of Skram, just enough time to talk to Rothos and find out if she could go with her cousin. It wasn’t hard to locate her boss and she did so quickly, discussing with him that Skram wanted to spend some time with her while he was making a delivery. Caoin asked her boss if he needed her for a few days or if there was something she could do for him while she was out in the Grass travelling, something she could get while she was out there. She found out that Rothos did have a young horse that had no experience travelling in the grassland and if she spotted any useful herbs, especially medicinal ones, he could always use more for the stocks. Who couldn’t use more supplies, medicinal herbs were always useful. Caoin was told which young mare was in need of experience being on the grassland and she went to retrieve the seme that she would be taking with her. Caoin decided to start with a lead rope and tie the mare off to the cart, but the woman also grabbed the tack she would need to ride the horse and everything else she would need for the trip. With all of her supplies gathered and the horse tethered to one end of the lead rope, she led the mare out to the front of the stable to wait for Skram. It didn’t take long for her cousin to show up and she hailed him as he approached. “Rothos said I could go, asked me to pick up some medicinal herbs if we came across any useful ones and also to give this girl some experience traveling in the grasslands,” Caoin said as she nodded to the seme mare that she was leading before tying the lead rope to the cart and climbing up next to Skram.

Caoin took the controls as Skram passed them over to her and looked at him with one brow raised, “If you’re sure you want to trust me with this cart of yours, I suppose it would be fun to learn about the work you do.” She was a little unsure about whether letting her drive was a good idea. She was used to directing a horse with just a yvas and her body, she couldn’t even really touch Mornax from where she was sitting. She felt like she had far less control over the animal than if she were sitting on its back. It was an uncomfortable, unnatural feeling for her; she hoped that Skram would be able to react properly if something went wrong and that his instructions wouldn’t be too complicated. The poor guy might have to start by describing what all the parts were, because Caoin had no clue what she was doing. “Let’s take this nice and slow to begin with, I don’t want to wreck your livelihood,” she stated, referring to his cart, “and I’d hate to hurt Mornax by doing something wrong.” Caoin glanced at the seme that was pulling the cart, Mornax was a fine horse by all accounts, and Caoin would feel terrible if something happened to the horse on her account. “And yeah, you should probably take the reins again when we get to the edge of the city. I don’t imagine me driving this thing through the grass would be a good idea…” she trailed off, imaging all of the things that could go wrong if she were at the reins while they were driving through the grass. She could imagine driving the cart into a rut or accidentally crashing it into a rock. The things that could go wrong were limitless.

She turned to look at her older cousin and grinned, “Now, where do we start? How do we get this thing moving, eh?” Caoin was eager to learn something new, though she knew that in all likelihood, she was going to embarrass herself beyond belief before the experience was over. However, that was the way things went when learning new skills, and she would just have to try and live it down, if her cousin would let her.

MizNo Word Count1027
Language Key
Pavi Speech
Common Speech

cause it's almost like
your heaven's trying everything
to keep me out
-- Far From Home by FFDP

Links
My Graphic Workshop
My Post Templates
Caoin