Malediction cruse?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Malediction cruse?

Postby Siarak on November 28th, 2011, 4:12 am

Hello I was picking out skills for my CS and I seen Malediction and it got me wondering. Say if you make a talisman out of someone who was killed their lover. Is it possible because of it you would be cruse to be killed by your lover or someone you care for or is the effects less for that kind of charmed. Just seeing how far I can go with it.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Malediction cruse?

Postby Darian on November 28th, 2011, 4:30 am

Well, the way I take it is simple. A, and B format.

A. You make said thing from the bone's of your now dead betrayed lover.

B. is sample of the possible the effects of the maledicted item:

1. It makes any blade more effective on the flesh of anyone that has betrayed another.

2. It protects betrayer's from blades that much better.

3. It makes any blade you wield that much sharper against a lover.

4. Something else along those lines or entirely unexpected. It's really up to what the storyteller wants to award you and random off chance.

Always as best, consult your local storyteller by leaving them a little note regarding your fashioned item in regards to effects it might produce with your tampering. Surprises are always nice I find, and I'm sure you'll find the art as fun as I myself find it. Have an enjoyable time with it friend!

I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Malediction cruse?

Postby Rage on November 28th, 2011, 5:35 am

Do remember that for maledicted items, it's not you who determines the effect of the item, but the ST who grades the thread where you get said item. The item's effect may not be what you expect it to be once you get it, though I think your skill level will play a factor on how close the final effect will be to how you wanted it to be while maledicting it.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office