On Days Like These [Hadrian]

Chance encounters never turn out to be ordinary in Avanthal.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Jaiun on February 23rd, 2012, 12:12 am

Jaiun grunted, a distinctively bearish noise that sprayed the air with a fine mist of frozen dew. A hand instinctively went to cross his chest before realizing its opposite number was drawn taunt in a fist at the bear's waist, and as such fell limp.

Only a few words were wrested from an unwilling tongue. "Everything is fine with me. There is no need for concern."

And yet a shadow passed over his face, a dark reminder of some incessant concern that was staved off only be sheer force of will. Eyes black as night flickered to the young human with apology, their dark depths stabbing at him in desperate deflection.

"How went your meeting with our Queen?" was the excuse chosen. "Word passed among the bears. I hear it was interesting, to say the least." In fact, Jaiun's countenance was filled only be curiosity, suggesting that only empty gossip had passed between animal lips.

"...Of course, if you'd rather not talk about, that's fine by me."

Jaiun paused, the crunching of snow underfoot stopped abruptly. Without the rumble of an accompanying form in move the air almost felt empty, deadened by the white embrace of Winter.

"I think I'll be fine from here on out." he replied gruffly. "If you'd rather tend to other affairs instead of humoring me, go at it."
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hadrian on February 25th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Hadrian was not an expert of human nature, or even Kelvic nature, and his natural empathy might even have been stunted, but he was observant, and he caught the shadow of something on Jaiun's face. What followed was perhaps the most inoffensive use of his hypnotic training that he could manage, pushing out not an emotional suggestion, no thought or order, but merely the growing sense that Hadrian was concerned and would listen. It was difficult work, almost projective empathy rather than what he understood hypnotism to be, and perhaps it wouldn't work, or Jaiun would ignore it, but Hadrian was socially retarded and he was trying.

He said nothing about the Icewatch's response, but maintained that pulse of Hadrian cares into the surroundings, most of which was his ursine companion.

"I suppose the Queen trusts you, and so should I. You have not done wrong by me yet." He smiled faintly. "She was gracious, was the Queen, and wise. Apparently there is Iceglaze blood in my veins, enough that she would recognize it. And she laid upon me the task of creating a heatless torch to light Svanhildur. My Iceglaze... ah, brethren... are permitting me to use their Hold's resources to assist the Queen."

The magus made no move to leave, and it was clear that he was willing to see Jaiun to his destination.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Macabre on June 18th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Thread Award

Hadrian
XP: Observation +2, Hypnotism +1
Lore: N/A

Notes: Sorry that I could not award more; it would have been nice to see where this relationship went. Jaiun was not graded on account of him being retired. If you have any questions about the grade, please PM me!
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous