Living Expenses and Income

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on December 2nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Hi! I am soo sorry in advance if my questions seem stupid and if I should probably have read them somewhere already.

My question concerns expenses and income. See, I only have 24 gm left in my ledger, which means that I can't even afford a "poor" lifestyle. But how exactly can I get a steady income? I know there are jobs here, but if ever I say my character is of a certain job title, do I need to have threads whose sole purposes are to show her practicing her job, and this is how I can gain the income?

Or is it more of in the background, where she says and acts as one when she can, and it shows up in the ledger? Also, do I need to consult someone when I want to give her a job title?
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2011, 5:05 pm

Everyone has a seasonal 'cost of living' expense that covers not only food but basic gear you need. A Svefra has a lot of jobs open to them both to the non-svefra community and to their own race. You need an active skillset and to talk to a mod (trident) in this case about what you can do... and how much it will pay... then you just need to do a few threads each season that either mentions your job or has you actively doing your job.

Thanks! That wasn't a dumb question. But you'd better get your pc employed or earning money before she starves.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on December 2nd, 2011, 5:17 pm

Alright, that cleared things up for me a lot. Thank you! Does that mean my ledger for the previous season will be negative though, because I wasn't able to get a job then, or should I push my luck and say it was a squalor lifestyle (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't)? :(
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on December 5th, 2011, 4:00 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, we aren't going to kill you because you missed one season, especially if you are new. Just make sure you get some money before spring so it doesnt happen again.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)