Partners in Crime (Sera)

What sorts of trouble can two teenage girls get up to at night?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 19th, 2011, 1:45 am

Alea didn't see the point of admitting she was cold, since she wasn't sure what Sera could do about it anyway. She just muttered, "I'm fine," and followed Sera back toward the city. The wind blowing so hard was forcing her to keep her face turned to the side so that her hood would block the snow, which is why the first thing she saw was a drift of snow beginning to pile up against the door to the library.

She stopped walking as an idea slowly began to form in her head. She'd had something against the library and the person who worked there ever since her last visit... Without taking her eyes off the door, she said with a voice full of mischief, "Sera, don't you think it would be funny to bury that doorway in snow?"
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 19th, 2011, 2:28 am

OOCI think you should know, I typed this with my left hand only, as I have a little dog sleeping on my right. I didn't even think it would be possible. So be happy you got a response tonight. :D

As the two girls walked back into town, Sera couldn't help but worry about the poor cold human. She was obviously cold and Sera had probably upset her by asking. She sighed, trying to think of anything to help her. Sadly, there wasn't anything she could do, besides buy her a nice warm drink. Sera wrapped her cloak around her as she walked, mostly for something to hold on to.

When they stopped in front of the library, Sera almost burst out laughing at Alea's suggestion. Was the girl serious? The Vantha girl had to steady herself for a second. With a chuckle, "Heh... hm... well, blocking the doorway would be interesting and funny, but if you're trying to cause a problem for the librarians, why not go all out and completely hide this part of the library with snow, making the door impossible to find." She looked at the girl with a raised eyebrow. By then she had completely forgotten about their goal to find something warm to drink. "But wait, why would you even suggest that?" Sera couldn't help but ask. Her eyes were turning green as a serge of excitement spread throughout her body. If the two of them were to cause some trouble, it would be a good story to tell, and a great scene to return to in the morning, if not to just see people's faces in the morning.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Words: 85623
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2011, 2:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 19th, 2011, 3:00 am

Alea grinned at Sera's suggestion. "That's a good idea. Let's make it hard for them to get to work in the morning." She began taking mittened handfuls of snow and piling it on the doorstep. "As for why, that's a long story. Let's just say there's a guy who reeeeeeally deserves it." She continued moving small piles of snow to the doorstep, but to be honest, the wind was piling the snow faster than she was. She threw up her hands in frustration and said, "There has got to be a faster way to do this!"

She tried to think back to her childhood days of playing in the snow, but all she could remember was hiding as the other children had snowball fights. She pick up some snow again, but it was so powdery, it was more like sand than a ball. "How do people make snowmen out of this stuff? How do you get it to stick together like that?" She was mostly talking to herself, but she spoke out loud in case Sera knew more about how to move snow that she did.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 19th, 2011, 4:08 am

Sera grinned widely. "Well let's do this then." As Alea was piling small handfuls, Sera was packing it down with her boots and then pushing it towards the door, creating a firm hold. Alea seemed to be a bit frustrated, or maybe she just hadn't done this before. Luckily, Sera grew up doing this. "Hey, let me show you something!" Sera exclaimed and moved closer to the girl. She grabbed two handfuls of snow. "You have to pack the snow to make it stay together, especially when it's not sticky. Like tonight, how fine it is, makes this a little difficult, but in the morning, it will be hard to get through, which will be fun." Sera smirked again, "Well fun for us."

She pressed handfuls of snow together until they were hard, then pressed it into the snow around the door. In a way, she hoped it would get cold enough and that they were pack it together enough so the snow would turn to ice. Sera continued packing snow balls upon snowballs. She smoothed them together with more snow and then added more snowballs on top of it. It wasn't the quickest job in the world, but it was entertaining. Sera got to her feet and backed up. What was a better way to do this. Get help? Well, that was one way to go about doing it, but they didn't need help. It was then when Sera wondered what would happen to them if they got caught. She loved adventures and split second decisions, but sometimes the consequences got to her. Oh well, at least it was Alea's idea. So she wasn't alone, and she was just going along with an innocent little prank.

So Sera returned to adding snow, as the wind picked up even more and blew their direction. She couldn't help but have the idea that it was a sign form Morwen that they were doing the right thing. Though, it was quite possibly just the idea that the wind wanted to help them. 'Maybe whoever was rude to Alea, deserves this.' Sera thought to herself and chuckled. 'I wonder if I'll make an enemy of this person...' Then, as Sera continued pushing snow, she tried to think of everyone that worked at the library. Sadly, she couldn't even name one name.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 21st, 2011, 1:03 am

Alea followed Sera's instructions and packed the snow together, giggling as she gathered a large ball about the size of her head. It seemed stable, but when she tried to pick it up, the snowball split in two and fell back to the ground. Frowning, and more determined than ever, she quickly regathered the pile, and then rolled it toward the library, so that it would not have a chance to break apart. When she finally got it in front of the door, however, it seemed to have gotten bigger, maybe about the width of her shoulders.

Wondering if that happened every time, she went to a relatively undisturbed patch of snow and repeated the process. This time, as she was rolling the ball along, she realized that the weight of it was causing the snow underneath to be packed into the snowball. "Sera, look at this!" she called. "We can make them as big as we want!" She was rolling a snowball that came up to her knees toward the door they were trying to block. Then she frowned. "Where should we put it? It won't really go on top of that smaller one. And rolling the snow is good for moving a lot at once, but we'll still need to fill in the cracks." After thinking a bit more, she rolled the larger snowball next to the steps leading up to the door. "I'll just put it here for now. We're covering the whole wall, right?"

Alea realized that she was panting slightly. Bending over and rolling snow around was taking a bit of work, but at least she didn't feel quite so cold now. She decided to get started on another snowball and see if she could make it even BIGGER this time!
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 23rd, 2011, 3:51 pm

OOCSorry about the length. I've been sickly.

Sera stopped and watched as Alea was rolling the snow into large balls. She fought back a smile. At least her friend was enjoying the excitement of creating things out of snow. "Why didn't I think of that...? Used to do that all the time as a child." She said, mostly to herself and watched. Alea was creating large balls of snow. Sera shrugged and decided to follow Alea's lead. It was funny how the one who obviously didn't grow up in the snow was the one to come up with the most effective way to make large snowballs. So, the Vantha knelt down in the snow and began to roll balls of snow as well, as large as she could get them without getting them stuck due to their weight.

"I wonder what would happen if we got caught..." She asked out loud to herself.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 26th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Alea made sure to pack snow into the crevices between snowballs, in an attempt to make a uniform layer of snow. She helped Sera lift huge snowballs on top of others until the pile reached the roof of the library. The two worked for several hours, and the effort kept Alea so warm that she completely forgot about any plan to seek hot beverages. Eventually, the two girls were finished, and Alea stepped back to admire their work. The entire front-facing wall was completely covered in a layer of snow several feet thick.

The sky was starting to become just a shade lighter, but it would probably be several hours before anyone came to the library. Alea yawned hugely and then grinned. "We should probably try to get some sleep. This should keep Coren occupied for a while." Alea was almost certainly going to come back to watch the fruit of her labor, but she trusted herself to be able to keep hidden. She didn't want to risk Sera getting in trouble, so she did not mention returning to the scene of the crime.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 27th, 2011, 9:04 am

Once the wall was snow packed, with a large layer of white snow. Sera stepped back to stand next to Alea. "Wow... we're good!" She said with a chuckle. She held her hands behind her back and shot Alea a wide, teeth filled smile. "Well, my dear friend! We've had some fun, haven't we." She nodded, agreeing with herself and turned around, looking all ways to make sure no one was watching. Her eyes turned a brighter green and she looked to Alea again. "Well I think this will cause a ruckus in the morning, but it sure was fun." She looked back to the wall of snow. "I have to say, tonight's been a good night, and I am so coming back here in the morning, after a few hours rest." It was almost dawn after all. "I assume I'll see you, but don't be surprised if I stay further away." She stretched and yawned and winked at the girl. "See you tomorrow morning?" And with that, the young Vantha took off towards home.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Mutt on December 28th, 2011, 2:19 am

Alea

Experience