Partners in Crime (Sera)

What sorts of trouble can two teenage girls get up to at night?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 5th, 2011, 2:12 am

8 Winter, 511

Alea didn't know how her cat kept getting out, but now she had to hunt him down, at night, AGAIN! That animal was going to freeze to death if it wasn't careful, and that was only if Alea didn't kill him first. After pulling on her boots and both of her wool cloaks, she trudged out into the snow after the cat. Sure enough, there was a trail of dainty paw prints leading off into the darkness.

She followed the trail as far as she could, but she could barely see in the darkness. Before too long, she completely lost sight of the trail. Kicking the snow in frustration, she turned around, intending to give up and go back to bed. That was when she saw something interesting...
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 5th, 2011, 3:04 am

Before leaving the Skyglow Hold, Sera let her hair down, out of the braid she had it in before. Her hair fell in front of her, thick curly waves of dark. She parted it and separated it to both sides of her head, then put the hood of her cloak up and tied it tight. It looked like a mess, but it would at least keep her ears warm. Her charm necklace hung out of her cloak, like always. The cold wouldn't bother her so much, it would just be the wind. It always messed with her hearing. Her eyes glimmered a brilliant green as she moved outside and ran down one of the trails, holding her cloak up as not to trip on it.

Her boots left distinguishing prints in the snow as she moved onto the side of the trail and up into one of the snow banks, looking every direction before sliding down the other side of the bank. Wrinkling her nose, Sera got up and jumped back into the trail, slightly annoyed with the weather. It wasn't exactly clear, but that was mostly the wind to blame. She wasn't too sure what she was doing, either, which didn't help things. Was it just a midnight walk? Was there some other reason? Suddenly she heard something from behind her. She turned on her heals to find a cat sitting in the snow watching her. Sera tilted her head to the side, watching the animal.

"Well hello there!" She said, half smiling. "What are you doing out here by yourself?" She glanced around. "Or are you not by yourself?" Her eyes darkened as she scanned the area, not seeing anyone too close. "Well you could come with me, if you wanted! I'm just hoping to find something. Don't know what yet, but something." When she looked back to where the cat had been, the small animal was gone. She frowned.

"Am I hallucinating?" She asked herself and began waving her hands in front of her face. It was at that exact moment when she fell back, losing her balance from the wild hand gestures and landed right on her butt. Definitely not one of her graceful moments.

Instead of getting up and dusting herself off, she decided to make a snow angel. So she laid back and began moving her arms and legs to create the form in the snow.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Words: 85623
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2011, 2:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 6th, 2011, 1:27 am

The thing Alea had noticed what a deep boot-print in the snow. Given how deep it was and how rough the edges were, it probably hadn't snowed since they were made. That didn't necessarily mean anything, and Alea could hardly expect to find anything by following them, but she was already out of bed and it would seem silly to just go back now.

So, she followed the boot-prints. She made it into a game of trying to step only in the holes, and not in the snow around them. It was a little awkward, since the stride of the prints was a bit smaller than hers, but for the most part she managed to match the prints with only a bit of wobbling and the occasional misstep.

Just as she reached the top of a rise, the footsteps stopped being an even stride. Sighing at yet another lost trail, Alea trudged down the snow bank and continued forward. However, she wasn't watching where she was going, and ended up tripping over something! After falling flat on her face, she groaned and look at what had caused her fall. It was a person!
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 6th, 2011, 3:28 am

So peaceful, so nice so...

"Ahhhck!" Sera cried as someone tumbled over herself, getting to her feet in a quick manner that probably would have made someone "ahh" if they had seen it. She was quick the acrobat after all. Okay, it was more of a dancerly jump, but it worked. Sadly, the poor girl who had tripped over her, probably didn't catch the graceful movement, due to the fact that she had fallen on her face in the snow.

Narrowing her eyes, Sera inched closer. The girl looked familiar. She had probably seen her before. A memory? Though it was quite possible that was just her imagination. She could have been hallucinating, or just imagining things. OR possibly dreaming... Maybe the girl was some sort of angel... or goddess... or maybe it was... Her eyes immediately flashed a bright purple, rimmed with blue.

She gasped, and reached her hand out. "I'm so sorry!" She said with a smile, finally realizing that the girl was indeed real. "I shouldn't have been laying around in the snow like a child, I guess I was just being playful. Yes, that's definitely what it was. Please forgive me!!"

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 7th, 2011, 11:51 pm

OOCI wasn't sure which language you were speaking, but I assumed Vani. Please let me know if this is wrong :)

Alea's Vani was minimal at best, but combined with the girl's tone, Alea could make out that she seemed to be apologizing. She let the girl help her up and then brushed the snow off her cloak. Sighing at the struggle of language barriers, she wracked her brain for the right words. She eventually managed to say, in an almost painfully poor imitation of the Vani accent, "My Vani is poor."

Alea shrugged apologetically. She hoped they had at least one language with which they could communicate, so she tried Common next (it was called that for a reason). "Do you speak Common? I hope you speak Common. I'm sorry for tripping over you. What are you doing out here?"
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 8th, 2011, 4:20 am

OOCSowwies! Totally forgot to specify! Don't hate me! Also, I hope this is better.

When the girl spoke in an odd manner, Sera's face darkened, as did her eyes. She was embarrassed and shrugged. Then when she spoke in the common tongue, Sera just nodded. "Oh yes! I'm not that great at it, but I can speak it." Her smile returned. "And do not worry. You are fine! I promise!! Everyone trips and falls. I think it's just part of life. Or maybe it's just being a girl..."

The wind began to pick up, blowing the snow in waves. Sera wrapped her cloak around her tightly. "Well..." She hesitated. "I guess I'm just looking for trouble. "Wait! Why are you out here? You're not from around here, are you?" Her eyes met the girl's, "My name is Sera. What's your ...?" Then it hit her. She had just met the girl earliar. "Oh I'm so sorry!! It must have been too dark. Wait! Why are you out here?!" Before the poor girl could answer, a strange hiss sung along on the wind and instinctively Sera grabbed the girl's arm. It was probably nothing, but if it was... Something, and they had to run, Sera had a feeling that she'd have to lead the stranger through the snow. "Oh, I apologize once again! So... why are you here?"

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 9th, 2011, 2:17 am

Alea tried to answer Sera, but the girl just kept talking. She was a bit startled when the girl grabbed her arm suddenly, but she just went with it. When she could finally get a word in edgewise, she decided to answer the question Sera has asked three times. "I'm actually looking for my cat. He keeps going out at night, and I can't find him. But I've given up for tonight. He'll probably return by morning."

Alea eventually became aware that Sera seemed distracted. "Is something wrong? You seem a bit nervous." The girl said she was looking for trouble? What kind of trouble was this? There were fun kinds of trouble, but there were also the get-eaten-stabbed-trampled-mauled-killed kind of trouble. Also, it was dark, and cold. Part of her just wanted to get back to a warm bed, but another part reasoned that she'd left home for a reason, and if there was adventure to be had, well, she'd better have it.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 10th, 2011, 12:29 am

Realizing how redundant she had sounded after Alea spoke, Sera apologized. "I'm sorry to sound so scatter brained. I guess I got a little excited. Wait...Your cat?" Sera chuckled, remembering the encounter from before. "Oh that explains the little fella I saw earlier..." Sera frowned, then. She was acting like there was something terribly wrong. It probably made her look a little crazy. Or crazier than usual. "Yeah, I thought I heard something a little bit ago, probably the wind, or maybe it's your animal. What's his name anyways?"

Sera found it strange that the girl had let her cat outside, to wander around in the cold. She knew Alea was just visiting Avanthal, though for how long was unknown. Though the cat did vanish on her, so it was possible that he just left on his own terms. 'Poor girl...' She thought to herself, noticing how cold she looked. Luckily, Sera grew up in the cold, it was just what it was: Cold. She felt it but was used to it. "If you want, we could head back into town, get something warm to drink and then go out looking for you cat? Or maybe by then he'd have made his way back home? What do you think?" She glanced around, noticing the wind had picked up again, this time blowing snow off of the snowbanks and onto the two girls.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Alea Davenport on December 10th, 2011, 3:19 am

Alea was fairly used to crazy people by now, so Sera's strange behavior hardly phased her. However, she stared for a moment when Sera asked for her cat's name. Then she remembered; she'd had this conversation before, but with a different friend. Apparently, normal people gave their animals names. Blushing slightly, and not wanted to look stupid again, she tried to quickly think of a name for her cat. She wracked her brain, trying to think of something that didn't sound completely inane. "Um..." she said cleverly, stalling for time. What could she call her cat? She and her parents had always just referred to him as 'the cat.' He was just a cat! Just a regular old tomcat... Wait, that's it! "Tom," she finally said, "The cat's name is Tom."

When Sera mentioned getting something warm, Alea jumped on the chance. "Yes, let's drink something warm, and go inside. My cat will probably find his own way home eventually..." She trailed off as the wind blew snow into her face. She pulled her cloak tighter and decided she could live without seeing snow ever again.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Partners in Crime (Sera)

Postby Sera on December 12th, 2011, 5:13 am

Sera smiled at Alea's excitement about a warm drink. "Alright, then back into Town and, hopefully, Tom will return." For some reason, Sera felt the name 'Tom' was odd for a cat. Alea's hesitation made it even more odd. She chuckled to herself figuring the cat's real name was something silly and the girl was embarrassed by it. Of course, Sera wouldn't care. She just wanted to try calling the cat by his name. Though, what was the point? Alea would probably have tried it already. So she threw the idea in the back of her head and looked around.

Every direction looked the same for a second. It took a while for the lights of the city to glow through the snow. Sera's eyes narrowed and turned purple as she tried to focus. Once she decided upon a direction, she gestured Alea to move forward and follow her. "Seems like the wind's really been blowing snow around, can't even see our tracks anymore." She spoke, trying to strike up a conversation and she was a little worried about her friend. Alea wasn't Vantha after all. "Are you doing alright, out here?"
Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next