Sit and Think (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Arandolya on December 7th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Arandolya
The only limit is the Stars . . .

Timestamp: 56th of Winter, 511 AV

The wind swirled, almost visible, something you could've sworn you saw out of the corner of your eye, but lost when you turn to peek. It was a tangible thing, felt almost alive as it brushed bare flesh. It was a pleasant cold, a cooling aspect on a hot day. This far above the ground one would assume it would be quite cold. Here though, it was warm, and the breeze was welcomed. She was wearing a simply white Vinati, wrapping to tie around her neck. Her Bryda was white too, with clear glass beads decorating it in a way that seemed to play in the sunlight. The white made sense in this world, being on this cloud land that her unshod feet fell silently on, although she felt she'd fall through with every step.

Red hair was the only colored thing in this world, a beacon in the sunlight, glowing like fire. Golden eyes were framed by such flames, and peered at the rolling white cloudscape in search of anything. She'd forgotten who she was, why she was here. The perfect dream. Of where she wouldn't know herself, and could find herself just as easily as find a new self. She tried to grasp on to a name, at least. A symbol of something perhaps. All she remembered was she wasn't afraid of height. Which was good, as she walked close to the edge of the cloud, and was content to watch the scene below.

"Innnaarrrttaaa." The name perked a memory. She turned, but only saw the frustrating glimpses of wind.
"Innnaarrtttaaa." Again. It was a part of her. It made her shiver slightly in recognition.
"Inarta?" her mouth moved to produce the sounds, and it rolled off her tongue deliciously. "Inarta. Perhaps that is my name?" she voiced aloud, seeing if anything would happen with such a proclamation.
"No. It is not my name. It is . . . me?" she continued, molding the cloud below her into a sort of chair to rest upon. She must figure such things out. Or it would bother her greatly.

"I shall sit and think upon this matter." Such words sounded formal and like it would get something done. So she did just that. She sat, and welcomed the sun's warmth, loosening her Vinati slightly. The female blinked and her head tilted, resting on her palm which was rested on the armrest of her cloudchair. Although dreams were normally for some inner need or want, she was just content to sit and relax, unaware that was an inner want of the self that was just out of her reach.
Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Words: 96016
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on December 20th, 2011, 12:29 am

OOCI figured I would drop in.
He had never considered himself afraid of heights…nor of anything for that matter. But for some reason suddenly finding himself staring over the side of a cloud to earth…well it was a little unnerving for him. But the sudden terror and fascination that gripped him kept him looking downward toward the ground. What was down there? Who was there? Was there anyone there? Way down there? The questions were intriguing in many aspects to say the least. Was this what it felt like to be a god? To walk on clouds peering downward on puny mortals as they did their menial tasks to try and appease you.

He laughed a little at the thought and stretched, feeling his white bodysuit stretch with him. It was intriguing to think on…but he still couldn’t reach a conclusion on how he got here…or for that matter how he was going to get safely down. Odd you would think if one had found a way to walk on clouds you would remember how you did it. However, he did not recall…and yet that didn’t seem to odd for him to accept. He was here now walking in the white tufts and well he was going to enjoy it. So he took off running through the cloud tops. He was enjoying himself thoroughly. The wisps of white and mist were more than entertaining to run through.

It was a strange sensation running among these white puffs. Odd, but at the same time familiar…but why? Did he belong here? It was possible…likely….was it? As he ran he spotted something sticking out among the clouds…something red. This red fire of sorts was easy to spot among the white of the clouds. More than easy. Almost like it was put there for him to find for one reason or another. He was curious so he stopped and watched this red fire…but it wasn’t fire. It was hair, he knew because of the way it moved with the breezes. Odd…was there someone else here too?
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Fusha on December 22nd, 2011, 5:19 am

Fusha

The white coyote shivers slightly as something soft, something ethereal tickles her belly. Her surroundings have changed, white snow replaced by white... fluff. She lifts her head up to the sky and notices that she is closer than ever to the sun, as if she's in the sky... The coyote bounds away toward a dip in the ever-white landscape and finds herself on the edge of a cloud, looking down upon a vast, diverse panorama of Earth. She sight scares her, and she immediately reels back from the edge, forcing parts of the cloud to whip around her like the white fog of the wilderness did down on that world she had just seen like never before.

Shutting down her vision and letting her superior senses of smell and hearing take over, she hears a voice, very soft from being carried over a vast distance. She almost puts it off as nothing in it's inadequate volume, but hears it again, and this time can't deny it. As she moves toward where she thinks the voice is coming from, the coyote hears it again, this time louder, and basks in it's non-irritant smooth sensation. I haven't heard a voice like that in a long time, ponders the white animal. Resuming her travels, she soon sees a blaring dot of red in the previous sea of white. Just to the right of it she sees movement, the kind that you see out of the corner of your eye, but when you try to concentrate, it's gone. Except this time it's still there. The faint swirling of clouds marks the path of another individual up here. Crouching lower, the coyote quickens her advance, hoping to meet the people in this strange but intriguing... dream? World?

Last edited by Fusha on December 23rd, 2011, 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Character Sheet:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post131691.html#p131691

Newbie here, looking forward to RPing with y'all
Fusha
Shadowalker

Words: 11926
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2011, 7:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Arandolya on December 23rd, 2011, 4:59 am

Arandolya

OOCWhee people!

The fire-coloured female sat quietly, her mind having long wandered from the prospect of her identity, instead traversing to more entertaining thoughts. She didn't expect others with her. Red fire moving in the sunlight, she raised her head, peering curiously at the distant figure. It seemed male. The woman tilted her head in curiosity, wondering as to whom he was.

Cautiously, and with slight wariness, she called out, "Hello there!" and raised an arm slightly to catch his attention. Yes, male. Easy steps took her towards him, her Bryda whispering softly over the plush terrain, making it give the illusion of her simply gliding. When she reached the man, she offered a pleasant smile. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" The language was of her own, the language of Nari. It didn't cross her mind he would perhaps only speak another dialect. Hopefully, in this world, if that was what it was, they could speak and be understood.

It seemed it could happen. After all, the female was no Endal, she couldn't have gotten here by Eagle. That must mean this world is of endless possibilities.

Endal.

The word struck a loud bell, but it's source was still guarded. Perhaps it was supposed to be that way? Maybe she wasn't supposed to know who she was. The woman decided that was fine. She would like something to call herself though. Maybe this man could come up with one. In her thoughts, and concentrating on the man, seeing if his face would stir any memories, the presence of the canine was lost to her.

Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on December 23rd, 2011, 1:45 pm

There were plenty of things in this realm that Serrif didn’t understand, and plenty more that he had just forgotten with time. He knew several races spoke several languages, he could only remember hearing two spoken, Konti and Common. But he wasn’t ignorant enough to believe that those were the only two languages spoken in this broad expanse. If he had known that this realm somehow let everyone communicate with each other he would be astounded. No matter what language Arandolya spoke it would sound like common to him, the language he knew best. But to Arandolya it would sound like whatever language was most native for her. It was a strange occurrence, but heck anything was indeed possible here.

He watched the woman approach, she wore a form of dress he had never seen before. So he couldn’t place where she was from. But she wasn’t from anywhere he had ever visited, but then again he had never been to this place himself before. She asked him a simple question, but he didn’t really have an answer. He merely shrugged and spoke to her gently. “I really have no idea what I am doing here….I just was here.”

That didn’t seem like a very good explanation to him. But that was the best he could do honestly. He didn’t know what he was doing here nor how he ended up here. He too was lost to the presence of the canine, it was stealthy and not where his attention was focused right now. This woman stuck out among the landscape…the canine did not. “I am….I can’t even come up with a name to call myself.” He smiled and shook his head a little. “Are you having the same issue? Maybe it is this place….or something about this place that makes you forget things?” Those words were truer than he could ever have imagined.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Fusha on December 23rd, 2011, 3:01 pm

Fusha

The canine knows that she is undetected a few meters off; neither of the two people is being attentive about intruders. She listens to their conversation and finds that she can understand what they are saying, just like how she understands coyotes when they howl or bark. She has heard other people speak before, but barely understood the meaning of their words. Maybe something is different about this place, she thought.

The white coyote starts to make her advance, but an unknown voice seems to whisper into her head, saying a word that seems vital, but takes her a moment to realize why. “Sshifftt,” whispers the voice. Oh, yes, she thinks to herself, I can look like one of them too. She can’t remember how, though. Pondering what she would look like in her other form, the shift starts to happen. Her nose shrinks down into her face while her arms and legs lengthen and grow. Her calloused paws turn soft and the digits elongate into hands and feet. A bright flash of light accompanies the change, and leaves a naked young woman standing in the clouds. “Hello?” she asks tentatively.
Last edited by Fusha on December 27th, 2011, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character Sheet:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post131691.html#p131691

Newbie here, looking forward to RPing with y'all
Fusha
Shadowalker

Words: 11926
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2011, 7:53 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Arandolya on December 25th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Arandolya

The woman listened to him attentively, frowning slightly at his reply. He didn't know who he was either. Well, that made things a bit harder to solve. She huffed, although it was barely his fault, biting her lip in thought.

Perhaps they knew each other? She paused in her thoughts, critically peering at him, her golden eyes intense and focused, tracing over every portion of his body. Nothing. So they were strangers. The non-Endal, as that much she had realized, tilted her head, red hair spilling onto her white clothing. It occurred to her he was dressed much different also. This was particularly strange.

"I agree," she replied, not even realizing he did not hear her words in Nari, only a strangely-lilted whichever tongue was most familiar with his ears. "I can't remember anything. Only I'm Inarta, not my name though, maybe my race? Although you and I look the same, except perhaps our hair and eyes. Maybe that's why? It seems odd to base a race off hair and eye colour though," she mused, absently reaching out to brush her hair gently over his hair compared to her own.

The woman hummed quietly. "Perhaps we should come up with names, if we forget our past, we can make up one," she said with a small smile. Normally, she'd never be this outgoing with an outsider of the Inartan society, but she barely knew what Inarta meant, let alone he was not a part of it. For all she knew, he could be a relative, although that much was in doubt since she thoughts she would have felt such a relation.

The canine, still slithering midst the clouds caught her unaware, when a girl suddenly sprouted up, and a shrill sounding scream exited her lips, as she jumped away, her hand reaching, as though for something that wasn't currently there. When she realized that, her hand simply raised to ward off the person. It all happened in a course of a few moments, but no attack came, and the girl relaxed.

Where are her clothes? The woman raised an eyebrow at the female's lack of clothing, pursing her lips. "Hello," she says all the same, smiling gently. "Umm, where are your clothes?" she added, shifting. Not that was uncomfortable in the presence of a naked female, the Inarta were quite a free race, but she felt she was obliged to offer some of her own clothing, so at least they had a semi-equal amount of covering.

Arandolya
Flying among the stars

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Sit and Think (Open)

Postby Auric on July 20th, 2013, 4:18 am

YAY! YOU GET A GRADE

Arandolya
- Lore of forgetting one's self

Serrif Von Chatlyn
If you come back (and update your ledger) PM me, and I will give you a grade.

Fusha
If you come back (and update your ledger) PM me, and I will give you a grade.

Notes: As this was a dream thread, I can't give any skills. I didn't see much in the way of lore either, as the thread was cut short -- sad, because it seemed like it had a lot of potential.
Auric
The Midas Touch

Words: 21083
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook