If only I could read. (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

If only I could read. (Open)

Postby Auburn on March 9th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Spring, 7th day 510
Auburn walked along the streets of Syliras, fascinated and amazed by the sights, the, sounds and some of the smells too, she had never really been in a city before, but she was loving it already, sure she loved being out in an open field too, but this was something she was sure to remember. Even in this state of awe she held her head up, not wanting anyone to bother or look down on her. She saw so many different things, different races she wasn't familiar with, and it all made her smile, she was going to like this place, though a problem did arise, she didn't know what she was going to do next, and she couldn't read the signs vearry well, so she stopped, right in the middle of the way, she shifted the weight of her pack so it wasn't digging into her shoulders anymore, and she looked around, feeling somewhat lost.
Auburn
Player

Words: 3043
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 2:46 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: If only I could read. (Open)

Postby Ana on March 9th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Ana walked through the streets aimlessly. At some point she was going to have to find herself some form of an occupation to support herself, but for now, she just wanted to observe the city. What better way to find employment than by walking around and listening to hearsay? Though tht wasn't what she was really doing. Instead she was looking around at all of the people, the different races; her eyes swirrling with multiple colors from her excitement.

As she walked, she noticed a young girl standing in the middle of the road, people gruffly shoving past her. As Ana studied her, she slowly began to think that she might be a Kelvic with her slanted pupils. Her curiosity peaked and she advanced toward the girl; she was eager to meet people of the other races. "Hello!" she said happily in her high voice in the common language. "Do you need assistance? I can help."
Ana
Player

Words: 19400
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Auburn on March 9th, 2010, 9:13 pm

Auburn jumped a little when she heard someone talk to her, she had been in a bit of a daze and didn't notice her walk over, but she certainly noticed her now. Auburn studied the one who had startled her, she appeared to be human, but something about her was a little... off, she quickly decided that it was her eyes, and she heard something in her voice, something that made her sound somewhat trustworthy. Now Auburn wasn't usually one to admit she needed help so readily, but she really was lost in this city, and as embarrassing as it would be to admit it, she couldn't read a single sign, and it wouldn't be safe for a young Kelvic such as herself to wander around without knowing what types of place she was going into. Auburn sighed, "Well, yes." She stated simply, "I seem to be lost, and... I can't read any of the signs..." Auburn shifted uncomfortably on her bare feet, stood up strait and confident as usual and said, "And if you could help then that would be great." She pushed some of her red hair behind her left ear and nodded, as if agreeing with herself on the matter. Auburn smiled inwardly, thinking to herself about how she really should learn to think things through more.
Auburn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Klane on March 9th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Klane was eying the situation from a nearby ally. Normally such an encounter would not acquire his attention, but this was different. As an ex-slave, the kelvic always felt the need to help others, to be loyal, but with his fellow kind, that feeling was much stronger. Thanks to his heightened senses, it was obvious to Klane that Auburn was a kelvic. Yes, between her slitted eyes and teeth, there was no doubt about it. Unfortunately with heightened canine sight, came the equally heightened hearing, and from his hiding spot Klane could hear the entire conversation. "I seem to be lost, and... I can't read any of the signs..."

So... the girl can't read... He frowned. Klane couldn't read either, and therefore there was no obvious way he could help. All the same, he felt that this spying was wrong, and he emerged from the shadows to greet the newcomer. "Hello," his voice was hinted with nervousness, but the Kelvic wasn't nearly as paranoid as he was when he first came to Syliras, "Need any help?"
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Character sheet

Postby Ana on March 10th, 2010, 2:36 am

Ana smiled as the young Kelvic girl spoke. Someone she could help; how fun! They could be new in town together! "Yes, I can..." but before she could finish another boy cam running out from the alleyway. Her eyes flashed yellow with shock for a moment then turned into a dark, almost black blue color. Her hand out of instinct immediately darted to the bow that was slung around her torso and reached for an arrow. By the time she realized the boy had stopped moving forward the bow was strung and halfway aimed. She blinked a couple of times before relaxing her stance.

Then her eyes turned a dark crimson and her brows furrowed together. "Why do you do that?" she practically growled through her teeth in anger. Then taking a deep breath to calm herself, her eyes once more shifting between colors, she said, "Do not do that. You will die that way on accident. And I helping her." She almost felt possesive of the Kelvic girl. She saw her first, she wanted to help her.

Turning to the girl a smile once more taking control of her face she said, "What do you need to know?"
Ana
Player

Words: 19400
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Auburn on March 10th, 2010, 3:48 am

The smell of another Kelvic hit Auburn's nose just a second before she noticed the man run up, she looked at the girl, "Actually, I don't think he's a threat..." She said looking at the Kelvic, "How familiar are you with the city?" She asked not really caring who answered her, "Because, the way I see it, someone that knows their surroundings is invaluable. Maybe the three of us could work something out, yes?" Auburn didn't know why the human looking girl was acting so protective of her, but it was slightly unsettling, though she couldn't say she didn't understand, and she wouldn't mind having another Kelvic around, so long as they where trustworthy, she didn't mind.
Auburn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Klane on March 10th, 2010, 8:35 pm

"Do not do that. You will die that way on accident. And I helping her." Klane responded to the words with a confused look, tilting his head to the side like a dog. He didn't know he'd done anything wrong, but not wanting to come across as an idiot, he didn't admit his ignorance.

"Oh, sorry, didn't mean to startle you." Once Klane had said that, the other Kelvic staged her question. Having been in Syliras for around a season now, the man felt rather confident in his quick response. "I know my way around, where do you want to go?" How he looked when he spoke though, wasn't nearly as confident as the actual words. He was constantly looking back and forth between the two women, hoping the human one didn't pull out her weapon again.
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Character sheet