[Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jilitse on March 11th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Ichor for Sale

7-7-10
Many things have changed since I started playing here in Mizahar. My scrapbook have held together quite the notes that I cherish, and have oft helped me in molding what Jili is today. Always remember, that I am a witch before anything else.

A little more color wouldn't be so bad.

Welcome, may you find you're looking for.
Last edited by Jilitse on August 6th, 2010, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Re: [Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

Postby Jilitse on March 11th, 2010, 1:47 pm

The Flashback (Winter 509AV):
  1. Draw (Really draw)
  2. Animate. Fail partially.
  3. Talk to Mashaen
  4. Learn Carpentry
  5. Draw more
  6. Animated more
  7. Talk to Mashaen (again. I like the guy.)
  8. Start reading about voiding
  9. Get hurt by attempting to learn
  10. Transfer to a new body
  11. Hibernate

This alone would probably constitute 30-50 posts. This is like posting for the whole season of winter on one thread! Ha!
So far I've completed one task!
5 is optional. 8-10 can be skipped if it proves to be too tasking to accomplish. Talking to Mashaen is important. Tarot has agreed to roleplay him! Mmm.

Plans changed!
Last edited by Jilitse on March 12th, 2010, 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alistair deGrey on March 11th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Greetings Jilitse.

I hear there is free lumber in Sahova? I definitely want you as a contact then. ;)

Also, if you want me to make anything for you then telling me now would be great (while you're working your way to Syliras) so I can start designing it now.

Regards,
Morse
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Jilitse on March 12th, 2010, 1:02 am

Spring notes:

Voiding - Training
  • More library time!
  • Talk to Aelobius. Creepy dude.
  • Learn Voiding, do it properly!
  • Make first successful portal (the size of a thumb!)
  • Get eyeball sucked in. Almost.
  • Play with portal. Send bits and pieces of random stuff.
  • More library time!

Gadgeteering - Training
  • Work more in the laboratory!
  • Draw a new machine design
  • Cut wood
  • Fail
  • Cut more wood (It's free anyway.)
  • Make it work!
  • Fail again. (In failure I learn, ha!)
  • Glue, band them together.
  • ???
  • Profit

Random Stuff
  • Go to Sylira despite the ugly weather
  • Shop for books.
  • Visit the Temple of Gods
  • Visit Alistair. Remember not to mention magic.

• Wait for Malia and Cosette
  • Throw a parteeeh
  • Hold hands and pray.

Hold that thought!
  • Start selling Ichor.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on March 12th, 2010, 2:11 pm

So like, I've done more 10k++ words here, which I believe is amazing, considering the span of time I've been around. Look at my thesis: it's covered in dust and cobwebs, and it's almost the end of the semester. Haha.

Also, I have realized that wanting to make more than 30 posts on a flashback thread is ridiculous. I shall try to take things slowly this time, as I don't want Jilitse to be like a burst of hot flame. Like a brain fart of some sort. So maybe I should take her story slooowly. Post once every month or something. But hot dang, I work so fast, I surprise myself.

I do have the gut feeling that roleplaying Jil is more than a creative impulse, like a temporary relief or vacation from writing too much about politics and school stuff. *shiver*

So the plan is to cut back on ambitious posts and stick to less but quality posts. Sounds good.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on March 12th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Does the statement in your first post mean that Jilitse is actually a guy? XD

Favoring your PC and Miza over your thesis doesn't sound good though. Keep your sense of what's important and what can wait. I know what I'm talking about, because rejecting school because of RPG sites always has bad results and in the end you're mad at yourself. At least I experienced it that way. People here definitely understand if you have no time due to school or work. :)

Also, write what you want to write and how you want to write (except if it interferes with what I said about rl stuff). I'm sure that you'll find your pace soon enough.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Jilitse on March 16th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Nyuu. Jilitse is a girl <3
Yeah, am holding back on posting too much. Channeling creative energy into the thesis seems to work somewhat. I believe I can make the deadline :D
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on March 25th, 2010, 4:47 am

Mashaen
I'm waiting on the completion of my Flashback with Mashaen(Tarot), so that I can proceed with short-running quests that go in-line with my character's life purpose.

The flashback consisted of animating, drawing, and talking to Mashaen. The conversation is running smoothly(so far), and I think we'll be wrapping it up soon. After the conversation, I'll be ending the flashback with a hazy dream/memory recall of Jilitse's father. Some slice of life lessons and hurrah!

Character History
I have recently obtained permission to edit my character history, and instead of being Isur turned nuit, I've become human turned nuit for Sahova. Now it's easier to move around plot devices for Jil. Wee.

Skill development
It is stupid to learn voiding, when I have created a purely world mage. So I think I'll just focus on Animation and take Projection at the sides.

For now I'll be pulling up my metalworking skills, with a bit of math and drawing thrown in. From the scientific end, later on, I'll work on the mystical part of animation, and I'm planning on "casting circles" and widdershins and the alphabet of desire, with glyphing thrown in.

Nonsense Trivia
Nuit or Nu or Nut or Neuth traces to an Egyptian god of the sky.
I can't find anything little fact has no significance or whatsoever to Nuits in Mizahar.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Tarot on March 28th, 2010, 8:28 am

Nuit does come from the Egyptian god, though it was a suggestion from another Founder as I was struggling with names at the time. I just wanted a few more Egyptian references - the word 'Djed' (backbone) being the foremost example, but also the triangle Aquiras-Priskil-Sagallius taking inspiration from Osiris-Isis-Seth. The fact Nuit is also French for 'night' is an added touch. ;)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jilitse on April 6th, 2010, 10:48 am

Ooooh. I'm not a fan of Egyptian Gods, the little I know of mostly came from The Mummy movies. But I'll try to look into their myths for inspiration!

Spring Plans
I cannot believe how pseudo-intellectual I am. I have just finished smithing a crude compass in-game and the result was horrible. But enough to make slightly ignorant people believe and take the whole procedure as true. I have just realized how animating is hard, and creating - possibly - an actual golem in the future will be five times harder. I mean sure, putting together arms and incorporating a bearing sounds easy enough, but once you get into the finer details of the machine... it gets hard. Very challenging. In my opinion it's one of the reasons why I'm hooked with the game.

I'm going to slightly move on with learning Animation. I'll be using books this time around, and try to research on stone golems.

Malia and Jil
Malia and I are finally facing one another in Sahova, and our nuit-ness is coming between a what-could-be friendship between our PCs. I so want to hug her PC and say "Yay, I have a companion now. Lets us grab hands and celebrate." But IC-ly, Jilitse would not do that. Boo. I'm looking forward to learning animation with her through maybe teaching her what I know and quite possibly, maybe the two of us could get actual lectures from Mashaen. More people means more awesome! Sad that Cosette had to retire. She would have been our ice-breaker!

Mashaen
This guy makes my character nosebleed from information. This guy also frustrates my PC for not spoonfeeding enough information. Without this guy, Jilitse will just be another nuit. There is nothing more to poke out of his wiki.

Other notes
My immersion got moved to the 16th instead of the 9th. I'm not sure if I should hurrah or not.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Next