Winter's Approach (Open)

Remus enjoys the new thrill of the winter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Remus Clawing on December 22nd, 2011, 10:12 am

Remus opened his beady eye to a bright white light, when his eyes finally focused, happiness beamed inside him.
It was a new winter. A fresh winter, with a fresh sheet of snow and ice to cover it. Remus shivered his feathers for warmth as he waddled out of his hollow. It might be cold, but for a snowy owl, winter the best time of the year.
Remus himself didn't actually know what it was that made him so happy about the winter. Be it the beauty of the snow and ice, or the thrill of a new year soon approaching. He didn't know, but he felt like he should. It confused his brain, so he quickly shook it aside. He breathed in the fresh air, and took to the skies with a beat of his wings. He wasn't wearing his armour, he felt know need to block out the chilling breeze.
He looked around the city of Lhavit, it had a new beauty in the winter, the snow covering the stone floors and the ice one the walls, sparkling like stars.
Remus dived down towards a house in the city and gripped his talons into the soft wood. He rest back and watched the people go by in their new panic of Winter's Approach...
Remus Clawing
Player

Words: 4133
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Race: Kelvic

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Corvus Daylighter on December 29th, 2011, 4:35 am

Corvus Daylighter
Corvus nestled herself in the windowsill of a Solarwind apartment, snowflakes drifting from the heavens and forming a cottony surface upon her surroundings. Corvus poked her head around the sill, getting used to her slightly changed view after her hiatus from being in her animal form. She shivered and her feathers ruffled up as the cold seeped into her skin. A chirp escaped her beak and she tucked it into her breast, closing her eyes and resting in peace, the sounds of the city comforting her.

Her dozing mind awoke to the sound of beating wings and she raised her head, noting the shape of an owl hovering and nestling onto the roof of a house. She noted how little acquaintances she'd made since her arrival, and, animal or not, she came to the conclusion that acquaintances were necessary if she wished to continue her stay in Lhavit. Unravelling her wings, she caught a draft and took to the air, gaining a rhythm as she glided toward the house where the owl resided. She chirped her greeting, dipping her head to him respectfully after folding her wings.
Corvus Daylighter
Player

Words: 6515
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2011, 1:30 am
Character sheet

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Alnair on December 30th, 2011, 12:33 am

OOCI'm joining in if it's okay:) And what timestamp does this thread have? First snow in Lhavit is scheduled for the 38th I believe.

Alnair walked around in Lhavit with no particular goal he was just enjoying the sight of the city covered in a beautiful sheet of snow, the sun glittered like diamonds among all the white and also reflected on the Ethaefal's skin showing him to be a child of Syna. It was his fourth winter in Lhavit, but the first without Gavan, his father sort off, it felt odd seeing all this beauty without the old man's gruff words. Letting his dusky blue eyes scan the streets, taking in how different everything looked under the white cover, his cloak wrapped around him despite being in his divine shape.

Looking up into the sky letting the sun wash over his face noticing the loss of heat as Morwen had covered the land of Mizahar in snow and ice. The shape of an owl caught Alnair's attention, that owls usually slept during the day was unknown to him he just admired the life in the cold that only threatened to worse. Another bird closed in and landed on the same roof near the larger owl, to Alnair it looked like a crow or maybe a raven he wasn't very knowledgable about animals or their behaviours. His curiousity awoken Alnair stopped in the street to see how he birds would react, the slight cold forgotten as was the other inhabitants of Lhavit, Alnair had the curse or blessing to get entirely focused on his newest interest.
Alnair
Player

Words: 6038
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2011, 10:53 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Remus Clawing on December 31st, 2011, 10:29 am

OCC-I'm not the most experience player, so I guess the 38th would be the timestamp for this :smirk:

Remus breathed in the fresh chill, and turned his head to the side to watch the black raven land next to him on the roof. He twisted his body round so that he was facing the bird and watched its greeting. He gently bowed back, "Greetings fellow feathered one, and a glorious day isn't it?" He chirped in bird song. He hoped the raven knew the language of bird song, not every bird did.
Remus quickly shook off a new layer of snow that had taken rest on his feathers. This was the perfect time of the year for being a snowy owl, while other birds would struggle at this time of year, Remus felt the most comfortable in the icy cold winter.
He looked back at the raven, by listening close to its greeting he guessed the raven to be female. She didn't look as comfortable as he was in the winter snow. He hoped she didn't return to her home because of the cold, he enjoyed company.
Remus Clawing
Player

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Corvus Daylighter on January 2nd, 2012, 4:04 am

Corvus Daylighter
Corvus bobbed her head up and down in an attempt to circulate her blood flow and warm her body, already feeling her dormant state becoming frozen, her bare claws throbbing as they came in contact with the snow. She shook her talons to stimulate them. "It's beautiful, I'll give you that much," she responded to him, turning her gaze so she could observe him. He was impressive, that much was obvious. From the white of his feathers to the calm, collected reasoning in his eyes, she interpreted he was fully in control and completely in his element. Next to him in his peace and serenity, she felt like a fish out of water. Shifting her weight and ruffling her feathers every other moment, she imagined how silly she would've looked to him.

Despite her discomfort, she had no desire to leave her perch. A week after asserting her temporary residence in Lhavit, she still wasn't used to the seemingly supernatural city and its plethora of varied citizens. The odd, unexplainable shimmer of the buildings and the way everyone seemed to transform as the sun set and the moon rose, and vice versa. It was all very surreal to Corvus, and the twisting in the pit of her stomach only made her excited for each passing minute of the day. She turned to her new acquaintance with appreciation in her eyes, though her body language gave the false impression of fear. "You certainly seem to be at ease in this cold. May I ask your name, friend?"
Corvus Daylighter
Player

Character sheet

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Remus Clawing on January 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

OCC-Sorry this took a while, but I've been away for a week and had trouble with my internet connection.

Remus smiled as the raven bobbed up and down to keep warm. It confused him slightly, but he had never needed to keep warm, so he guessed it was a method of warming up. He was happy that the raven asked for his name, it showed that she wasn't nervous talking to another bird. "My name is Remus." He said with a slight bow of his head, "I know the cold blocks some of the snows beauty, but in warm feathers and a full stomach, weather like this is a welcome to adventure."
He shuffled closer to the raven, "May I ask for your name?" He asked softly. He was glad that the raven was friendly, on a day of beauty like this day; he didn't want to meet others with aggression. He hoped the raven wouldn't leave soon; I could get lonely being a lone Kelvic such as himself.
Remus Clawing
Player

Winter's Approach (Open)

Postby Corvus Daylighter on January 16th, 2012, 1:00 am

Corvus Daylighter
As cold swept through Corvus' veins, she felt her heartbeat increase and her circulation regulate her body temperature. The afternoon sun sent a slightly golden glow over the houses, its rays causing a vague shimmer amongst the buildings. "Remus," she repeated, turning the word over in her head as she gazed at the owl. Yes, indeed, he looked like a Remus. She found herself curious as to what he looked like in his human form, and briefly hoped he was dominantly human so she may get a peek. "Well, Remus, you may be suited for the cold with your many layers of feathers, but I am suited for sleep in such climates, especially so high up. You're very lucky I appreciate your conversation, else I'd be turning tail and heading for bed covers."

Turning her eyes to her perch, she noticed about a foot away her salvation: a broken ray of sunlight pouring onto the house's roof, no shadow intercepting it. Her muscles tensing with excitement, she hopped toward the beam of sunlight, receiving almost instant satisfaction once the wind had calmed. She blinked and savoured the ray's warmth, suddenly craving a hot bath. She swivelled her head around to make eye contact with her new friend. "My name is Corvus," she cawed with pride, bowing her head low in a dramatic introduction. "Delightfully charmed to make your acquaintance."
Corvus Daylighter
Player

Character sheet