Travelling questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Travelling questions

Postby Fornax on January 5th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Is it possible to reach Denval's harbor during winter?

How long would it take to get there from Lhavit and would my character have to leave mid fall or earlier to arrive before mid winter?

And in general, are there any pointers as to what are the distances when it comes to travelling between two cities? If so, could you point me to any of them?

Thank you.
Fornax
Player

Words: 17631
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2012, 2:23 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Travelling questions

Postby Avari on January 5th, 2012, 9:44 pm

I don't know enough about Kalea to answer your first two questions, but for pointers on distances between cities, the Distance Chart might be handy. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain either Lhavit or Denval, and the numbers it gives are straight-line distances that might not take into account things like impassable mountains, water, or other difficult terrain. But at least it gives some idea of traveling between two cities. Hope that helps!

Avari

"Everyone wants something... And when you know what a man wants you know who he is, and how to move him." - George R. R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
Avari
Insightful trickster

Words: 296184
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Travelling questions

Postby Fornax on January 5th, 2012, 9:56 pm

You have been very helpful indeed, thank you.
Fornax
Player

Words: 17631
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2012, 2:23 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet