[Flashback] Birds of a Feather (Lucy)

Young Lucy and Oluse fill a day with adventure.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Oluse on January 7th, 2012, 5:16 pm

He gave a half hearted smile. It wasn't easy realizing how heartless your own people could be. But, he did understand what she meant. People could be so cruel and pointless sometimes, and he knew about this more than anybody, getting to see first hand some of results of senseless violence getting treated by his family.

His mind wondered slightly, and he knew what he wanted to ask, but wasn't sure how to say it. "Um.... so Lucy. You can turn into an eagle?" His eyes shifted slightly, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You know I've never played that game, where you throw stones at birds." He finally, in his moment of self consciousness, realized his mistake by bringing the game up in conversation with a bird! Despite his apology, he knew a real Denval man would probably stop them from doing such a cruel thing, but he wasn't brave enough for that. He thought about how much he wanted to be brave. And that was why he decided to ask outright, and say exactly what he was thinking instead of skirting around the question.

"Lucy I want to see you change into a bird." He felt really guilty asking such an invasive question, but he hadn't really taken the time to try to make it sound tactful. If there really was a way to tactfully ask somebody to turn into a bird in front of you.

Secret :
lol kids are so spontaneous and random when they talk! He was so cute when he was twelve XD

(guess he hasn't changed that much since then... he needs more rhetoric skill lol)

Hey Luze do you know how to make those nifty OOC tags?
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lucy on January 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm

She couldn't help but smile at him. Maybe somebody else would think that was rude or that he wasn't thinking about her feelings, but when he said he never played that game it sounded so... childish? Like trying to escape every guilt he might had. And, as she expected, he wanted to see her eagle form. She already had answer prepared, but she wasn't sure how will he accept it.

"I could show you, but I can't do it here. It's just forbidden, my parents told I must be hidden. That's why I'm heading to wilderness. You can come if you want.", she smiled again, and slowly and impatiently moved her left feet a little backward, wanting to go to the forest. It seemed like it made the distance between two kids much longer, but it just underlined her offer. Come or stay. She probably wouldn't leave anyway, but at some point he'll probably tell her to do it, she can't surpass showing her wish to morph right here and now. Or, in fact, in the forest, but still right now.

OOC :
Yeah, I know, if you mean the thing I just did, you just need to write:
Code: Select all
[spoiler=OOC][/spoiler]

Or anything you want it to show. (I mean if you want it to be Oluse for example, you just write spoiler=Oluse instead of what I wrote there).
Lucy
No need to teach an eagle to fly

Words: 48734
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Oluse on January 8th, 2012, 2:21 am

The ultimatum worried him. Like some deceptively adorable siren the girls tempted him into the forbidden forest. The forest was well beyond his desires. He wanted to be a bit naughty, by shrugging off his work, but he didn't want to imagine the trouble he would be in had he got caught this close to the forest, let alone inside!

Still, Oluse had never been one to back down from adventure before, and he did have a Kelvic with him after all. She had said herself that she had a wanting to protect humans. This was all the justification the young boy needed. "Ok. Lets go." He nodded with a certain fire of determination in his eyes, and took the triumphant step past the first tree, not bothering to give a single glance of caution back to the Denval limits.

Soon the trees obscured Denval completely, and the incline of the hill sloped to a flat, at which point the trees broke into the first clearing. He had been here before, with adults. The experience was completely different without supervision though! He was thrilled, and his sense of dread dissipated into the fresh and salty spring air. He tasted freedom on his tongue, and felt the beating drum of exploration in his heart.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lucy on January 9th, 2012, 12:25 pm

By every step deeper to the forest she felt like she is leaving a heavy burden behind her. Suddenly the boy walking beside her became part of that burden, so when they were completely covered by shadows of the threes she decided to make some use of him. She stopped walking and turned around to a boy.

"So, now, you wanted to see me morph, didn't you? Are you going with me after that? If you do, then I'd like you to pick my clothes and bring them with you, so I can morph back into human if I want to. Deal?", her voice wasn't cold like it would probably sound, she tried to make a little excited voice, because of Oluse, but it was friendly, in fact.
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Oluse on January 9th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Oluse raised an eyebrow curiously. "Oh, yeah ok." He thought it was odd she couldn't change with her clothes, and imagined that must be quite annoying at times. "Yeah, of course, I'll carry your clothes." He gave a friendly smile.

He shifted from one foot to another excitedly. He wondered if it would be painful for her, if it would be flashy with bright lights, or gradual. He wondered how long it would take her to change. He would be a little disappointing if it was just instant, but that would still be impressive.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lucy on January 9th, 2012, 1:05 pm

He seemed a little surprised when she mentioned clothes. He couldn't even imagine what Klevics were going trough for that. It's not a problem for those who live on one place, but for nomads it's annoying as hell. Every time they come to new city they search for Klevics or friendly humans who'd buy them clothes or sometimes they steal it. After he promised to carry it she smiled mysteriously and started to morph, a little slower then usually, so he could see it. She was becoming smaller and smaller, her hands grew to wings, and her legs shrank, feather grew from her skin and she became beautiful pure white eagle, looking at the boy from the ground.
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Oluse on January 9th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Enthralled, Oluse stared rudely in complete awe of the transformation. The young girl who had moments before been in front of him was not a bird! A young eagle, purity of white opal. He had never seen an eagle this close, and certainly not one that could be a little girl!

"That was amazing!" He finally exclaimed, perhaps a bit louder than he intended to. He couldn't believe his eyes. He wanted to touch her, so he decided to ask, any inhibitions he may have had about his own boldness completely overshadowed by fascination.

"Can you still understand me? Can I touch you?" He took a step closer, hesitantly, as if she might become feral and bite him at any moment. He had full intention of reaching out and stroking her feathery exterior, and feeling those strong wings, if she didn't do something to deter him.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lucy on January 9th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Oluse was completely amazed. He wanted to touch her. She was a bit angry for that, he acted like she was a example of some weird race, he didn't show any respect to her. But she didn't do anything about that, she tried to move her eagle head to give him a sign he might do so. She hoped he'll get it before her wish to fly surpass everything else. She was finally an eagle again. Instead of Oluse every single little bug and other things crawling around her got her full attention, as her eye caught every their move. She saw almost as well as eagle in human form too, only difference was that she didn't pay attention. She lift some sound which would be sigh in human form and turned back to boy.
Lucy

Character sheet

Postby Oluse on January 9th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Very carefully, with a hesitant motion, Oluses finger tips grazed again the feathers. A pure childish smile engulfed his young face at the sensation. The texture amazed Oluse, and caused his breath to catch. His large eyes reflected in high detail every slope and turn of her body as he stared longingly at her. "You are amazing..." He finally said quietly, taking a breath.

Following his first very slow stroke he moved his palm up to Lucy's head, as if she were a dog, and ran one finger along the top of her pure snow white heads, along the line of her neck, and back across the ridge of her delicate back. Finally as he reached her tail, he reached a few fingers under her tail feathers, and pulled his hand up, reveling in the sensation of the tips of the feathers brushing across his sensitive skin.

He had truly forgotten himself, as he kneel crouched beside the girl. Or more accurately, he completely forgot Lucy. The girl he had seen only moments before was far from his mind, as he ran his stained fingers along the majestic animal before him. He would have never explored Lucy in this way, had she still been in her previous form, but such thoughts did not cross Oluses young mind, he only knew that there was an amazing creature before him, and she was allowing him to discover her, to take her into his mind, to hold there forever. This profound experience lulled him into a state of almost no awareness of any practical thoughts that may surround the situation. This included the clothes, which he still hadn't thought to pick up.
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lucy on January 10th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Lucy felt great when boy told her she was amazing and she liked the feeling of being admired that much, so she left boys fingers cuddle her feather, but after few seconds she felt uncomfortable, and after some more she felt like she's in danger. Sudden adrenalin confused her and she let angry sound out. Her wings were flapping and she took few steps backwards looking at the boy. She thought of attacking him, but she just flied up to the tree still watching him carefully.
Lucy

Character sheet

PreviousNext