Blight Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Blight Questions

Postby Wrenmae on January 7th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I just have two.

The first is about leeching. It suggests that the user, by virtue of becoming weaker, will contract more illnesses. My question is that if the Blight makes them MORE healthy and denies them sickness, how will this play out? Will the Blight gnosis mitigate the weakening effect at lower levels but eventually be beaten back by the overt use of the poisoned practice? Would it be that the body will get weaker and more frail but the immunity to illness would remain?

My second question is about the Blight at higher levels. At the third and fourth level (Admittedly far out of my reach) Would threading with the Blighted kill their character by virtue of the gnosis strength?

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Blight Questions

Postby Gossamer on January 7th, 2012, 8:57 pm

First off...

Blight doesn't make someone 'more healthy' it simply just doesn't effect the person who carries the mark like it does everyone else around them making them appear more healthy in context. Blight as a gnosis will not negate any negative effects of poison and a Blight holder can still get a cold for example, but they won't then have it turn into a full blown bronchitis and then maybe pneumonia like say a simple common cold would be for a traveling partner with a blighted individual. This also makes the blighted person suck as a horse or pet owner. Their animals will invariably sicken and die in their presence eventually if exposed long enough.. just like people will.

Having any exposure to a blighted character is going to have a negative effect on a person. It would be the same effect for a first marked in the presence as a forth marked. The difference is the influence and scope of what the blighted person effects when they are around. You get stronger range with a higher rank and thus affect a lot more people a lot faster. Close in, its not much difference. It sucks. Blighted people don't make close friends for obvious reasons unless they are with other blighted folks.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Blight Questions

Postby Wrenmae on January 7th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Thank you, Jen, I appreciate the feedback.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)