Waiting for a sign(Thread Complete/RP finished)

Drykas warrior waiting for anyone to come along

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Scratch on January 9th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Scratch groaned. Were men really this hopeless? She was debating giving up and leaving them for dead. But no, they still had one possible use. "Go. To. Riverfall. You are not cut out for the wilds; you're far too trusting. The city will suit you much better, and Riverfall is quite close. And maybe while you're there, you drop in at the tavern for a drink and we can reminisce about old times."

If they didn't go for the only safe and sane option, Scratch was just going to have to abandon them their fate and head back on her own. The last thing she needed were a few idiots to babysit.
Scratch
Player

Words: 17731
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Emersyn on January 10th, 2012, 1:16 am

The girl shot a glance toward Tion with a frown. "Emersyn," she said, standing to her full height. She was a bit surprised at herself for using her real name, but realized it didn't really matter. Nobody knew who she was anyway. Maybe it was time to start making a name for herself.

She debated a moment before answering his second question, wondering whether or not she should tell the truth. Maybe these men would help her after all...
"My mom and dad lived by Riverfall. We kind of moved a lot though." She tried to bend the truth in order to make her seemed more civilized. As Scratch spoke up, she decided to not answer his last question, as she did not know how. What was she doing in the wild? Trying to get out of the wild. Though she had survival skills and was guided by heightened instincts, she knew very little about navigation, thus leading her to be lost for what she assumed was a couple of weeks on her own. Beforehand, her mother and father always knew where they were going. They never needed maps or compasses. Only the sky, and telltale signs on trees, which they had shown her at one point, but very little of it.

The allure of meat caught her senses and she fixed her eyes on what the others were eating. How had they caught anything? She'd not found any sign of life during the day, and in the night, creatures tore up her makeshift snares.

Wrapping an arm around her torso, she bit her lip, frustrated that she needed something. She did not ask, however, hoping that she might be able to take some on her own.
Emersyn
The Haunted Orphan

Words: 5328
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2012, 10:58 pm
Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Desmus Marrudius on January 10th, 2012, 3:36 am

Desmus thought of the offer that lie in front of him, but the decision was not an easy one to make. Desmus had never been out of the plains that were his home and he worried he would lose himself to the ways of the outlanders. He also had these people that he has now found himself surrounded by. Tion was on the run from some unknown attacker and Emersyn the young girl was helpless and alone so he could not leave her, and he could not possibly let the Zith have her.

Desmus thought it over again and again in his mind before turning towards Tion and the little girl. "Tion what do you think should we go or stay"
"I watched as the lamb opened the fourth of the seven seals and I heard the fourth of the living beasts say in a voice like thunder come and see, and I saw and behold a pale horse and he sat on him was death and behind him, hell followed" - Revelations 6:8
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Words: 29640
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2012, 8:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Tion on January 10th, 2012, 5:37 am

"Tion what do you think should we go or stay"

Tion scratched his head at the question. For days now he had only been trying to reach a safe place were he could rest up at. "Riverfall", he had heard about the city but could they trust the Zith to take them there? It could turn out to be a trap and with only one horse and three people, a child as well of all things!, they would be in quite the pinch. But then again, there was a chance that his pursuers were still after him... or even if they were not, some beast of prey that roam the wild might be after him.

Tion let's out a quiet sigh "I guess Riverfall would be the best option right now..." Tion take a quick glance on Emersyn before looking at Desmus again "...with the circumstances being as they are." Tion was not cold-hearted enough to leave a child alone in the wild no matter his worn out condition. He handed some of the food and a waterskin to the child, if Scratch told the truth about them being only a few days from Riverfall her parents might be there as well. "Do you know how to find the way to Riverfall Desmus?" Tion ask as he help himself to some of the food. The dried meat and stale bread had no flavor at all and with a grimace he reached for the waterskin with booze and took a gulp of... water? With a shock Tion looked first at the waterskin then at the child. "Hey wait! Don't drink that!"
Tion
Hunter

Words: 7560
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Scratch on January 10th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Scratch was about to completely give up on the humans. They were asking each other where Riverfall was, when they had a resident of that very city who wanted nothing more than to take them there (well, maybe she wanted to eat them more, but she'd decided not to do that). She was tempted to leave them to their fate, but she would give them one more chance. Maybe two. Definitely no more than two.

"Riverfall is that way," she said in an exasperated tone, pointing west, in the exact opposite direction of the still-rising sun. They were still eating, so they probably weren't ready to move immediately, but a few more minutes of this nonsense and she was going to head home, and they could decide on their own whether or not to follow her.
Scratch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Desmus Marrudius on January 10th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Desmus didn't know his true feelings of this matter. He wanted to see this "Riverfall" but he wanted to remain in his native home as well. Tion had said he was qwilling to go and it was clearly safer for the child in the city than in the plains. He had been waiting for a sign for nearly a year of what he needed to do, or what would become his destiny. His blood began to boil at the thought of charging into battle with the name of his family following him.

"Scratch, tell me one last thing first. If I travel with you to this city will there be people who travel many lands"

Desmus heart skipped a beat at the thought of being able to find the ones that destroyed his people.
"I watched as the lamb opened the fourth of the seven seals and I heard the fourth of the living beasts say in a voice like thunder come and see, and I saw and behold a pale horse and he sat on him was death and behind him, hell followed" - Revelations 6:8
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Scratch on January 10th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Scratch raised an eyebrow. "It's possible," she began, unsure of exactly what he was looking for. "Many traders come from the Suvan Sea and farther places. Generally anyone who travels will stop in the city, as they ARE the safest places on Mizahar. If you want to find people, you'd have a better chance in a city than searching the entirety of the plains." She spoke slowly, as if explaining the obvious to a newborn child. Unless you're looking for Zith, she thought, but if any of these humans were looking for Zith, they were looking for death, so that was a moot point.
Scratch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Desmus Marrudius on January 10th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Desmus understood what Scratch spoke. It was true that unless the Drykas were traveling together as a family then intelligent life was scarce on the plains. Desmus worried at first that Scratch would try the to betray them once they left safety of the camp that Scratch? Oils try to betray them, but this thought left his mind as the thought of him killing the last Zith that tried to take his life. It was a male that killed many Striders. Before he was silenced he took the life of three Drykas warriors before Desmus took his head with the very sword he carried.

"Scratch, after i pack my camp then I will acompany you to Riverfall if you will have me"
Desmus Marrudius
Patriarch

Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Emersyn on January 10th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Reaching to take the wineskin, then dropping it as Tion shouted, Emersyn flinched away from him, allowing it to fall to the ground. She quickly jumped to pick it up before it spilled more than it had already, then set it back beside him, scurrying away. His tone of voice beckoned her to flee, though she knew he would not harm her. However, she hid behind Desmus, still eyeing the breakfast until Scratch's voice caught her attention.

Emersyn's eyes darted back and forth between the adults. As the conversation carried forth, her expression grew more and more interested. Riverfall was a city that she'd visited many times in the past. She was familiar with the general culture and layout, and knew a few places to camp out away from prying eyes. There, she would be safe, and not need to attach herself to wanderers like these.

As Scratch pointed West, Emersyn glanced in that direction, frowning. She could have sworn that, when traveling toward the city, the would go toward the sunrise. But, she inwardly corrected herself, addressing the fact that her recollection of navigating had never been anything but flawed. So, though she did not trust Scratch, she assumed that she herself was mistaken.
Emersyn
The Haunted Orphan

Words: 5328
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2012, 10:58 pm
Character sheet

Waiting for a sign(Open)

Postby Scratch on January 10th, 2012, 11:59 pm

"I can't wait," Scratch muttered under her breath with no small amount of sarcasm. With that she sat down and laid on her back in the grass with her hands behind her head, waiting for the slow humans to be ready to leave.
Scratch
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext