The Alliance (Micah)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Alliance (Micah)

Postby Xnnn on February 1st, 2012, 4:19 pm

Xnnn saw the look of dismay wash over Micah, and knew somehow he was part of the man’s unhappiness. Even his words were conflicted – and it was clear to the kelvic that his new acquaintance was caught in some trap that he could not see his way out of – a trap that Micah obviously did not think the kelvic could help him escape. What that trap could possibly be, Xnnn did not bother to speculate. He thought in a very concrete, linear fashion, and wasn’t well practiced in the arts of tact or subtly. Micah offered him food. He would offer Micah what little he had in return.

“Thank you. I haven’t been able to find food here, not like in Sunberth. If I eat, I can shift, and if you have need of it, I can keep you safe. If you are afraid – of the long robes. They have weapons, but so do I. Maybe there is a way for me to get these papers, Grayson. If I go back to the place of the meat carvers, maybe I can do that work and get fed in return, then you can have your food for yourself. You look sick, and weak. You need to eat too.” He glanced around the bare, little room. “And it is cold in here – I can give you heat. I can keep you warm.”

His gaze turned back to the young man who seemed so . . . lost. As lost as he was.

“If you like. Or I can go, but I don’t wish to. I’d prefer to stay, with you.”

Xnnn
shadow cat

Words: 76985
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

The Alliance (Micah)

Postby Micah on February 5th, 2012, 4:30 am

Micah ran a hand back through his hair, heaving a great sigh as he tried to consider. It was too much to think about all at once, this concept of an alliance of sorts between them. It was a lot of responsibility, and dangerous responsibility at that. But, he wouldn't be alone with his fears anymore. The idea of having an extra pair of eyes and, apparently, claws trying to keep him safe was hardly one to scoff at.

"I can't stay," he replied, despite the bone deep weariness he felt. "I've got to get to the forge. But... but I'll be back, tonight."

Was it an invitation? Micah himself wasn't sure. Perhaps the skin changer himself might solve this dilemma for him. After all, if the cat simply never came back, he could but mourn that small offer of protection and move on. If he did come back? Well, then they'd face the danger together, he supposed.

"You should... you must be careful, Achym. You cannot let others see you change. Your kind are not common here, and carefully controlled. You'll have to blend in as a man. Can you manage?"
Micah
Player

Words: 8142
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Race: Human

The Alliance (Micah)

Postby Xnnn on February 7th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Xnnn considered Micah’s words, as carefully as he could. Finally he nodded.

“I will remain as I am, for now. I will return to the place of meat. I will ask if they will let me have the parts they throw away – I saw it. They take what they do not want and put it in carts and take it away. Maybe they will let me do that. Maybe they will not care what I do with some of it. If I eat it, then you can have the food here.” He wasn’t exactly sure where Grayson’s food came from, but he had no question that the boy was telling the truth, for he generally thought that of most people. Lying was not something that came naturally to the kelvic, so he assumed the same was true for others as well.

He nodded as if this decided things. “When you come back from the forge, I will be here.” Stepping closer to the young man, he put his arms around him – a hug, of a kind – such as Elymas had given him, frequently, during the short time they had been together. His mother too had done such a thing, when he was little - and more recently, the captain, though that was an odd sort of hug, with painful results. But It was a human sign of comradery, and caring. He knew this.

“I will be here.” He repeated, then walked to the door and was through it and gone, off on his potentially suicide mission of trying to obtain a job in a city such as Nyka.

Xnnn
shadow cat

Words: 76985
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Previous