Nyea Delaisse

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Nyea Delaisse

Postby Nyea Delaisse on January 29th, 2012, 11:55 am

Basic Information

Race:Ethaefal, Daughter of Leth
Daylight form: Vantha
Day of Descent: 21st Day of Autumn, 480 AV

Languages

Language 1: Fluent - Vani
Language 2: Basic - Common
Language 3: Poor - Lhavitian

Physical Description: When Syna rules, Nyea takes her daylight form; that of a Vantha. She has the body of a dancer, is supple of skin and slender of build, with generously endowed curves and long, toned limbs. Standing at 5'6" she is tall for a Vantha, with tawny golden brown skin that possess a strange, opalescent glow, even during the day. Her brown-black hair is long and silky, falling across her shoulders in a tumble of waves that shimmer peacock blue and emerald green when struck by Syna's light. Her hair would evoke images of crows feathers and is often worn partially braided to keep it out of her eyes. Her eyes are that of a Vantha; always changing, never the same, flickering from one colour to the next like a burning flame. But her beauty is in the grace of her movements and how she walks. She moves as a dancer, mesmerising all those who cross her path. But she is easily forgotten. Apart from her smile.

A rare thing, Nyea's smile is dazzling. It is the sort that lifts the heart and sets a warm glow burning in the chest, that forces those subjected to it to smile back. It lights up her face, sets her eyes twinkling. Her smile makes her truly beautiful. And it is the one thing about her that is impossible to forget. It lingers, never truly leaving you. One may forget her voice, her smell, her touch, but one can never forget her smile.

When Leth ascends, Nyea's beauty slips from that of a young maiden into that of a creature to heavenly beautiful to belong to an earthly world. Her hair lightens to waves of shimmering silver that cascade about her shoulders like captured moonlight. Violet horns curve around her head, stemming seamlessly from her temples. Her skin seems to glow with an ethereal light when in the presence of Leth. Her movements become more graceful, as if each step is part of some intricately woven dance. And her eyes burn the metallic silver-white of shooting stars. She becomes a creature of divine birth. Only the child of a god could possess such inhuman grace, such ethereal beauty. Only the child of a god could hypnotise with a glance, spellbind with a touch.

Her two forms are startlingly different, so much so that one could easily mistake them for two different people. But in their sheer difference, they complete each other. They become whole.

Character Concept: Nyea is a person trying to be happy in a world full of sorrow. She is rather sensitive and tends to take things to heart, but all of her emotions are hidden behind a mask, underneath which she is weeping. She loves and hates the world she has found herself in as she loves and hates herself. She was subjected to harsh verbal and physical abuse in her time as a creature of the night, it hardened her. To a point.
She keeps her emotions under tight rein, the only clue is her eyes, but even they are deceiving. She has become very introverted, hiding a warm and compassionate person with a cold and uncaring exterior

Character History: Nyea was "born" for want of a better word, into this world by the sea. Being calm of mind and quick of wit, she realised her predicament and swam to shore, willing her clumsy earthen limbs to do as she bid. When she reached land in her Ethaedal form, she found herself standing on the shores of Lhavit. She fell to her knees and wept for that which she had lost. It was in the morne that she was happened upon by a human astronomer by the name of Balthazar, who took her in and cared for what he thought was a young girl plagued by misfortune. But it soon became evident that Nyea was not all that she appeared. She left to wander the streets of Lhavit by night, sleeping and eating during the day. He called her the Wandering Insomniac, for when she did sleep, it was only for a few hours. The rest of her time she spent reading or teaching herself to dance.

It was almost fifteen years ago, when she returned at dawn from her nightly wanderings, that she found he had vanished. Gone. As if he had never existed in the first place. So she took what little she owned and she left the beauty of Lhavit to wander, no particular path in place. Somehow, she found herself in Alvadas, the City of Illusions. It was there that she first fell victim to the darkness, becoming a despised creature of the night. She became a victim of taunts and insult, and abuse both verbal and physical. It left her broken and added more layers to her mask. She escaped as soon as she was able, harbouring a hatred for those who think themselves better than she. She is currently a street dancer, whose favourite hobby is dancing in the rain.

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore):

Skills:
Dance: 14 (sp)
Seduction: 26 (sp)
Stealth:10 (sp)
Astronomy: 10 (RB)

Lores:
Lhavitian Geography.
Escaping an Unpleasant Profession.

Equipment and Possessions:
~1 Set of Clothing; a grey corset with black lace trimmings and loose sleeves encircling her shoulders, a blue skirt formed of many layers of skirt formed of many layers of sheer chiffon of varying lengths and widths, they are feather-light and ripple with the wind. Stretching from her wrists to halfway down her forearms are sleeves of many layers of interwoven black ribbons. They conceal six inch long blades, wrist knives for self-defence. She also carries a pair of blue silk dancing shoes that she tends to keep for indoor use.
~1 Waterskin
~1 Backpack which contains:
~1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
~Food for a week or 1 bottle of embalming fluid (for Nuits)
~1 eating knife
~Flint & Steel
~A medieval astronomical clock (heirloom)
~Ribbon daggers
~Wrist Knives
~Iron fan

Ledger:

100gm (sp)
+500gm (property cash-in) (600gm)
-3gm (Ribbon Daggers x3) (597gm)
-2gm (Knife, Wrist x2) (595gm)
-25gm (Iron fan) (570gm)

Thread List: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic17978.html
Last edited by Nyea Delaisse on February 14th, 2012, 7:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nyea Delaisse
Wandering Insomniac

Words: 16898
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Nyea Delaisse

Postby Nyea Delaisse on January 29th, 2012, 6:07 pm

Interview with a Dancer

General Information :
1. What is your Name? My divine name cannot be said in this tongue, but the name I took after my descent is Nyea Delaisse.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, simply Nyea.
3. How old are you? I have dwelled upon Mizahar for 31 years. Physically I am between the ages of 17 and 19. I assume I was around that age when I passed from this world into the hands of Leth.
4. What is your height? 5'6"
5. What is your weight? 125lb

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A shadow of my former self. Beautiful...in a way. Kind-hearted on the inside, but I tend to hide that.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Filthy, vermin. Degraded. A despised whore. I am looked down upon by most, if not all.
3. What is your favorite body feature? My legs. Without them, I couldn't dance!
4. How physically fit are you? Very. Dancing daily tends to keep your fitness in check.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? My attire tends to draw attention to my body, but it's not particularly revealing, like some dancers I could name. I like dark colours, blacks and purples and blues. I'm also a fan of silk, chiffon and lace. I suppose my style is that of a typical dancer, there is nothing particularly unique about it. Save my love of ribbons. I wear them around my ankles, elbows, upper arms and they adorn my corset and skirts.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I...I can't remember. The mand who cared for me for fifteen years after my descent was an astronomer named Balthazar. He was a kind, intellectual man with a great love for the stars.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I don't know.
3. What is your extended family like? Don't have any.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I have very little experience with either so I wouldn't really know..
5. Do you treat animals like family? I'm not usually in the company of animals.

1. Where were you born? Well, "born" could be taken different ways. I fell to the coast of Lhavit. As for where I was originally born, it escapes me.
2. Where do you live now? Alvadas.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? My heart is torn between the City of Illusions and the Star of Kalea.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Anytwhere when it's raining. Rooftops where I can gaze at the stars. The sea.
5. Where do you fear to be? Trapped in a small, dark hole from where there is no escape and only a limited supply of air.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Not that I am aware of.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common and Vani. I have a smooth voice, I guess. Like oiled glass. Although in winter it tends to become a bit husky.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I often crack my joints and constantly play with my hair. Oh and I bite my lip. A lot.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I have none, but I would love a tattoo on my back. Or my legs, or anywhere really. Maybe even more than one!

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Street dancer, occasional thief if the money's good enough.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? Yes. It provides me with a good outlet for my emotions and because it requires such poise and concentration, it helps clear my mind.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I haven't a clue!
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Those who wield blades. The dedication it takes to master a blade simply awes me.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? Prostitution. No comment.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Dunno.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? That question is a tad redundant.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? So's that one.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I don't know.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Probably my mother, if I had one.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Balthazar taught me about the stars and the constellations and of how to work different astronomical instruments.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy learning new skills, yes.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Balthazar. And books.
4. How do you learn best? Repetition.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Oh by the light..I've no idea.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. I have trust issues.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No. I've developed a hatred for men and people in general. It's credited to the verbal and physical abuse I suffered when I worked as a courtesan.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I swing both ways, I guess, although I'm more partial to men, much to my displeasure. Arrogant bastards, the lot of them.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes. But not with any emotion, or love.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I worked as a courtesan for twelve years, what do you think? No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Yes. Alcohol made it...easier to do what I did. Once again, I'll withold details.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Not really. As much as I love wine, it brings back bad memories.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Wine. For in wine, there is truth.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Not to my knowledge. I smoke occasionally, does that count?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. They're an unavoidable part of the darker side of life.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Dancing, reading, walking in the rain.
2. Do you like to read? Yes!
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Arrogance. Pride. Those who look down their nose at you when they have never even spoken to you.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Dancing. Swimming.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Blushing! I can't stand it! And it happens all the time!

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Black and any shade of blue or purple. Some greens.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Twilight.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The sun setting on the sea when the first stars dapple the sky.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Ehh...whatever's available. Bread, potatoes, meat, vegetables etc
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? The rain. I absolutely love the rain. And none that I've encountered, no.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Pessimistic, loathe as I am to admit it.
2. What are your religious views? I am a Daughter of Leth and so have great respect for him and all the other gods.
3. Would you be able to kill? Yes.
4. What are your views on sex? *sighs* It was once the purest way to show true love. Now...now it is nothing. Men are driven by animal instinct. They sate their lust. All it is now is lust, not love.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Happiness. Love. Companionship. Walks in the rain. Sorry I'm getting sentimental now. *giggles*

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The answer to both is the same; I left Lhavit.
2. What is your greatest regret? Letting myself get sucked into the dark underbelly of Alvadas.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Best? The day I knew I was free. Worst? The first-the first night I-I.. *shudders* ..Sold myself.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? I would never have set foot in that dark, disgusting place. If I hadn't, maybe I'd have hope.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Nothing. I have done nothing of note, nothing to be proud of.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Not very. I rarely speak to people, and when I do, it is always from behind the safety of a mask.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Many, although unlike many I see that and am aware of it. I'm very prejudiced toward men in particular, and it would take something very, very heroic/chivalrous/compassionate/insane to make me think otherwise.
3. What makes you happy? The rain. Walking. Dancing. Reading. Gazing at the stars.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? If I had children, then them. If there was someone I love, then them. But there isn't, and I have not enough love for people that I wold give my life for a stranger.
5. What makes you angry? *laughs* Lots of things. MEN! Especially the attractive ones. They grate my nerves more than I thought possible. Ehh...people who would use others for their own benefit. Prostitution. Arrogance. Pride. Yeah, the list goes on.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Not very well. I can be selfish at times, and I'm incredibly manipulative. I'm flawed, like everyone, but at least I admit it.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? This is going to sound incredibly self-absorbed but, me. There is no one else, so that only really leaves me.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? There isn't one.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. Hmm...ideal lover. Tall, well built, ehh..nice hair, bright eyes. Muscled arms. Emm...someone who'd walk in the rain with me. Someone who..would see through the mask, who'd see the person hidden inside. Someone who'd make me laugh! And..sweep me off my feet! *Laughs* Oh Leth, I really am a hopeless romantic!
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No. I find it hard to trust people, and would never trust anyone with my life.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I'm a social chameleon. I act as the people I'm with expect me to. Not only do I wear a mask, I wear interchangeable ones. If I'm required to be a flirtatious social butterfly, I will. If I'm required to be fiery and outgoing, I will. It depends on the situation, but I'm not quite sure to be honest. I try and avoid argument, but it doesn't always work.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? It all depends on the situation and the roles of others there.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? No, but I'm forced to. Being an entertainer I have to perform in front of an audience every day. You get used to it.
4. Do you care what others think of you? ..N-yes. I can be over-sensitive. I tend to take things to heart.
5. What do you think of others, in general? They're just any number of a pack of feral jackals.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My strength, I suppose.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I'm victim to my emotions, and wear my heart on my sleeve.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I'd be myself.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Slightly messy.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Leth. Ivak also fascinates me.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Rhysol
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Nope.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? Any, I'd like to think
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I...I don't know.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? The rain, and the sight of the stars.
2. What is the best part of life? The beauty of it all.
3. What is the best part of death? Being free of earthly worries.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Ehh..I don't know, in my sleep or something, I guess?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? For being a good person, not the whore people think I am.
Nyea Delaisse
Wandering Insomniac

Words: 16898
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2012, 11:33 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes