I don't belong here (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Daston on January 29th, 2012, 7:25 pm

( 512 Blue Watchstone day 57)

Daston sat down in what looked like a pile of packed snow in the shape of a low sitting chair or recliner. He had just finished making it, he was bored and a lot was on his mind, making things at least passed the time. He let himself slouch and lean on his right elbow with his head resting on his right fist. The poorly designed looking chair faced the ice wall gates about 100 yards away. People rarely traveled to Avanthal, so he would probably just get weird looks from locals. He couldn't help but stare at the glimmering gates on a day that it for once, not snowing. He had been procrastinating leaving the city for a long time, he worried what his parents would think of him, or his teachers and friends, to just get up and go without a word. He knew he couldn't tell them, they would stop him from leaving. In truth he wanted to see the rest of the world more than anything. It was not that he didn't like Avanthal, he just was tired of no longer being surprised by anything. He was to 'used' to the city. He needed a change of scenery. As he sat there he continued to think about the prospect of adventure that was just waiting for him beyond the gate.

He also considered the dangers of the outside world, but instead of frightening him they merely excited him more and made him want to go out and face those adversities and over come them. He did recognize that realistically a travelling companion would be nice, maybe someone who knew what they were doing. He wasn't one to go out of his way to find someone, and he couldn't just go around asking otherwise his parents would get word of it. If no random figure came into his life looking for a traveling companion this day he would leave the following morning before the sun came up, he was perfectly willing to go on his own. For now though, he stared expressionlessly at the gates and slouched deep in his own thoughts.
Daston
Player

Words: 14007
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2011, 4:46 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on January 30th, 2012, 12:31 am

Alea wrapped her cloak more tightly around herself as she headed toward the Icewall gates. For the next couple of days, she was planning to find one of the closer landmarks on her map of Taldera, as practice for when she an her friends would be travelling in the spring. The weather today seemed as good as it was ever going to be, and she hoped it would last until they got back. Being caught in a storm in the middle of winter in Taldera was the last thing they needed.

Behind Alea walked a huge Talderean stag, which earned several strange and amazed looks from various bystanders. Despite the fact that proximity to antlers that size would normally have her imagining the various grizzly deaths she would be subjected to if the creature got mad, Alea was perfectly at ease around her friend. She left her horse, cat, and money behind at her room in Frostfawn hold, carrying only her backpack with the necessities for a week or so of travel.

As they walked past the boy sitting in the chair of snow, Alea turned back to look at him curiously. She suddenly flashed back to the way she was not too long ago, sitting in Denval, longing to leave, plotting her escape. For some reason, this boy looked exactly the way she'd felt at that time. Against her better judgement, she walked back to the boy and said with an impish smile, "If you keep staring at the gates like that, people'll start to think you've never been through them before."
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Daston on January 30th, 2012, 12:46 am

Daston without moving his head glanced upward as girl approached him and made a remark. He smirked at her sarcastic but nearly spot on remard. "You might be closer to the truth than you think." He glanced over at the stag, it was a fairly magnificent beast, he didn't feel scared but was a bit intrigued. He didn't look at it long enough to show it though, it was more of a quick glance then he turned back to Alea. He figured he should introduce himself. "Name's Daston, I would offer you a seat, but you look like you don't plan on sticking around long enough for me to make you one." He said a bit sarcastically, remarking on the fact she walked by him with a probable purpose and just wanted to comment on his unusual mannerism and be on her way.
Daston
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on January 30th, 2012, 6:09 am

Alea smirked back, thinking that on any other day, she'd make a chair herself. She wasn't too shabby with the making of vague shapes in the snow, in her opinion. "Alea," she answered his introduction. "Alea Davenport. And this is Yuros," she added, sticking a thumb behind her at the huge stag. "We're leaving Avanthal in the spring, but we were going to try a brief journey before then, for practice." She hesitated to outright invite him along. Sure, he looked like he needed to get out of town, but it was a bit presumptuous to assume he'd want to join them for a brief camping trip.

After a brief but awkward pause, it occurred to Alea that being presumptuous had never stopped her before, so she said, "You look like you're not doing anything important. You should come with us. Getting to know someone new will make the trip more entertaining." She grinned and added, "Plus then I'll have someone to blame when things go wrong."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Yuros on January 30th, 2012, 6:38 am

Yuros stretched his neck high, enjoying the feel of sun on his fur. His antler's crowned his head in elegance, giving him an almost kingly appearance as he strode after Alea. The Huntress herself was a striking figure, a girl who had somehow managed to tamed such a large and wild beast could not be ignored. As the walked the Kelvic noticed many strange glances in their direction, but he paid them little mind unless they made an attempt to step closer. In which case he would huff and shake his great head, easily warding off any unwanted company.

The gates grew closer, and Yuros could smell the scent of the great beasts that guarded its entrance. For a moment the Kelvic felt the pounding in his chest increase as he caught wind of the Beasts of White, but his stay in the city of Avanthal had slowly seen him grow used to the massive creatures. Looking down Yuros caught site of a fawn, young and full of spirit. Blinking, Yuros changed his opinion, No... his scent is one of a stag who seeks his place in the herd...

Grunting a bit, examining the boy once more, Yuros made to pass him without further thought, but it seemed that the Huntress had other plans. Stopping suddenly as he felt the girls hand on his leg, Yuros turned his attention downward. It seemed that Alea had found an interest in the little one...

As Alea talked Yuros' great antlered head turned to look over Daston once more, taking in more of the boy. Leaning down the Kelvic sniffed his hair, blinking slowly, He smells of the city... of snow and ice...Of hearth and home long spent in this place... Blowing out a stream of white onto the boys head, Yuros leaned back up and looked down at Alea. Briefly the Kelvic wondered at the Huntress' interest in the young stag, but such thoughts quickly gave way to a realization that such human chatter could take some time. With a sigh Yuros lowered himself down, settling his great form onto the snow and resting his great head close to Alea, his eyes on Daston while the two legs finished their conversation.
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Daston on January 30th, 2012, 11:21 am

Daston expressionlessly stared at Yuros as he made noises and started sniffing Daston's hair. He didn't know how to react as it seemed to draw some kind of conclusion from sniffing his hair because it laid its head on the ground afterward, perhaps he accepted him as friendly to his master, but who knew. He turned his attention back to Alea. He managed to catch both their names despite the slight distraction from the mighty stag. Yuros was the stag, and Alea Devenport was the girl, he would try to remember that, though more than likely he'd forget her last name.

Alea mentioned leaving Avanthal in the spring, at first the idea was nothing short of irritating because he had waited long enough, the spring was so far away he wasn't sure he could wait that long, but it wasn't like he was in a position to be picky. Afterall he was just thinking to himself that if the opportunity came for companionship for the journey away from Avanthal he should take it, and here comes some weird girl who just happens to be leaving and decided to mention it to him. She also talked about going on a small journey before the official trip, one for practice. She straight out invited him, this was quite the coincidence. He thought for a moment. Should i really go with this girl to who knows where for however long just to practice camping and come back? He looked at the girl then at the stag and then at the blank space of air he was looking at before. Plus they are pretty weird, I can already tell this girl is some kind of animal freak... He looked at the town behind him. She's nice though, I think ill go... The thought of leaving town for a while even if it was just a weekend camping trip was a tempting thought and despite his better judgement wanted to join the strange girl. "You know what, I'll go, but only if Yuro doesn't sniff me like that again." He said sarcastically. He stood up from his chair. "Where will this mini journey of yours take us?"
Daston
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on February 1st, 2012, 6:08 am

Alea settled into the great stag's neck, holding onto on of his antlers for support. She shifted her pack up on her back so it wouldn't dig into him too much. "He's a stag. That's how he gets to know you. How else do you expect him to sniff you?" She grinned cheekily at the boy. "We're going to try to find one of the closer landmarks. Knowing how to find landmarks will be useful when we leave for real, unless you enjoy getting lost."

When he stood up, Alea looked Daston over and realized he did not appear to be carrying much. "Do you want us to wait here while you go pack? Unless you were planning to wander the wilderness with no tent, no bedroll, no food, no water..."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Daston on February 2nd, 2012, 8:18 am

OOCshould we maintain a posting order or does it not matter much? I wanted to post tonight because im not sure if ill be able to tommorow.

Daston watched as she got on the stag's back, he must have been well trained if he simply let her ride him like that. He smirked at her remark about the sniffing. He continued to sit until she finish talking. "Well first off," He got up to his feet. "If I would never get lost in the first place, because if I were to some how... find myself in an unfamiliar place with no clear direction to wear I should continue, then I would surely not be lost." He half smiled and put his hands in his pockets. "I would be classified as being on nothing short of adventure." He wondered if they were leaving that night, it was sudden but he didn't really care, the opportunity presented itself, he was going to take it. He was going to need to sneak into the hold and make sure his parent's didn't see him sneaking off his camping gear though. " and Uh, yeah, I have my stuff in the snowsong hold, I'll be back, do you want me to grab my horse?" He wasn't sure how long of a journey they would take to whatever landmark they were looking for.

He walked back to snowsong hold. Chances are his parents were not around since it was still day time, but he had to be sure so he entered and began casually walking around in the common rooms and other areas to see if he would bump into them. The coast seemed clear so he made his way toward his room. He took a peak into his parent's room, it appeared safe as far as he could tell. He went into his room and crouched by his bed. He pulled out a chest from under his bed and went through his clothes and got out a backpack and a sleeping roll. He went to his closet and took out the rest of his equipment. Daston put the backpack over his back and then peaked out of his room, coast was clear. He walked out and slowly closed the door and turned the handle to make the act quieter. Just as he was about to walk down the hall toward the exit his father was standing in front of him.

"Going some where?" His father asked.

Crap... Daston looked down for a split second and looked up at his father. "Geez you scared me, some guy from another music group invited me camping. I didn't want to but he was kind of a loser so i felt bad, ill be back later."

His dad smirked. "Okay son, have a good time."

Daston could tell he was suspicious but he continued and left the hold. He grabbed his frostmarch Lunan and brought her and the rest of his stuff to Alea and Yuros.
Last edited by Daston on February 3rd, 2012, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daston
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Yuros on February 2nd, 2012, 4:15 pm

OOCYeah Daston we want to try and keep it in order, but since I took so long to do this short reply I can't blame you haha. So from now on lets let the order be Daston, Alea, me and then Daston once again ok? Its easier for our RP (Alea and mine) if we go in that order so that Yuros can respond to what she does :)

The Kelvic flicked his ear in annoyance at Alea as she grabbed his antler. His large eye swiveled to look at the Huntress as she settled down in his fur, and Yuros adjusted himself to better accommodate his bonded. The Kelvic then turned his gaze on Daston once more, only half listening to what was being said as his mind drifted lazily into thoughts of the open spaces and cold wind through his fur...

As Daston mentioned his horse Yuros could not help a snort that sounded suspiciously like a chuckle. Inwardly the Kelvic was imagining the silly creature trying to keep up with his stride, trailing farther and farther behind as the ivory crowned creature pressed forward at increasing speeds. Yuros was amused with this for a moment longer until Daston got up to leave. He watched the boy move toward the two leg shelters, only assuming that Daston was off to get his things and the beast.

Turning his head to look at Alea, the Kelvic gave her a look that almost seemed to say, Are we really taking him?
Yuros
Player

Words: 68652
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alea Davenport on February 2nd, 2012, 11:56 pm

Alea chuckled at the look on Yuros' face and said, "What? He reminds me of me. I can't just leave him alone. Don't worry, I'll find a way to make sure you get a chance to run at full-speed." She knew well Yuros' opinion on horses, but she secretly believed that he just misinterpreted her own horse's antics as stupidity. She had faith that Yuros would get along with Lunar's horse just fine.

When Daston returned, she patted Yuros' neck, straddling his shoulders, and said, "Let's go. We've wasted enough time sitting around. We still have a long way to go before the sun sets. And I know you're going to say that we could travel faster without the company, but this way is more realistic. When we leave for real, we'll have a whole lot more people slowing us down, so you'd best get used to it now."

She turned and hailed Daston, and together they rode out of the gates of Avanthal and into the Wilderness.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next