[Stories in The Snow]Geography (Alea, Coren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Oluse on February 1st, 2012, 7:06 am

511 WN, 45

Oluse approached the Frostfawn hold, checking the stables first but getting redirected toward living quarters. He was substantially impressed by the place, and wondered how Alea had managed to get herself welcomed in one of the holds.After nearly ten minutes of asking around he finally found somebody to escourt him to her room. He had been rather surprised she wasn't better known around the hold. Oluse had always thought of her as a difficult person to miss.

Oluse thanked the man that helped him to the room, and knocked twice on the door. The knocks were soft and polite, though he could knock louder if she did not respond promptly.
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 3rd, 2012, 12:04 am

The door immediately swung open, and a fully dressed and impatient Alea was waiting for him. "Took you long enough. Did you sleep in or something? Let's go." She closed the door behind her and grabbed Oluse's wrist, dragging him along. She was, if possible, slightly more agitated than usual. They were going to the library, the one place to which she'd sworn she'd never return.

She was so preoccupied that she even forgot to attack Oluse by way of greeting. When they finally arrived in front of the Stories in the Snow, Alea stopped, unable to quite bring herself to enter of her own free will....
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Oluse on February 3rd, 2012, 10:59 am

Oluse yanked his wrist back as Alea grew to a halt, tenderly rubbing it. Then, he looked to Alea, and the door. Arching his brow he looked around, trying to figure out why she had stopped.

"Um, Alea." He said boldly. "You have to go into the library to the read the books. It's how these things work." He had to admit he had never actually seen her read before. It dawned on him perhaps she didn't know how! He chuckled to himself, stepping forward and opening the door for Alea. "Hurry, before you let all the heat out. And, what exactly are we doing here today anyway, Alea? And what do you need me here for? I don't quite get it."

ooclol contest to see who can make the shortest post anyone?
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Coren on February 6th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Coren had been absentmindedly leafing through a book as he was sitting behind the desk, it was one of those quiet periods in the library again with almost nothing to do. Coren didn't really mind it that much though, the less people that came here the less work he actually had to do and still get paid.

He looked up from his book as he heard the door of the library slowly creak open and a young boy stepped inside. Coren just closed his book and was about just to wait till the boy approached him to get the basic rundown on how the things worked here, as it was obvious he wasn't from avanthal, but when he mentioned the name alea. Coren couldn't help but suppress an annoyed groan before he stood up and walked over towards them, straightening out his back to try and look a little bit more intimidating.
“What do you want this time alea.” Coren said in a highly annoyed tone as he looked down on both of the young children. “No funny business with the library again I hope.

ooc: sorry late reply, massive writers block

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Oluse on February 6th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Oluse raised an eyebrow at first, but after hearing Coren's annoyed tone as he spoke Alea's name in that familiar way Oluse's surprise vanished. He gave a meek smile to Coren, knowing that he likely considered Oluse similar to Alea in whatever mischief she had pulled in his presence before. He wasn't all together unfamiliar with that, so he decided to just be quiet. He just turned his gaze to Alea with an unentertained expression and waited for her to attempt her smooth talking as usual. We really was interested, however. Oluse couldn't fathom how somebody could get in trouble in a library. Then Oluse noticed the bruise on Alea's cheek, and rubbed his sore chest lightly, as he realized exactly how the young Alea could get in trouble in a library. She, after all, wasn't just somebody, she was "special."
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 6th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Alea bared her teeth and clenched her fists, barely suppressing her desire to commit violence. She wanted to hurt Coren so badly...but, she had come here with a purpose. She roughly grabbed Oluse's arm and shoved him between her and Coren, knowing that without some kind of buffer, she would be unable to restrain herself.

She then took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and pretended Coren wasn't here. "Mura, remember?" she said to Oluse. Giving him a shove forward, she said, "We're looking for information about Mura."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Coren on February 8th, 2012, 6:02 pm

Coren began to impatiently tap his foot as alea shoved the boy in between her and himself. If she already was getting somebody in between them as a shield this couldn't possibly end well at all. At her reply he just gave her a stern and disbelieving stare, why should he believe she just wanted to find out some things about mura when she attacked him for morwen's sake!

“Oh really?” Coren said, not bothering to hide the fact he didn't believe one word of what she was saying. “Well it isn't my business what you read in this library.” Coren said “But unfortunately for both of you it is my job to make sure nothing underneath these four wall's gets damaged and I don't trust both of you one bit.” He looked at the boy in between him and alea for a few moments, he knew it was a bit unfair to judge him like he was just as bad as Alea but . “No offense, but hanging around with her,” He pointed an accusing finger towards alea. “Doesn't really put you in my good book. Now follow me and I'll bring you towards the geography section, don't touch anything else and don't try to sneak off. He gave Alea the sternest glare he could muster at his last comment.
He quickly yelled to jake in vani that he would be helping a few visitors before walking off towards the geography section. Occasionally checking both of them where still following him.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Oluse on February 8th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Oluse just gave a sheepish smile, and responded in Vani, "No, it's fine. I understand." He looked to Alea, then followed silently, answering under his breath, though he sentence traveled well enough int he quiet building. "I'm used to it."

As they walked he finally looked about and his eyes went wide, the sight abolishing his reluctance to be with Alea, replacing it with awe. He had been wanting to see the library but he kept preoccupying himself with other business. He suddenly regretted not coming sooner. "This place is amazing, Sir. We don't have anything like this in Denval. I wonder what it would take to get one build in Denval. What do you think, Alea? Wouldn't it just be amazing, place the small collection in the academy with something like this." He reached out and ran his fingertips along a row of book bindings, and smiled. "That way nobody would ever have to travel, the knowledge could just come to use."
Oluse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Character (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on February 12th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Alea resented the fact that Coren was going with them to the geography section; it would make it all the more difficult to ignore him. But the best way to accomplish her goal was to pretend Coren didn't exist. This was one reason she'd brought Oluse along; he gave her someone else to focus on. In response to Oluse's question, she smacked him in the back of the head. "You want to take all the fun out of everything. Books are the most boring things there are; travelling is WAY more fun."

When Coren stopped in front of a wall of books, Alea assumed they'd reached the geography section. Looking directly at Oluse and trying to ignore Coren completely, she said, "Now find books about Mura. We have to figure out where it is before we can get to it." She knew better by now than to expect Coren to help, but she could usually bully Oluse into doing what she wanted. In an effort to at least pretend she was helping, she scanned the rows of books, waiting for something with "Mura" in the title to pop out at her.
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Coren on February 13th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Coren felt a smile creep on his face as oluse was talking, it seemed that this little boy wasn't cut out of the same ice as his little companion.
“Well a library is quite costly, the building has to be made specificly so that there aren't to many outside influences that can come inside and damage the fragile books.” He gave an aside glance to alea. “Though we can't really stop all of the influences that make our jobs as librarian’s a lot harder. The books themselves are also pretty costly since they are all hand written. But in the end, collecting all that knowledge for everybody who is interested to learn from it is worth it in my opinion.” Coren let out another anoyed sigh as alea slapped the respectful boy over the head and accused him of wanting to take the fun out of everything.

As he stopped in front of one of the shelves he looked at Oluse while he tapped one single row of shelves of the entire bookcase. “We don't really have a lot about geography in avanthal here in general, and about a far of island like mura we don't really have a lot aside from a few sketchy journals and I think one book about some of the wildlife on the island.” He once again shook his head as he saw alea blindly looking at a shelf that didn't contain anything about mura. How typical.
“why don't you start looking at this side of the shelf and I'll work towards you from the other side.” Coren said too the young boy before he did just that.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Next