Kisa [Intrind]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kisa [Intrind]

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 2nd, 2012, 11:35 pm

Kisa (Intrind)

Race: Inarta
Age/Birthday: Spring 38, 495 AV

Appearance: Kisa, like the rest of her race, has drastically red hair. It flows down to her midback, weaved with braids, feathers, and glass beads. Standing at exactly 5’ 1 ½ “ and 105 pounds, she is fairly average for her kind. Her skin is slightly tanned and free from any freckles. Her eyes are a light, creamy gold offset by pitch-black pupils. High cheekbones and an intense gaze show her as intense and fierce but her large eyes and thick lips and a softness she rarely shows. Like most Inarta, she is fit and healthy which a toned stomach and noticeable curves. Specific to her, is her hurricane marking on her shoulders that she got at birth from becoming a Stormwarden.

Home Region: Kalea, Wind Reach

Personality: Kisa fell in love with flight when she was very young and has always dreamed of riding her own eagle. Her need to climb above her peers to accomplish her dreams grew Kisa into a stubborn, determined, and passionate Inarta. Fearless and bold to the extreme, even to Inarta standards, she is not a force to be reckoned with even at her young age. Kisa, however, fears attachment and commitment and refuses to let anyone into her life on a personal level. This may also have stemmed from the death of her twin sister when she was 12.

Family: Not knowing who her father is and having a deceased mother, Kisa and her twin Nila pretty much took care of themselves. Kisa got the tough, stubborn end of the stick while Nila got the other end, the sweet and sensitive one. They care deeply for each other and continued to do so. Kisa is an Endal and Nila is Avora, hoping to become an apprentice glassworker.

Skills:
Falconry (10/100) – (+10 Racial bonus)
Riding (eagle) (3/100)
Unarmed Combat (17/100) – (+15starter package)
Hunting (15/100) – (+15 starter package)
Archery-Longbow (16/100) – (+15 starter package)
Archery-Shortbow (5/100) - (+5 starter package)
Leadership (1/100)
Rhetoric (5/100)
Interrogation (2/100)

Lore of cloud formation (starter package)
Lore of weather descriptions (starter package)
The familiarity of the hunt
Providing for Wind Reach
Being one with your eagle
Knowledge of the Symenestra Diet
Fearless towards an Outsider

Language:
Fluent: Nari
Basic: Common

Gnosis:
Stormwarden, mark awarded at birth (approved)

Clothing:
Black bryda (starter package)
maroon strapless vinati (starter package)
leather ankle boots (starter package)
black katinu (starter package)

Things:
(starter package) Waterskin, backpack (1 week of food, flint and steel, toiletries, and 1 eating knife), and grandmother’s short bow

(purchased) longbow composite, practice dummy advanced, longbow arrows, shortbow arrows

Housing in the Wind Reach Aeries due to Endal position

Money:
100 pinions (starter package)
-1 shortbow arrows
-1 longbow arrows
-75 longbow
+500 salary=
513 pinions (spring 212)

Threads:

Spring 512 AV
Date Title Link XP
1 The Djed Storm http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18959.html
8 Obligated Obedience http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic16551.html

Winter 511 AV
Date Title Link XP
85 The Communal Kitchens http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18057.html +5 rhetoric +2 interrogation
76 Kisa gets her training on http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18277.html +2 unarmed +3 riding (Eagle) +1 Bow
12 Red-Headed Hostility [Kisa] http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18409.html

Intrind (Kisa’s Wind Eagle)

Physical Appearance:
Slightly slimmer than a majority of the Wind Eagles at her age but taller with what will eventually become a 39’ wingspan. Intrind didn’t lighten up as much as normal so her russet color feathers are still close to black. Her head has a tint of blue in her feathers, as does the tips of her wings.

Personality:
A lot like her rider, Intrind is fierce and stubborn. She loves to fly and especially loves a good flight. She one of the more violent of Wind Eagles but is still very loyal and protective of her rider and fellow eagles. She is ambitious and constantly training to get better, she can never get good enough because no matter how hard she trains, there will still be threats. Despite her job of feeding the Inarta, she has little patience for most of them an Inarta’s life, Intrind would, without hesitation, carry them to safety. Intrind tends to be spontaneous and will randomly decide to go hunting in the middle of the night where she blends into the night sky. Still young, only three or so, Intrind still has a bit of growing to do, she also tends to get a rebellious causing Kisa to harass her at times, always lovingly of course.

Last edited by Kisa [Intrind] on March 16th, 2012, 10:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.
-Kisa [Intrind]
"If your a bird, I'm a bird"
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Words: 24634
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2012, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kisa [Intrind] the Stormwarden

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 18th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Summer 508 AV

Bonding Story

Fists balled, Kisa shoved herself through the crowd. She could hear the cheers, the calling, and the cooing echoing off the stone walls. Everyone was talking about the fledglings, how they would win them over and bond with one. Kisa, however, was not the motherly type. She didn’t comfort her sister, Nali, when she cried, or compliment her until she couldn’t help but feel better. Sure, she offers to beat anyone up for Nali, but wouldn’t know the first thing to say to a teary face. Weakness is pointless, it’ll only get you killed, and why should she enable someone’s weakness?

“Don’t go near that fledgling, its bloodthirsty!” Kisa heard one of my classmates whisper. That’s all she’s heard about this morning. Out of the three fledglings that hatched recently, two were strong and brave, glowing in the attention of the Inarta. But the last one has already sent a handful of people to the infirmary. ‘Don’t go near it,’ they say, ‘It’s too violent, it’ll be riderless.’ But of course, she refuses to listen.

As Kisa makes her way up to the aeries the baby eagles are situated in, people shove crowd around her, trying to force her back. She pushes back, her small frame covered in the lean muscles from years of training. Fire-red hair flares behind her, laced with small braids and thin feathers. This should be her day. She’s been working for this since birth with every climb, every fight, and every lesson. She could care less for the fancy room and high status, she just wants to fly. The Eagles need the Inarta and they need them. Inarta will starve without them, and the eagles will die of loneliness without them. The bond between Inarta and Wind Eagle is one that can't be matched. Its Kisa’s destiny, she can feel it in her blood.

As she makes her way through the stone halls, her fellow students from the Enclave let her pass. Amongst them, Kisa is the fiercest, merciless, and well trained fighter. She smiles, her lips curling up on the edges as she remembers the last fight she got it. My eyes instantly locate the source, a boy a few years ahead of me. He wears a huge gleam on his face, obviously a victor of his recent brawls. I want to spit on his ego, but I refrain myself, even I know to respect my opponent. So I do the next best thing, my fist snaps out, locating the corner of his mouth. I watched realization flash on his face as he turned to me enraged. He kicked my straight in the gut, which I let happen may I add, and while he was regaining his balance, I attacked. I avoided a good shot, punching his arms, kicking the sides of his legs, confusing him. He should know better based on the kick he gave me, don’t let someone get in your head. You get confused and you can’t think straight. I take my opportunity with a swift knee to the groin followed by punch to the jaw. He’s on the ground, withering, as I step over him. Pathetic. He knocked the wind out of me and I still find it hard to breathe, but I push on. Those that saw the fight and can now see the fire burning in my eyes back off.

Reaching the Aeries, Kisa recognized her sister. Nali is sweet and soft where Kisa is tough and hard. The twins share a lot of sisterly love even though they are practically opposites. Kisa favors a look that is a little wilder with her strapless red vinati and swirling naval ring. Unlike her sister, Nali has a sophisticated way of presenting herself; her red hair was intricately braided down her back and glittered with tiny glass beads. They argued constantly but never seemed to think any less of each other because of it. Aspiring to become apprentice and learn the craft of glassmaking, Nali avoided learning to fight leaving Kisa to protect her.

Kisa smiles at her sister, her face lighting up in her spontaneous, mischievous way. Nali waved her on as Kisa slipped into the violent fledgling’s aerie. If she had a chance with any bird, it would be this one. Perhaps the bird’s ferocity would match her own.

The room was warm, just like the rest of the mountain. The stone walls seemed somehow grayer than the rest. Kisa searched the room until her eyes found the female fledging inside. Her legs and wings were strong for a bird only a few weeks old. Kisa had wanted to come earlier, but she had a lot of duties to take care of and wanted to avoid the rush of people that would call on the young bird, hoping for the chance to bond with it. The bird was sleek but large for its age with feather’s blacker than any Kisa had ever seen before. She could almost make out drops of blood on the eagle’s talons, the result of someone angering the fledgling. It’s a nightmare bird, Kisa thought.

The bird stared at Kisa, her eyes burning with fiery passion as she discerned her visitor. She was sick and tired of all the Inartas treating her like a baby, talking in soothing voices and trying to buy her over with fish.She didn’t need a caretaker, she needed someone to fly with.

“I’m not going to bow down to you,” Kisa began, crossing her arms, “I won’t run around and abide by your every wish. If you want a companion, a friend, that’s what I’ll be. We can be equals or nothing at all.”

The young fledgling was shocked, no one has every spoken to her like that. Her mother had told her to soak up the attention, that many Inartas would come to try and please her. This fiery haired girl was obviously not one of them.

“I want to fly, I want to soar and fight and protect my people. I’m not interested in making pretty things. I am stubborn and determined and a little thick headed but I’m not afraid of anything. You won’t find a more loyal rider,” Kisa presented, she was hoping to gain the fledglings approval by being herself. Something she hadn’t been advised to do. The baby Eagle noticed the dreams floating in the girl’s eyes. She wanted this, more than anything in the world. The Eagle believed her, this may be her match.

“Why don’t you think I’ll attack you, rip you to shreds. I nearly ripped all the flesh of this girl, older than you, that visited last night. You think you’re so much better than everyone and I’ll just choose you because you want me to?” The fledgling spoke into the Inarta’s head, her tone strong and offensive.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I think”. The two stare at each other a long time. Judging each other, their will power competing.

“Do you have what it takes? How do you know you’re not afraid of heights. You haven’t even told me your name.” The fledgling was teasing now, she liked the girl’s spirit, hoped she could keep it up.

“My name is Kira, I do have what it takes. But don’t take my word for it, find out for yourself,” Her jaw tipped up in defiance, hoping to prove herself with the challenge.

“Come Kira, I am Itrind, Wind Eagle,” the bird’s rough female voice commanded inside Kira’s head, jumping up to perch about 15 feet away on a glassless window ledge. Her pitch black feathers ruffled as she stretched her wings. She was large for a fledgling, and the baby birds were already not so baby-sized. She repeated herself, “come.”

She obeys, climbing on the bird’s back, thighs gripping the soft feathers. Kisa holds on with all her strength as Intrind takes off. They soar through the mountain until bursting into daylight. Flying is something so many never experience. Defying gravity and having vast open space on all sides of you is breathtaking. It’s a whole different world up in the sky. Kisa’s face breaks into a smile as she takes it all in. Wind whistles past her ears, hair is flying behind her. Kira was flying and she wasn't afraid in the least. It was as if she was born to do this. The view was beautiful. This is what Kira yearned for her entire life.

They flew around the mountain tops, diving into the valleys, and spinning as they both get used to it. As they grow more comfortable, they become more daring, neither holding the other back. Finally Intrind spoke to her rider, “I will be your equal as long as you don’t ever lose your fire.”

“Not a chance,” Kisa was elated. Just as she heard the Eagle Rider’s describe it, she let the boundaries of her mind disappear, let Intrind’s voice and presence slam into her. What is her and what is Kisa evanescenced and they were one. Kisa’s wings pierce the wind, Intrind’s hands grip feathers. The link is like an explosion. Kisa lets her arms fly up and they scream with triumph. Kisa’s done it, she’s an Endal.

“You are my rider now,” Intrind pointed out with relief. She had worried she would never find one.

As they bonded deeper, Kisa realize how tough Intrind really was. She could take on anything with bravery and was going to everything she could to get stronger, fly faster. They was a deep protective quality in her for her rider and the rest of the eagle-rider pairs. She's loyal and spontaneous, willing to do anything for what she wants. The rest of my kind didn’t interest her, apart from the other riders, because they were too afraid. Afraid of life, or dying, of falling. But not Kisa. She was the only one whose determination and stubbornness could match hers, I understood that living isn't about worrying or fear, it's about taking advantage of the limited time was have and making something out of it. They could hate the rest of the world together, seek bloody revenge together, take on Mother Nature together, protect their people together. For now on, they were truly one.

Her name is Kisa (Intrind), an Endal, an Eagle Rider.

-Kisa [Intrind]
"If your a bird, I'm a bird"
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Words: 24634
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2012, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets