The Communal Kitchens (Closed)

Kisa [Intrind] heads to the communal kitchen hoping for some social interaction.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

The Communal Kitchens (Closed)

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 4th, 2012, 2:29 am

85 Winter 211 AV

Kisa [Intrind] was marked by her lord Zulrav at birth. All her life she's lived with the hurricane spiraling around her shoulders.Lived with the winds whispering Zulrav's biddings. She sat cross legged on her bed, simpler than most the other Endals. Her hands formed florious, gentle breezes ruffling the sheets on her bed. Sighing, she layed back, her arms collapsing at her sides. She was truly exhausted having spent the entire morning hunting with Intrind. But, as had been recently common, she couldn't force herself to sleep.

She threaded through the inner wardens on her way to the communal kitchens. Heads of all shades of red passed her, going about their own separate business. She recognized many of the faces, but couldn't identify them by name. It was easy to tell the finely dressed Endals from the Avora and Chiet, and the rambunctious Yasi from the simply-dressed Dek.

Entering the kitchens, Kisa looked around, hoping to find a friendly face.
Last edited by Kisa [Intrind] on March 16th, 2012, 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Kisa [Intrind]
"If your a bird, I'm a bird"
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Words: 24634
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2012, 8:34 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Communal Kitchens (OPEN)

Postby Drusilla on February 10th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Drusilla sat at a table all alone, attepting to choke down her food which would later make her sick. Urrff, if only she could ask for raw meat but then the Inarta around her would feel uncomfortable. Well, more uncomfortable than she made them by just sitting there. Clad in her long black dress with her pale skin and snow white hair. Yup she stood out like a sore thumb.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 10th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Kisa walked amongst the tables , surrounded on all sides by Inarta being friendly with one another. Her caloused hands held onto her plate of food, nothing too unapatising. Usually she found a fellow Eagle Rider to sit with but today didn't seem to bring her such luck. She never minded sitting alone but, despite not keeping close friendships, she did in fact enjoy conversation. she could be pleasant if she wished. Standing out like a snowflake in a pool of blood, Kisa's eyes were drawn to a pale woman with colorless hair draped around her chair. Kisa had never spoken to her directly but had heard enough to be curious. The way the girls purple eyes kept to her plate Kisa could tell she was a bit of the timid type.

"Mind if i sit with you," Kisa said, her voice as polite as she could manage. As bold as she was, she didnt want to start off on the wrong foot. Kisa always tried to convince herself to maake new friends. Intrind always told her she was too comfortable, not caring enough of what others thought of her to make friends easily. With her hair held back by one of her fiery braids, she waited for a reply.
-Kisa [Intrind]
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cherie on February 11th, 2012, 12:53 am

Famished after a day of walking, Cherie, plate in hand, cast a languid eye over the crowds at the communal kitchen. All the tables were taken, and with the chilly winter wind, she didn’t wish to eat outside. Cherie’s settled on a table at which sat a somewhat familiar woman. Cherie was sure that that she had seen the long-haired Symenestra somewhere. After all, it was impossible to miss such a pale haired woman in the sea of red that surrounded her almost constantly.

As she approached the table, a bright smile plastered on her face, Cherie saw another Inarta, this time an Endal, setting herself down across from the Symenestra. She didn’t personally know the Inarta, but the way she carried herself, so confidently and lightly, suggested that she was of higher status than most. Cherie paused, not wishing to interrupt their conversation.

“Mind if I sit with you?" the Endal asked. Cherie realised she was standing too close to just turn and walk away, and so she smiled and prepared to be rebuked by the Eagle rider.

“I was just about to ask the same thing,”
T.V --- Such an ugly piece of furniture.
Cherie
If you want to be happy, be.

Words: 16664
Joined roleplay: January 1st, 2012, 10:11 am
Character sheet

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 11th, 2012, 1:33 am

"I was just about to ask the same thing."

Kisa turned and saw another fiery haired Inarta standing next to the table. She seemed a little hesitant, like she would rather walk away and avoid this conversation. It was a good things the young Eagle Rider cared little for the social order. Her own sister was below her in the order and didn't have a problem socializing with them. Sometimes she preferred to speak to the calmer Avora and Chiet because her own Endal class was at times too serious for her. Kisa was who she was because she fought for it, and she respected that some just simply didn't care for the violent lifestyle that was being a rider.

"Threes a party," Kisa said smiling back to the icy haired Symenestra staring at the two Inarta before her. At the very least, this meal would be interesting. As long as the other two girls weren't too submissive, Kisa would enjoy this. Intrind had been her only serious social interaction for nearly a week. Too much hunting in this weather, it left them both restless. At the best, maybe these two could offer as much needed friends.
-Kisa [Intrind]
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drusilla on February 11th, 2012, 1:51 am

Drusilla was nibbling and chewing very slowly on an apple, as she had to if it was to be edible. As hard as she tried to abandon her Symenestra ways... She couldn't. Drusilla was a savage hunter, or should of been.. Her body needed the raw meat, as much as she tried to repress it. She ate fruit, lots of it. But during the winter the lack of meat took it's toll, Drusilla looked if possible even more sickly than normal.

A sight breeze passed Drusilla, bringing her long white hair to life. It was like smoke twisting and waving.

Drusilla jumped at the voices, the one she could tell was in fact an Endal. Trying not to stammer," Yes, I mean. Sure you both can sit with me, that is if you want to.." Her Nari lacked the happy song birdish tone the Inarta had, Drusilla's was more like a mouring dove.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 11th, 2012, 2:04 am

With a sigh, Kisa sat down across from the Symenestra with the other Inarta. She knew she should remember at least one of their names, but it was an unusual circumstance when she actually committed someones name to memory. It had never seemed too important to her. Without a pause or a hesitation Kisa addressed the two of them.

"I'm Kisa, I apologize If I should remember either of your names, I tend to be bad at that," She shrugged, her liquidy gold eyes appraising her meal before she looked over to the Symenestra picking at her apple with dainty fingertips. "I don't mean to offend you, but your kind eats raw meat right? That must make you feel out of place here. But you know, that's how our Eagles eat, I'm sure everyone has seen one of the mighty beasts picking apart a bloody carcass. Would it not be better for you to eat some of the raw meat for the Eagles? They eat on the hunt, but they are fed here in Wind Reach too."

Kisa realized that may have been too bold a comment, but she didn't care. The other girl must surely be use to the Inarta's fearless commentary by now. She pushed a ruby-colored braid back behind her ear.
-Kisa [Intrind]
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Deyja Zhitani on February 11th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Deyja as she always did when coming to the communal kitchens kept her distance from everyone. She leaned her arms loosely folded back against the wall lazily, molten gaze hidden behind her closed lids, along the far edge of the crowds. The mixed blood usually forced herself not to put up a wall of ice between herself and the others when there, but at that moment it was the only thing keeping her anger in check. She shifted from one foot to the other and back again; the only real outward motion which showed the mixed blood's agitation. The humorous part about it was that Deyja had been in a rather good mood prior to that woman's comment.

The small verbal confrontation outside the communal kitchens had put a damper on that emotion though, and now she was quickly boiling with rage. Anyone who viewed the mixed blood would find it hard not to compare her to a snake coiled awaiting the precise moment to strike. Not that the comparison would have been too far off base; with where one side of her bloodcame from in all. Deyja readied herself to explode on the next person to greet her with anything other than a smile and mock kind words at the very least. 'I wish you both were here, I could so use the love.'
~The Skies Above Are Calling Me.
Deyja Zhitani
Deyja Zhitani
Player

Words: 12915
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Drusilla on February 11th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Drusilla turned to the Endal, "Drusilla, my name is Drusilla. It's not the fact it's raw meat, it's how my kind eats the meat. Symenestra make the way birds of prey eat look like proper ladies cuting their food in small delicate bites. Plus, I'd need to eat such a large portion of meat... I'd either have to kill a human or a lot of smaller critters... I'd rather not cause so much chaos." Drusilla returned to nibbling on over ripe fruit.

"You're pretty brave even for an Endal. I know many Endal who are terrified of Symenestra, not anything I've done. I hate them just as much as the Endals, and I'm one of them." Drusilla gave a smile, fangs showing. This girl seemed fearless. Drusilla wouldn't be using kid gloves with this one. It was a welcome change.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kisa [Intrind] on February 11th, 2012, 8:04 pm

The Symenestra, Druscilla, smiled at her, pearly fangs peeping out from her lips. Kisa smiled back, proud of the compliment.

"I don't see much reason to be scared of things. Everyone dies, including myself. What's life really worth when It's lived in fear," The Engal shrugged, moving her food around her plate. Kisa knew she was considered fearless, but it never seemed to be honored very highly in other's minds. It was seen as reckless, stupid, and ignorant.

She peered over at a girl she knew not at all pacing angrily a few tables away. Kisa smiled a little, that rage was something very common for an Inarta such as herself. She wasn't sure what race the girl was exactly, probably a mixedblood. But she could definitely sympathize.

"What's your name?" Kisa asked the third girl at the table. The other Inarta.
-Kisa [Intrind]
Kisa [Intrind]
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next