[Location] Wright Memorial Library

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Wright Memorial Library

Postby Paragon on February 4th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Wright

Memorial Library

The Wright Memorial Library is not just well known in Sylira, it is renowned throughout Mizahar. Sizeable enough to exist as a wings of its own accord, the libraries catalogue is both extensive and varied.

The library itself is two tiered, vast shelves of tomes interlaced with reading desks and small statuettes to various deities. The God's and Goddesses that appear most frequently are Eyris, of knowledge, Gnora, of order, and Qalaya, of writing. These three are the patron deities of the library. The library's name itself is in commemoration of Kennabelle Wright, a Zeltivan navigator who travelled throughout Mizahar.

The books are divided into subject categories, though the divisons are broader than the University's classes. Over half of the selection is devoted to magical tomes, and nearly a quarter of the remainder is given to Mizaharian history.

There is a rumour of a ghost in the building. Students revising late into the night report a spectral presence, or figure drifting past them and into the book aisles. Nothing conclusive has been proven.

The library is open to all - not just those enrolled at the University. There is a real desire to make knowledge "free" to all, and a belief that Zeltiva's great store of knowledge will help Mizahar rebuild itself in future. However, the second tier is closed off to the general public, with access only given to students and professors. These texts are predominantly applied magical volumes, and those that pertain to certain sections of Zeltivan and Mizaharian history. Some texts on the second tier are locked even to University scholars, many still owned by the Wright estate.

Moderators Note: Players are free to thread in the Library.

NPC :

Name: Lisaelis
Position: Head Librarian, Wright Memorial Library, University of Zeltiva
Age/Birthdate: 91 years old, 18th Day of Fall in the year of 420 AV
Skills:
• Copying – 58/100
• Calligraphy – 37/100
• Investigation – 72/100
• Leadership – 29/100
• Organization – 65/100
• Writing – 42/100
• Auristics – 61/100
• Lykata Gnossis - 2/4

Background:
As child of the previous head librarian, Lisaelis practically grew up inside the University of Zeltiva's great library. She is intimately familiar with every nook and cranny, shelf and section within the structure. Her first job was working as her father's assistant, and when he retired she assumed his role and took over leadership as the head librarian. Despite her age she is surprising active and take-charge, with a wry sense of humor and voracious appetite for knowledge that hasn't diminished even slightly over the years. She is extraordinarily protective of the library and by extension the university as a whole -- and she can become vehemently aggressive and fly into a rage towards any individuals that damage or endanger the University.

For the five decades since the library was renamed and her promotion to the role of head librarian, Lisaelis has served in her role impeccably. Venerated as Lisaelis the Sage; she not only serves in the capacity of Head Librarian of the Wright University Library -- Lisaelis has also held a respected position within the University of Zeltiva's Board of Regents for eight years.

Her duties in the Wright Library not only include overseeing the junior members of the staff, but from her post she also directs the libraries far-flung network of agents that are spread throughout the cities of Mizahar -- a network she has helped to build over many decades. Each of these agents actively seek out tomes that are worthy of inclusion into the libraries collection, as well as fragments and lost lore from the pre-valterrian era. Additionally, those agents double as a means for the university and Zeltiva to stay aware of events taking place in other cities.

One of the services that Lisaelis and the library provides is finding answers and information for those who come to the library in search of such. If favorably disposed towards an individual who asks her aid, Lisaelis would doubtlessly utilize all of the skills and knowledge that she possesses in order to obtain the knowledge her patron requires.

Credit to Ihendrethan for the NPC
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Read, read, read...! (flashback)

Postby Jibril Keenan on October 6th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Timestamp: 20th of Summer, 512 AV

Jibril's first time to entered the Wright Memorial Library of the university. The place was like a sanctuary to him. He can't nearly imagine the number of books and references this library contained. He still can't believed that his officially enrolled within the university. One of the library staff standstill on one of the shelves carrying dozens of hardbound books. Trying her best to bear the books' weight to moved it from place to place. Rearranging one shelves and another. The librarian seemed bothered and doesn't mean to bumped into his way, some of the books fell off the ground.

"Sorry." The librarian apologized by her silliness.

Jibril without any thinking got all the remaining books on the ground and handled it to her.

"Can you guide me through the section where can I see topics about Reimancy?"

"Sure... This way..."

Jibril followed the librarian.

"Here it is."

"Oh, thanks." Jibril climbed through the portable wooden ladder and spread his arms reaching an enormous thick antique black book. This book appeared to be pretty kind of heavy. He almost tossed it on the desk next to the shelves. Jibril blew the cover's dust and opened the book.

Chapter III:
"Notes from an experience wizard and one of Zeltiva's scholars"

The water is a source of life.
It has three forms: Liquid, gas and solid.
Liquid phase in Reimancy, can be an advantage and disadvantage...
Advantage in a way it is much easier to control. However, liquid phase wasn't that useful especially when in combat use and doing damage or attacks. Any wizard can control the flow and fluidity of liquid water even those newbie ones. Changing the water's temperature was a small way to make liquid phase a considerable harmful element. Though this technique is more of complicated for a starter Res-user. A hot boiling liquid water can be harmful than simple useless spray. Any one practicing or mastering water element may try slipping their enemy, bombarding them with large amount of water-pressure that matches hydrants are effective yet consumes a lot of energy ... or... ...

* Unreadable part*

Water in it's gaseous form

Master in the arts of Reimancy, can used the unseen gases around him collecting them in a large mass then charging Res to it. He may transmute the air or any gases around him (oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen) to another element. For instance, oxygen will be converted into a large ball of fire that will ultimately devour it's enemy. Gases are elements too. All gases are air elemental though some can be both in between or have partial component of another element like water vapor, liquid steam-gases and dust (Earth+air). It is highly suggested by the author to practiced manipulating the air element.
Note: Excellent Res-user doesn't need time nor proper environment to successfully deliver all his plans. He only need his Res.

Water in it's solid form

Water in it's solid form...

Ice. Crystallize particles of water. Better if harder. Deadly when sharp.
Ice was a fascinating element. It can be used as an effective defense and offensive as well, though will took time to bend and manipulate one.
Usage: Capturing, Defense, Icicles and Ice needles, Preserving, Structure and a lot more to mention.

page 118 Helmina's Guide to Res & Others

Jibril flipped round the next page...
Jibril Keenan
Memitim of Water Tragedy

Words: 11340
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Read, read, read! (flashback) II

Postby Jibril Keenan on October 6th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Deities and Gods related to the water element:

1. Laviku

God of the sea, very famous in the city of Zeltiva. A new monument of this god was recently build in the city center.

2. Makutsi

The Goddess of rain and water-forms (Lakes, rivers, falls, oasis, springs). The daughter of the sea god, Laviku.

3. Morwen

Goddess of Ice and Winter. Avanthal was her home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air

Air is everywhere.
It's present where there is space.
There are no solid or liquid phase of the element air.
It is only and always in gaseous form.
Can freely float, lift or glide on top of any land, terrain or the earth itself.

Types:
Air have different types.
In the field of Reimancy, we have water vapors, dusts and different chemical gases.

Techniques

Tornadoes, Whirlwinds, Levitation, Air turbulence, Wind currents, Air friction...

WIP.
TO be Continue.
HI FOLKS!
My rate of activity is three replies or post per week. Writing will be in the form of mostly SIMPLE ENGLISH words. I prefer threads not too much long, kindly don't exceed or make it three pages or I'll be bored to death.
My word count ranges from 300 plus to 1,000, nevertheless above or near 1,000 post was a bit striving for my part. Bare with me, I'm just new to this city and was still learning or taking grasp of information about Zeltiva in whole.
I also handle ALISHA, my other character, who was situated (maybe forever?) in Syliras. For quicker response, you can message me via my Facebook Account if in case I'm too much busy or I'm unable to log-in for quite a lengthy duration.
Jibril Keenan
Memitim of Water Tragedy

Words: 11340
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook