Gnosis Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Gnosis Questions

Postby Nakita on February 5th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Hello everybody!

So I was wondering about specific Gnosis marks, particularly those acquired at the coming of age and before birth. I wanted to become a Stormwarden, which is a faction of people that have a Gnosis mark before they are born from the god Zulrav, but I'm not sure how to approach that. Do I just write it into my character bio, or do I need to ask someone permission?

Also, as a Vantha, I was hoping to gain a Gnosis from the goddess Morwen, which comes at the coming of age. Do I need to have a thread with whoever controls Morwen, or does that just automatically happen?

Thanks!
Nakita
The Sapient Mage

Words: 3997
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Gnosis Questions

Postby Antar on February 5th, 2012, 11:35 pm

Hey there :)

All gnosis requests, even if they are for a stormwarden or 'birth ones' still have to be put into the Help Desk as they're the only ones that can approve them XD. Once the founders say the gnosis is approved, you should note back that approval with a link to the topic on your CS .

However, you can only start with one gnosis, so you'd have to choose to go for Stormwarden one or the ice reaving one; the second would have to be requested through the DS of Avanthal (where Morwen is) or from a thread with a DS for the Stormwarden dependant on which you choose to go for.

Morwen does give many marks to vantha if they're 'returning' to her. But send a pm to ask Cheshire for specifics as she's the expert :).

That's basically it XD .
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Gnosis Questions

Postby Nakita on February 6th, 2012, 12:17 am

Thank you! I'll post in the Help Desk. :)
Nakita
The Sapient Mage

Character sheet

Gnosis Questions

Postby Cheshire on February 6th, 2012, 1:05 am

Getting both Stormwarden and Ice Reaving as a Vantha is a tricky one since doing flashback threads for gnosis are tricky (if you wanted her to have Ice Reaving from a young age). This does not mean that you cannot try to earn a Morwen mark in character though. I'm willing to help you with that if you like. I saw on your CS that you are a Vantha in Avanthal so that makes it much easier to get a mark from Morwen since you are living in her city!

Good luck on your Gnosis application and I look forward to seeing you around the site :)
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Gnosis Questions

Postby Nakita on February 6th, 2012, 3:13 am

Oh yes that would be wonderful if you could help me with that! Just tell me what you need me to do. :)
Nakita
The Sapient Mage

Character sheet