When Boredom Threatens (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Colt on February 15th, 2012, 3:53 pm

A teacher? Khasr grinned. The idea was so ludicrous that it was funny. He chuckled, and Skram’s thundering boom urged it into full laughter. Teaching… the concept was funny. He remembered his own teacher, with biting sarcasm and razor-sharp wit, ready with a scathing remark whenever he was asked a stupid question. For the life of him, Khasr couldn’t dispel the image of himself in his mentor’s place, and the idea made his laugh again.

“I’m sorry,” he said when it trailed off. “I didn’t mean to laugh.”

It had been the first laugh in a long time, the first good laugh. He couldn’t remember the last one he’d had. It felt nice.

He looked at the target and his three javelins.

“I guess I should go get those. Don’t shoot me.”

He waited for a few heartbeats to assure himself that Skram was not going to stick him with an arrow, then trotted over to the straw man and yanked out his two weapons. A bit more trotting and he picked up his third, then returned to his spot by the Silverstrider.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Skram Silverstrider on February 15th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Why should he be sorry? "I am not the one being laughed at" Skram said when he was done because if he was...then maybe someone had a proper cause of thinking that he would get shot from behind. Instead he followed because "I think I should get mine too." Those arrows of his littered around costed gold and he did not want them damaged but "damn!" it seemed that nature has had its way again and flattened the flights.

The quick fix that he had to do was line them up at the ends of the log for them to dry out but who knew how long it was going to take. Sighing he decided to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the bow either. Getting out the wax and using it on the string. While he was rubbing it on he mentioned slightly jealous that "I don't think that you need to do things like this with your javelins?" All he had to do so far was to just pick them up. Very convenient.

"It looks like I will be here for a while" until the arrows dry out "with nothing to do" unless he wanted to use his other ones but then he would have repeat the cycle all over again. When will it end. When "I'll go back soon. Unless you have any suggestions?" Winter is bad. There was nothing to do because the grasslands just becomes a lot more uncomfortable, and dangerous.
Skram Silverstrider
The Transporter

Words: 21950
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colt on February 15th, 2012, 11:15 pm

He wasn’t the one being laughed at? Khasr chose to ignore the comment, and nodded apologetically when they discovered the altered arrows.

“No, I do not. But to be fair, I can’t carry nearly as many javelins as you can arrows, and you just need one bow.”

As Skram began to repair what had been damaged, Khasr sat back down on the log. They descended into an easy silence, each wrapped up in his own thoughts.

It was these thoughts that caused Khasr’s eyes to travel to the seme stallion that was tied nearby. The beast was tall, proud, and one of the strongest-looking horses the young drykas had ever seen, and Skram had spoken of a cart…

He jumped out of his reverie at Skram’s question.

“Actually, I was just thinking of something like that.”

He nodded at the stallion.

“Winter’s already become lean for hunters like me. The little things sleep the whole season and, well… I can’t hunt the big things. Not without help. But if you’d be at all willing to help…” a corner of his mouth twitched upwards. “a ‘big’ thing wouldn’t be all that problematic. I don’t know much about horseflesh, but even I can see you’ve got one fine animal over there. If he’s up for lending his strength, I’d say we have a good team on our hands.”

He held out a hand, ready for Skram to clasp if he agreed.

“What do you say? Are you game for a hunt?”
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Skram Silverstrider on February 16th, 2012, 11:57 am

Thinking of something like that? It sounded quite interesting especially since it looked to him that it had something to do with the horse, and hunting. "I am not much of a hunter as you should know" he said as he looked at the hand "but if you need my services, I am sure we can work something out" and clasped the hand anyway. Winter was not only bad for the hunters because work was short for Skram as well. Maybe by following Khasr into the sea of grass he could claim himself as being one of the guides who was not idle during the winter since technically with his webbing he could be guiding them to their quarry.

A skill that from their previous hunt "you already know what I should be able to do." Their current no matter how big would be nothing compared to trying for that glassbeak which was not what was meant he hoped when he asked "what do you have in mind?" Prudence still had to be exercised since their opponent was not only their prey but also the wilderness. Seeing that his partner was also a drykas, Skram would not have to waste his time preparing the cart which was normally for outsiders unless Khasr insisted so "we can go now if you want. What is the plan?" he asked running his fingers through his arrows this time now that they were as dry as they were going to get before embarking. Those separated barbs had to be fixed or it would worsen his already bad aim.
Skram Silverstrider
The Transporter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colt on February 17th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Khasr tried and failed to keep a grin from his face when Skram clasped his hand.

“Good. A hunter isn’t the only good person on a hunt.”

He looked up, noting the sun’s position.

“I need a bit of time to prepare. Meet me back here in one hour. Get whatever you need, and see if you can bring your cart.”

He stuffed his javelins back into his quiver and headed to the southern part of Endrykas, shivering with excitement. A big hunt. He could barely remember the last time he’d done one of those.

It wasn’t rabbits he’d be bringing home tonight.
Colt
Miss Communication

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Skram Silverstrider on February 18th, 2012, 5:57 am

Another hour? That was all the time that Skram did not need. It was only a hunt and all he needed was his horse and his bow. The same bow he decided to continue practicing with since the cold winter air was not something that the body could get used to no matter how many he already experienced. He felt slow, sluggish. All things that he knew as he tried to shoot arrow after arrow at the target. Eventually the motions of grabbing an arrow from the quiver and putting it to the bow became faster. Even if it did not help with his aim as all the hunters saw with the arrows littered on the ground Skram did not mind one bit. As long as he sent them out, one of them would hit and later it would mean a prize that they can go home satisfied with.

After nearly half a bell of losing himself in shooting Skram realized that "I am just like a Cerulest" just like those akalaks because "I forgot that he asked for a cart!" No time to make sure that the arrows dried out properly this time. Skram hurriedly collected them and got on his horse and got off in a full trot because "we need to hurry." There was too much to be done like getting the cart and new arrows for one. Mornax needed to go even faster and Skram was pushing it to do just that as it ran through the many pavilions until it reached his own.

There he put the arrows that he already had been using to dry again before taking some new ones and tossed them into the cart, just like everything else that he would normally bring along. "I know you just ran but let me finish this" he told his horse while he hitched it up. No idea why he needed to bring the cart along unless they were expecting to hunt something big but during the winters, the animals should know better especially with the lack of food. However Skram was not one to argue and as soon as he was done he got on the driver's seat to go onwards so that they could get on with the hunt. "No, not that way. We are going back" and directed the horse to follow the way they came from. "That's the way" he told it as it went forward through the sea of tents again albeit a little bit slower this time.
Skram Silverstrider
The Transporter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lariat on March 5th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Khasr

Experience:

Javelin: 2 xp
Observation: 1 xp
Teaching: 1 xp

Lores:

Solid stance when aiming

Skram Silverstrider

Experience:

Shortbow: 2 xp
Riding (Horse): 1 xp
Observation: 1 xp

Lores:

Solid stance when aiming

Comments

If you have any questions just send me a pm!
Lariat
The light in the back of your mind

Words: 151849
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 3:20 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous