A wandering Chaktawe's Journey..[open]

New to Syliras; Saadet, a young Chaktawe, attempts to live a life that may, or may not be suited to her.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on February 7th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Time stamp: Day 50, 512 AV in season of winter. 12:45pm

Riding down the North Kabrin road on her satllion companion. Each gallope Airk did made a swiftly, sweet noise. The crisp winter air filled the young Chaktawe's lungs. Though, as tired as this petite girl was, she was just as ready to experiance a new place. As soon as she was deep in thought, she awed at the huge domain a little further down the road. She could hear people buzzing around. Sort of like bee's working hard in their beehives. he chuckled at this annalogy. Quickly approching the front gates of Syliras, she stabbled her steer, and walked up to the castle. Saadet smiled with much glee; Nodding politely to the knights, she entered the great city with a small "Hello, good sirs.."

Seeing an array of people, all of different races, co-existing with each other. It truly was a beautiful scene. Humming a small tune, carrying all of her goods on her back, this was the first itme she had been here. She didn't know anyone. She was in need of work, and a place to rent. She came to the conclustion that, all can be settled with time. She'll just camp outside the gates until she had the wages to rent a nice little room.

Walking around, gazing at all there was to see; Saadet had gotten too excited, and got light headed. Sitting down on a near bentch, watching everyone walk here, and there. Saadet rested her head in the palm of her hands, and proped her elbows on her knees. "..I don't even know where to start.." she spoke to herself. Getting tired of all the luggage she was burdened to carry around, she set everything on the ground next to her. Then, assumed the hunched over, face in palms position again. Contimplating on what to do next.
Last edited by Saadet Yilmaz on February 14th, 2012, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who do you come for?
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Words: 4042
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2012, 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Lucas Arias on February 12th, 2012, 6:03 am

Lucas was just on his way to a patrol. His knight had told him to check the area around the gate together with a couple of other squires. Unlike Saadet the redhead didn’t own a horse. Instead he sat on a borrowed mare that didn’t seem particularly happy to have such an inexperienced rider on her back. She’d already tried to throw him off a couple of times and had almost bit him when he had tried to feed her an apple to gain her friendship. He had thrown the apple away then. As much as he would have loved to get along with the horse, he loved his hands even more. He couldn’t hold a sword if he was missing his fingers.

A yawn escaped his mouth as he neared the gate. He had been up nearly all night, sneaking into that magic laboratory to practice what little he knew of the arcane and read. Even if his horse were obedient, he’d much rather be anywhere but on a patrol. In his warm bed for example, sleeping through the day. Would it be a very bad thing if he dismounted for a moment, sat down somewhere and closed his eyes? The other squires could go on their petching patrol alone …

He was just pondering how severe the punishment would be if he skipped the patrol and if it would be worth it, when he saw Saadet. He had never seen a woman like her, dressed like her, before. He was suddenly wide awake. He dismounted at once, not caring if the mare decided to escape while he was looking elsewhere.

„Hello!“ he said, quite loudly, because it seemed as if she were half asleep. „You look like you need help.“ He pointed at her luggage. „Are you new here?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on February 14th, 2012, 5:27 am

Startled from the sudden outburst, Saadet stared at the man for a second; registering everything he was saying. Then replied "Uh.. y-yeah. I'm VERY new here." not being able to keep her face from expressing such astonishment; she'd never seen anyone with blue eyes. Shaking her head to break the trance. She jumped up, and dusted herself off a bit. She glanced at him again. He was on the complete opposite of the spectrum to her. Light skin, light hair, light eyes.

She was intrigued, and wanted to learn more about this "Human". She'd only heard stories from her parents, but she was unaware they were THIS enlightening. Her ankle gave out a bit, but she caught herself. She was so exhausted from all this traveling. Feeling a bit embaressed, she quickly said "My name is Saadet Yilmez.." She smiled bashfully. Her accent was heavy, and her common speech was a bit broken. Praying it wasn't too bad to where he didn't understand her. The second she introduced herself, she felt her eyes get a bit heavy.
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Character sheet

Postby Demlin on February 15th, 2012, 2:38 am

Demlin was doing his duty with his fellow squires, after Lucas had stepped forward to talk to a small girl he heard her mention she was very new. After she introduced herself to Lucas she seemed quite ill, and looked as if she were to faint soon. Demlin stepped forward urgently walking up to her.

"My lady, are you alright you look sick, was your journy to syliras long?

He did not mean to be rude by not introducing himself before starting conversation, but he felt compelled to see if she needed help. Besides, the knights and squires were the order in this city and region, it was there job to not only keep the peace but help those in need and this Chaktawe seemed to need help. The city would be very confusing to one who has never visited before. Demlin gave a friendly smile to the girl while he awaited her response to him and his fellow squire, he wanted to seem as friendly as possible and assure her they were there to help not to harm her.
Demlin
Squire

Words: 20807
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2012, 3:23 am
Character sheet

Postby Lucas Arias on February 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm

„I’m Lucas“, he introduced himself and then proceeded to try and pronounce her name which ended in a disaster. Lucas had never been good at foreign languages, and her name was unfortunately almost unrecognizable. He smiled embarrassedly. „I can help you find an inn, if that’s what you want. I’ll even help you carry your things“, he offered. Was he only imagining it or was she staring at him? And why was she staring at him? Was there anything wrong with him? That she might never have seen a person with blue eyes didn’t occur to him.

As Demlin showed up, Lucas made a face. Demlin was a typical squire, all noble, polite and helpful and trying to keep the peace. Lucas couldn’t stand such people. As he called Saadet who seemed about their own age a ‚lady‘, Lucas rolled his eyes. They weren’t at some kind of official gathering full of rich and important people, they were on the street, facing a foreigner. In his opinion Demlin was exaggering it a bit.

He almost expected Demlin to try and fight him so that he could help the poor, lost foreigner first. He was pretty sure that some of his fellow squires had some kind of bet going on regarding who helped the most people. Most of them were noble, boring, useless idiots. And his plan to skip the patrol was history now. Demlin would probably not let him leave after they were done helping the poor Chaktawe girl.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on February 16th, 2012, 3:47 am

She chuckled a bit at the human's attempt to pronounce her name. She repeated herself a little slowly in hopes he'd understand a little better. At the mention of an "inn" Saadet immediately said "Yes, actually! I could use a bit of help finding an Inn." She noticed all her staring made this man uncomfortable. That's when the oddest thought came to her mind. What did his skin feel like? She had to know; making things more awkward than they needed to be, she lightly poke Lucas' face. She appeared shocked again. "Why is your skin so soft?!" She exclaimed all wide-eyed.

Before she could say anything else, another Human approached her. Did she really stick out this much? Noticing this Human was very different from the current human she was interacting with. "I'm fine now. Just a bit tired.." She said in a trance, still comparing these two. Not soon after the brown-haired human showed up out of no where, she glanced at Lucas' showing disdain of the sudden break in conversation.

Still poking at Lucas' face, she explained how she had left her home in order to travel. "My parents are very supportive." She smiled. She hadn't realized her hand was all on Lucas' cheek. She laughed, and then took her hand off. "I'm sorry, friend. Your skin is just so milky, and soft.." she began to rub her own skin. "My skin is a bit rough. My kind lives in the desert. It's a survival thing." She said in a distasteful tone. She shook her head for getting all off topic. "About that Inn.." She said to the men.
Who do you come for?
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Character sheet

Postby Demlin on February 16th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Living here since before he could even remember, Demlin knew the city like the back of his hand, but he had not even thought of inn's much and knowing that there were a few inns within the city he was not sure which one would be the best for someone like herself, not wanting to give false information Demlin decided to consult Lucas's opinion on the matter.

"Lucas, perhaps you should take care of her I will just carry any extra things." Demlin said.

Demlin could tell of the other knights aggravation at him stepping in, at first he thought it was just the patrol helping out someone but then he realized that Lucas was speaking to the female with interest and did not think it would be fair of him to get in the way of their conversing. Demlin even though respecting the other squires decision felt it was wrong, Lucas seemed to be confusing duty with attraction. Knowing Lucas for a long time the only reason Demlin did not chastise the fellow knight was because he had a found respect for Lucas. Demlin had seen that Lucas is someone with personality, fights for what he believes in and that is what he was doing now was no different, besides he thought at least he was not leaving his path of duty to get to know the girl.

Having a closer look at the girl when she had responded to them, and toyed with his fellow squire, Demlin noticed she was tough despite her size. She had a thick resistant skin from her homeland and was not human, in fact Demlin had only really seen a Chaktawe a couple times before but had learned alot about them in his classes as a knight. They had learned of the races before and he was curious, which of the tribes was she raised in? He concluded it could not be the Tatsuwaat for she was not from the woods.
Demlin
Squire

Character sheet

Postby Lucas Arias on February 17th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Lucas tried to pronounce her name again. This time it almost sounded like her name, and he grinned. The grin disappeared again quickly however as she reached out to him and … poked his face? That was so weird that Lucas needed a few moments to make sure that it was really happening. Why was she poking his face? „Soft?“ he repeated and looked at her incredulously. „Milky? My skin is not soft and milky, thank you very much!“ he retorted. In his opinion only girls had soft and milky skin, and he was definitely not a girl!

His hair wasn’t the only thing that was red anymore. He blushed so much that his face resembled a tomato now. He was rather offended, but on the other hand she was a pretty and very exotic looking young woman! Should he do it? Should he? He thought about it for all of one second, and then he decided that since she had poked him, he was allowed to poke her as well. So he poked her face, only for a moment though.

He quickly withdrew his hand again and cleared his throat. „Right“, he murmurred. „The inn. You can either go to the White Swan which is very expensive, but the best that Syliras has to offer or rent a room at Traveler’s Row which isn’t quite as nice, but affordable. Maybe you could tell us a bit about the desert while we go there. If you aren’t too tired of course.“

He nodded at Demlin’s offer to carry her things. He even said, „Thank you!“ and smiled a little, since it seemed as if the other squire wouldn’t give him such a hard time after all. „You are Demlin, right?“ he asked, just to be sure. There were so many squires in Syliras recently that he confused their names occasionally.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Saadet Yilmaz on February 17th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Smiling at Demlin for offering to grab her things; she felt Lucas' cheek grow warm under her fingers. "Was that offensive to say?" she sort of frowned. As soon as her lips curled, and her brow furrowed; she felt his fingertips touch her face, and she jumped up a bit startled. She shouldn't be so frightned, she touched his face first. His hands were a little rough, but not as rough as her's. Her cheeks heated up. Shaking it off, she smiled awkwardly while stating "I don't have a lot of wages on my person. I'll maybe be able to afford a night or two.. but I'll need to find work soon." As they pressed on, she closely followed Lucas.

"Right! My home land.." she started, and began to explain everything from the Keerdash trees, to their ability to store water. "Our skin isn't very soft. Living in a desert does that, you know." She went on about her God, and Goddess; Makutsi, and Eywaat. Then explained about her father "My father taught me to hunt. I'm exceptionally great at it." She showed her bow that was on her back; Smiled, and then peacefully started to skip around like a child. Turning to the young men, she began to ramble "What of your land? Could you tell me more about this place? I've never seen anything like this. It's quite intriging, actually. Everything is so close together. It's very cold, as well. What kind of food do you eat here? Do you have a drinking age? What gods do you whorship?" she went on, and on with questions. Not realizing she might've been a pest. She couldn't help being so curious, though.
Saadet Yilmaz
<3

Character sheet

Postby Demlin on February 17th, 2012, 5:14 pm

Bending down to pick most of the stuff after Lucas agreed to him carrying the stuff, Demlin raised and waited for them to start making a pace toward an inn. Listening carefully to what Lucas advised, Demlin was curious because he had always just focused on training and where the places that were usefull to him were. The White Swan, if Lucas was telling the truth would be for the more wealthy such as merchants or those who have inherited from a long line of wealth. Then there was Traveler's Row, one for those who could care less about how there room looked, and was just planning on getting shelter for a bit, that or of course could only afford the smallest of bills.

Demlin had just heard the other squire ask his name, he was not offended there were many squires in Sylaris now and Demlin was not exactly one of the ones that stood out like Lucas was. Demlin just knew Lucas because his personality was not that of your average squire, he followed the rules he was given but that was it, beyond that he did not try to fit in with the regular squire honor type play most people went at. But neither did Demlin play at this, there were squires that did it to fit in and those raised to act as such, Demlin was an orphan raised by a lone knight who taught him how to not only defend himself, but to interact socially among society as a knight.

"Aye, I am Demlin, my apologies for not introducing myself before."

After saying this Demlin walked over to his horse, grabbing the reins ready to follow the other squire to whichever inn the girl chose. He hoped she would find the winter weather not uncomfortable, because it began to flurry lightly, small white flakes falling down, but melting as they touched the ground for it was not enough to stick. This was one of Demlins favorite part of winter, the snow was a beautiful sight, for it only came 1 season in the year.

Suddenly the girl got very hyper, and after explaining some about her land of course the parts Demlin already knew, she began asking them about our land, even though Demlin wanted to ask her of her past tribe if she was born into one he refrained wanting to just listen at the moment.
OOCHAHAHA I was just about to hit submit and you posted like a second before me so I decided to just reply to that too
Demlin
Squire

Character sheet

Next