Locations Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Locations Question

Postby Ispsyavinsens on February 15th, 2012, 4:16 am

Hello

I'm not sure if there's a standard way to handle this or not, but I was just wondering how travelling works within threads. Like, if people were going across town from a house to a shop, somewhere with an official location thread. Would one continue in the current active thread despite the set change, or would the action have to move to a new topic?

Danke.
Ispsyavinsens
Player

Words: 13492
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2012, 3:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Locations Question

Postby Kit on February 16th, 2012, 6:12 pm

It should be fine to leave it in the same thread. I've crossed town in one thread on many occasions...
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Locations Question

Postby Verilian on February 16th, 2012, 7:12 pm

You don't really ever have to post at a location thread unless you are wanting a moderator to respond to it, or for some reason the thread requires you to post there such as the front gates. But usually if you're going to be doing multiple posts in a location, or switching from location to location, it is best to create a thread of your own and just happen to be in that location.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)