[Residence] Shakah's Home

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Re: [Residence] Shakah's Home

Postby Hadrian on March 30th, 2010, 11:40 pm

All thoughts of the flute were set aside then as Hadrian's head cocked slightly to the side so he could peer closer at Shakah, adding that data to his small mental file on the half-Chaktawe un-reimancer. He was growing more and more interesting.

"Have you gone to see someone at the University about it?" he asked. "There are reimancers and aurists and healers... Between all of them, they should be able to fix it somehow. I mean, unless you like the effect. It isn't unpleasant in and of itself, but I imagine it would be difficult to do paperwork with you around."

He smiled at that, imagining a dust devil of papers flying off his desk if ever he invited Shakah into his home.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Shakah Doviaire on March 31st, 2010, 12:37 am

Shakah shook his head. "My father asked around, or so he said, and he turned up nothing back then... Maybe an magical item or something, but I can't afford something like that. It's just my punishment for not paying attention to my lesson, and for listening to the sweet whispers." He thought about trying to do things. "Well... It's not too bad. As long as I'm not too close to others' paperwork, though I've taken to keeping rocks for paper weights at my own home."

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. It gets chilly in the winter, but when I've been to the desert, I couldn't be happier."
Shakah Doviaire
Player

Words: 8634
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2010, 2:35 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on March 31st, 2010, 2:23 am

"Well, I'm going to ask some of my teachers and see if anyone has a clue." And already the wheels in his head were turning as he thought about the most elegant and efficient way to make an amulet that would allow Shakah to control his little curse, or even channel and store that energy for some other useful effect, like protection on his journeys to the desert or the like.

"Sorry. I just like a good challenge." He grinned. "Crafting materials?"
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Shakah Doviaire on March 31st, 2010, 7:03 pm

Shakah nodded. "Let's go." He went silent as they walked. He thought about what it'd be like to not have the wind constantly around him. It'd be interesting at first. Then he'd grow used to it, and then he'd probably lose whatever enchanted item helped him out to begin with. He frowned at that thought.

"You don't need to help me, you know. It's been a long time now. It might not be reversible at this point," he noted, not really having much understanding of the workings of reimancy.
Shakah Doviaire
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on March 31st, 2010, 7:54 pm

"Well, I'm not promising results," he said as the walked at a sedate pace back toward the street with the crafting supply store in its marketplace. "Only that I will ask questions of my professors; they are learned men and women who know more about the djed than anyone else I have met. Actually..." He paused in his dialogue for a moment, though he kept walking.

"Perhaps you could teach me reimancy. I mean, the way it was taught to you. And then I can explain that to them as well, which might help them ascertain whatever subtle thing went wrong. You see, I've never heard of this... companion wind as a side-effect of oversharing. I mean, it makes sense for an air-based mutation, but... Well, you think about it. I don't mind asking, and I don't mind learning your way of doing things. And perhaps going through the basics yourself might help you control it and then we won't even have to ask for help."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Shakah Doviaire on March 31st, 2010, 8:33 pm

Shakah chuckled. "I meditated alone, in a dark room, everyday for a week until I figured out where my talents lay. Reimancy is a difficult branch of personal magic. When you use your djed, you send it from the body. Reimancers can usually only usually turn their djed into one element at first. As they get better, they can work with two, like my father. The best are able to call around three. Only masters work with all four." He shook his head. "And it's overgiving. When a reimancer uses his djed for magic, he's using a part of him or her self. Too much strains the body, and can lead to some nasty side effects. A simple one is the Sweet Whispers, and it can happy in the early stages of straining. That's what I got. It's a self-caused hallucination, that makes you think you're fine, and that you can keep casting magic. That leads to worse things, even straight out death." He tried his best to explain it.

"Oh. And the initiation to learn it can kill you. You get cut with a knife in several places on your body, and then a stronger reimancer will force his djed into you for a few minutes, and then remove it. It's...painful, to say the least. I'm nowhere near competent enough to initiate you."

Shakah thought deeply for a long moment. "Though... Maybe I should think of going to the university to study it again... It might be useful to practice my combat skills."
Shakah Doviaire
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on March 31st, 2010, 10:22 pm

"I've... actually been initiated," he said, remembering the trauma of it; no pain, no gain. "Crafting is my forte, but I'm not leaving the university without being versed in all the disciplines. I'm actually better with the world magics, which are dangerous in a different way. And I think everyone has to deal with the sweet whispers from time to time...

"But you should come to the university. It isn't too late to sign up for spring term classes. And even if it was, you can usually do an independent study with someone."

[I still have to do the flashback posts to actually earn the skill points in reimancy and some of the other disciplines.]
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Shakah Doviaire on April 1st, 2010, 4:10 am

Shakah contemplated this. "Do I have to focus on something in particular?" Maybe I should take some classes. I should try to better my life. Maybe I should find a way to get paid too... "Actually... If it costs money, I'll need to find a way to make money."
Shakah Doviaire
Player

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on April 1st, 2010, 4:14 am

"Well, there are courses of study if you want to be, say a shipwright or an alchemist... But you are free to take classes to suit your pleasure, as well. You would have to talk to the registrar about costs, but I usually keep mine down by assisting professors. Some of them are good enough to work for, though some will really make you earn it..."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

[Residence] Shakah's Home

Postby Shakah Doviaire on April 1st, 2010, 10:01 pm

Shakah frowned. "I need a positive cash flow... I don't exactly have a job. That's why I was going to get crafting tools." He thought for a long moment. "What do the teachers usually have you do? I'm not exactly talented at much of anything."
Shakah Doviaire
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext