[Flashback] Rejected Saviour

Thelos reveals his power to save a girl

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Thelos Reignhold on February 18th, 2012, 6:29 am

OSummer 451AV

The night air was warm and accompanied by a cool breeze the blew in from the north. It was late most people were hunkered down for the night in their homes. Sunberth was a restless town and for most to be asleep it would have to be late. Thelos thought of Sunberth, he thought that it would undo itself and impload upon itself with anger and violence. The average man is weak and easily tempted to do wrong. The divine will not help him, the only faith you can have is in yourself. This was something he dearly believed in. He knew the Gods were real, but he believed that they could end much suffering yet choose not to get involved. Thelos was tired and he had made his way to the bay area of Sunberth. The drunken fish tavern lay just ahead and he intended to wait out the night there if possible.

He made his way inside and looked around. The place was full of drunk.bums, thugs, and sailors alike. No wonder the city looked empty, everyone was here. He tried to attract as little attention as possible and made his way to a table in the back that was empty. He sat there for a moment pondering if it was such a good idea to come here. He didn't want any conflict that would force him to reveal himself and this looked like just the kinda place that would cause that.

His thinking was interrupted by a voice "excuse me sir" he turned to see a young girl wearing a serving lady's uniform. The girl couldn't have been more than 17 or 18, what was she doing working in a place like this. "Would you like me to bring you some ale?" Thelos looked at her for a moment before shaking off his daze "no...no young one I do not drink ale" he said with a soft voice and a smile across his face. "Why did you come here if not to drink, this is a bar after all" she said. Thelos smiled and let and a slight laugh "well I believe you are right my dear, how about a glass of water". The girl smiled warmly at Thelos and left his table and returned with the water. The girl made regular intervals to Thelos' table throughout the night and they exchanged stories and thoughts, but they however were not to weary of the others around them.

A sailor grabbed the girl on her way back to the table. She struggled to get free but was not strong enough to break his grasp. "Let her go" Thelos spoke in a loud demanding voice. At this point Thelos knew what he had done. These weren't the people that let things go without getting violent. Maybe he had been foolish but it was too late now. He began to focus his djea on his right wrist. The warm tingling feeling let him know that it would not take long, but he didn't know if it would be soon enough. If he had to be would rip but that was a last resort. "What the hell did you say you old gezer" the sailor said motioning for his friend to take the girl. "I said let the girl go, she disentangle seem to like you company that much" Almost there it would only take a few more moments for him to safely complete the process. He could already feel the astral presence of his hand manafest itself and his physical one from numb. "That's it your done you old bastard!" The sailor ripped through the room and flipped Thelos stable. He then quickly reached for Thelos. There was a loud wack and crunching noise. The sailor stood there unmoving and then fell completely backwards and hit the groung with a crash. Thelos stood then and took a step towards the man holding then girl. The man seized up and began clawing at his neck like he couldn't breath he lifted into the air until only his ties touched the groung then was flung back into the wall where he collapsed. Thelos began once again concentrating. He brought back he astral had making sure to fully and safely conect it back.in place. He then looked at the girl and the fear in her eyes. It was an all to familiar sight. Thelos looked forward and walked into the night.
Thelos Reignhold
Player

Words: 3802
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 4:38 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ink on February 27th, 2012, 12:58 am

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Thelos :
Skills:
Intimidation 1
Projection 1
Observation 1

Special Notes: In the future please try to make your threads a little longer. Solos are expected to be at least a thousand words in length.

Also, please be sure to start a new paragraph every time a different person speaks.

One last thing, in Sunberth magic is -heavily- frowned upon. Please be more covert in your magic uses in the future or the NPCs might come and get ya!

Written in the ink :
If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)