Calla

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Calla

Postby Calla on February 20th, 2012, 12:13 am

Name: Calla

Physical Information:
Race: Kelvic ( Human/Wolf )
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair Color: A mingled collection of light brown, streaks of reddish brown and dark, almost black brown.
Eye Color: Golden
Skin tone: Pale

Languages:
Common - Fluent
Jamourian - Poor

Physical Description:
ImageAt three years of age, Calla has stopped growing after reaching the height of 5'10", most of that height held in her long legs. Her messy, mottled brown hair is cropped short to keep it out of her face and make it easier to manage, the cut choppy and mostly uneven since she does it herself. Her eyes remain golden in her human form and occasionally hold a predatory glint while watching the other individuals in her surroundings. Her strides are long and sometimes loping, much like those of her animal form. She tends to duck her head somewhat if she feels threatened or decides she's stalking something and isn't above letting loose a growl or baring her teeth at an offending individual. It may look and sound somewhat silly in her human form, but she can certainly back it up with a nasty bite when she is a wolf again. Her canine teeth are slightly longer and sharper than that of a normal human, as are her molars. The front-most teeth between her upper and lower canines are still as blunt as any normal human.

She keeps her clothing options simple for the sake of quicker shifts, should she need to change in a hurry. More often than not she sticks with a loose fitting white tank top and a pair of dark brown shorts, preferring to keep most of her skin exposed rather than covered. If she wears shoes they're short, simple brown leather boots. She goes barefoot whenever possible. A white pelt often adorns her shoulders, especially when in chillier climates. She has a red tattoo encircling the upper part of her right arm and occasionally applies red coloring across her eyes to match. Aside from being aesthetically pleasing to her, it can help cut down on glare from the sun and she believes it may come in handy as a camouflaging aid in certain areas. Red also tends to act as a warning color, often bringing to mind thoughts of blood and fights, which she appreciates.

While in wolf form, her golden eyes are still present and her pelt resembles her hair in a mishmash of red and brown hues. Her lower body is a lighter, reddish brown. Darker browns crown her head, running up her ears and creating a mask-like pattern around her eyes. The same darker colors spread out over her back and down her tail. Her legs in this form are long, just like her human form, and her build is slender. She's built more for speed than for brute strength, which can present just as much of an advantage in battle if used wisely.

Character Concept:
ImageUnlike her name, which means "Lily", Calla is anything but a delicate flower of a creature. She is very rough and tumble and hardly thinks twice about jumping into a brawl or exchanging biting words with a stranger if the mood strikes her. She's more than willing to defend herself, whether the threat be to her physical body or to her pride. She is at heart a predatory animal and has no qualms showing that to others.

Her actions run largely on instinct, which leads to a lot of fighting and can get her into some serious trouble if she reacts poorly in front of the wrong individual. Not that she really cares what anyone thinks of her. She has little worry or care for the rules of society and at times can't understand why something she's done is perceived as wrong or inappropriate for the situation. This leads to a lot of misunderstandings and sometimes hurt feelings as well.

As a creature that normally forms very strong social bonds in a pack, she is deeply protective of any individual she considers to be a friend, though as a lone wolf they are at times hard to come by. With that lone wolf attitude comes a defiance of anyone trying to assert dominance over her. She's used to caring for herself and making up her own rules and is largely unwilling to bend to the whims of a creature that sees itself as above her. She believes herself to be an alpha at heart and is willing to fight against any subservient role that one might attempt to thrust upon her.

This is not to say that she doesn't also feel the need to find a bondmate at some point in her lifetime. That deep-seeded desire to bond to another individual is still present within the lone wolf, though as a wolf the desire is not an all-consuming one. She could just as easily satisfy that need if she ever integrated herself into a Pack. Her personal rules against subservience would, of course, be waived for a bondmate once one is found. In a Pack, not so much.

Calla is a fighter at heart and loves a good brawl. She would gladly climb into a ring and duke it out with another individual, as she's heard is the practice in some regions. This is a great recipe for disaster, particularly if she tries to pick a fight with the wrong person. Having to stay on bed rest because she bit off more than she could chew is highly undesirable, though such consequences hardly ever cross her mind until she is trying to chew the chunk she's torn off.

Running is perhaps the only other pastime that rivals a good fight. There is nothing quite like a good run, particularly while in wolf form. Worries fall away and basic joy takes their place once a rhythm is found and she's free to run herself ragged with the wind in her fur and the sun, or even the moon, on her back. It's also a great chance to hunt down some small game to make a meal out of, bringing her two favorite pastimes together.

Confined spaces make her nervous. Whenever she's in a building of any sort she's constantly on the lookout for a window or a door that she can make use of as an escape route if necessary. While she does enjoy lazing around during a little down time, too much idleness drives her crazy. If stuck in one place for too long she begins to itch for the space to run and will often times grow aggressive even if the situation doesn't call for it because her nerves are beginning to wear thin.

Her diet is purely carnivorous in her wolf form, and only mostly so in her secondary shape. While in human form she favors rare meats but will occasionally partake in non-meat dishes if they smell appetizing enough. She shares the Jamourian love of honey and all things sweet.

Religion is not something the actively practices. The closest she comes is displaying a deep respect and some level of reverence toward two deities in particular: Caiyha the Goddess of Flora and Fauna, and the warrior Goddess - Queen Myri.

Character History:
Calla was born out of a pairing between two Kelvics, her wolf mother, and her badger father. It was clear that she took after her mother when it came to her shifting abilities, but her nature as a fighter was inherited by her father. That aggressiveness was the cause of a lot of strain between the older pair and a true relationship was never fully able to take hold, though to say they didn't care of each other would be untrue.

The young Kelvic was raised to the best of the quarreling parents' abilities and had little trouble setting out on her own after her first year had passed. Her father taught her how to fight and survive when things got rough, and her mother focused more on learning the ins and outs of both her forms as she grew, as well as a basic education.

For a while she visited often as homesickness or childish apprehension over traveling too far struck, though those visits became fewer and further apart as the seasons passed.

Her last visit home followed an unnerving letter from her father in which he hinted that something unfortunate had happened but would not say exactly what in writing. As it turned out her mother had been killed by a passing hunting party, the individual that took her down having mistaken her for a wild animal, rather than a Kelvic. Her father had not taken it well and had quickly retaliated against the offending individual when he was alone.

Calla was presented with a white pelt that had been taken from her mother's body. She was very unnerved by the gesture and tried to refuse, but her father wouldn't be swayed. He believed it would somehow keep her closer to the family and had insisted that keeping it in his possession would drive him mad. She reluctantly accepted and over time grew used to the notion of carrying it around. Eventually she fashioned a mask to the pelt as another means of wearing it and has carried it with her in the remaining years.

She never went to visit her father again after that incident. He had been highly aggressive on his calmer days, and even she was worried about what might come of a visit while he was grief-stricken. She took the opportunity to fully set out on her own, eventually making her way into The Spires and settling there.

Special Skills:
Brawling - (10/100) (10 pts starting package)
Hunting - (20/100 - +10 pts racial bonus)
Running - (10/100) (10 pts starting package)
Trapping - (5/100) (5 pts starting package)
Intimidation - (10/100) (10 pts starting package)
Wilderness Survival - (5/100)(5 pts starting package)
Heightened senses while in human form with an emphasis on smell, followed closely by hearing.

Earned Skills:
N/A

Lore:
Lore of The Spires Layout (starting package)
Getting Out of a Tough Scrape Alive (starting package)

Equipment/Possessions:
ImageA simple, baggy white tank top
A pair of simple, dark brown shorts.
One pair of short, simple boots.
A dark brown cloak. (abandoned in Spires)
A wooden mask attached to a white wolf pelt that acts as a cloak (family heirloom).
Backpack containing one waterskin, one comb and one brush (both wood) (abandoned in Spires), soap, a razor, one week's balanced rations, an eating knife, and flint & steel.

Ledger:
100 gold mizas

Housing:
Most nights Calla prefers to sleep outdoors on the forest floor while in her fur. However, not every season and every change in the weather is pleasant to endure, particularly while trying to rest.

To accommodate her in such conditions, she's claimed a basic living space in the Residential Neighborhood in the Inner Petals of The Spires. It is the very definition of bare bones. She hasn't bothered with any decoration, instead making due with a small table and chair, a hearth, a bunk, and a chest to keep any belongings in. She allows the local fauna to do its own form of decorating with her abode, rather than go out of her way and try to make something on her own. She sees it as more of a temporary lodging, anyhow. The open windows and lack of a door suit her and her distrust of enclosed spaces perfectly.

Thread List:
N/A

Theme Song :

Bryan Adams - You Can't Take Me
Last edited by Calla on April 26th, 2012, 5:32 am, edited 12 times in total.
Calla
The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul

Words: 21243
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Calla

Postby Ghost on February 21st, 2012, 6:11 pm

Liaison Intervention
Hello!

I’m Ghost, and I’m a Character Sheet Liaison. I’m here to help others with their Character Sheets and the Lore.

I really like your Character Sheet. :)

I’ve just found two small things that you should fix. First of all you can simply rename „Wilderness Survival (Forest) to „Wilderness Survival“. There is one wilderness survival skill for everything.

Secondly „Knowledge of Wilderness Survival (Taldera)“ is too general. The lore should be about a single wilderness survival technique.

Send me a PM when you have editted your Character Sheet, and I’ll remove this intervention. Have fun in Mizahar and don’t hesitate to PM me if anything is still unclear or you have questions.

Ghost
CS Liaison

Words: 53983
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 6:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Calla

Postby Calla on March 3rd, 2012, 8:31 pm

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Calla.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
Just Calla will do, thank you.

3. How old are you?
I'm three years old, which I guess is roughly early twenties in human years.

4. What is your height?
5'10"

5. What is your weight?
130 lbs., mostly muscle.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I'm a lone wolf. I keep mostly to myself and I don't allow anyone to tell me what to do. I'm also a great fighter and a survivor. Try to kick me when I'm down and see what happens.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.

I'm not really positive on this one. I would assume they don't see me too much differently than I see myself. The lone wolf. The fighter. A little on the feral side. Quiet and unafraid to bite.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
I like my eyes. I think the golden color is just beautiful and the way it unnerves some people can be amusing.

4. How physically fit are you?
Fit enough to kick your ass and keep going.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

Simple. Tank top, shorts. I never wear shoes unless I absolutely have to. The white pelt is almost always with me, unless it becomes too hot outside to wear it. If I'm by myself I'm not at all opposed to going au naturel. It tends to be frowned upon by others in public for some reason, though.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My father was highly aggressive and very eager to teach me how to fight and defend myself. He did have a soft side when it came to my mother, but it was usually only displayed behind closed doors. I was someone to spar with as much as I was someone to care for.

My mother was much more stable aggression-wise than my father way. She was more of a stoic type, quietly observing and offering her two cents when she saw fit. She did have a terrible bite, though, if pushed far enough. I learned that one the hard way.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
No, I'm an only child.

3. What is your extended family like?
I don't know my extended family.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?

Friends are just as important as family.

5. Do you treat animals like family?
Yes, I do. When I'm not hunting them, that is. I'm an animal, too, after all.

Syliras, but we wandered, so I didn't grow up there entirely.

2. Where do you live now?
I live in and around The Spires.

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I like it in The Spires, but I'd also like to travel more some day. If I find somewhere I like more than where I am, then I'll stay there.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
Anywhere out in the wilderness where I can run and hunt and enjoy being the wolf I am.

5. Where do you fear to be?
Caged.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I do not.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common fluently, as well as most canine languages. I also speak very poor Jamourian in order to get around the city I live in.

I don't think I have an accent, though at times there is a definitive growl to my tone.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I tend to growl or bare my teeth at any offending individual. I can't help but duck my head if I'm stalking someone or if I become wary of an individual. I also pace a lot when I'm indoors. I don't like enclosed spaces.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I have a red band tattooed on my upper right arm. Part of it was that I wanted something to remind me of my mother, aside from the pelt. A blood-red band seemed appropriate considering the unfortunate fate she met. I also find it simple and aesthetically pleasing.

My ears are pierced for purely aesthetic reasons.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
Currently unemployed.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?

I enjoy not working.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I think working as a mercenary would be fun. I could fight as much as people were willing to hire me for, and I'd get paid for it. Paid to hunt and fight! What could be better?

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
See above.

5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
Scholarly occupations. All those books and all that reading? Ugh. No thank you.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I've been told I was a bit of a brat. I was always wandering off or baiting my parents, trying to get a reaction out of them, particularly my father. If I pushed just he right buttons I could easily get a wrestling match out of it. It might be an odd way to interact with one's parents, but it was still bonding.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
Learning how to hunt with my mother. My father had very differnet foraging methods, and being a wolf my mother was more capable of teaching me. I think I spent more time runing in circles than actually stalking anything.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
Being bitten by my own parents. Sometimes an attempt to persuade a wrestling match from my father or to wriggle out of any studying from my mother earned me a set of teeth in my skin for being so difficult. It hurt, and I don't enjoy the memories, but I certainly learned my lessons.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
Rough but loving. My father was very gruff and had a hard time showing any sort of tender emotions and affection, but I know he cared for me. My mother was more easily able to express that care, but I know that doesn't mean she loved me any more than he did. I loved them back, and I still do.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Is it cliche to pick a deity? Maybe? Oh well.

I really do admire the Goddess-Queen Myri. She's so fierce and so unstoppable. She's amazing, really. I could only hope to be so fearsome in my wildest dreams, while at the same time so very caring as she is for her people.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
A very basic one. Compared to some of the other races, I guess it could be considered a poor education, even. I can read, but only very slowly and large words give me trouble. Writing is more difficult.

2. Do you like/dislike learning?

It depends on the method. Books are entirely uninteresting. Learning though action is more my style.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?

I learned with the aid of my parents and by doing things for myself.

4. How do you learn best?
By doing.

5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I don't really have any. Formal education doesn't really interest me. If it's something to do with the wilderness or with hunting, I'll sit and listen to what someone has to tell me, but I get restless quickly.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I can if I decide I like someone. Being a loner makes it somewhat difficult to make friends. Some people are also nervous around wolves.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
If they don't smell suspicious I do. My nose and my gut are usually pretty good at telling me when someone is off and when I should probably watch my back. Aside from that, if no one gives me a reason to distrust them, then there's no need for it.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?

Straight.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
The possibility of one getting his face bitten off tends to scare away any would-be Romeos.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I have not. See 'being kissed'.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
I have, once in a while. It was fun the first time, though a little unnerving as well. I didn't like how the floor kept heaving under my feet and my nerves were very quickly frayed. I think I got into a fight at some point, too, because I was so unsteady and that made me nervous and kind of insecure. The morning after wasn't entirely pleasant, either.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Not on a regular basis, no. I'm more of an occasional drinker. I don't like how it messes with my head and ruins my coordination.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?

Anything mixed with something sweet.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
I have not. I have little interest in drugs.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
I think they're something to partake in on occasion, and in a safe environment. It can be a lot of fun to experience the side effects, but only if you feel secure. I know from experience with alcohol at least. Nervousness can quickly lead to defensiveness and before you know it all hell can break loose.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Running, hunting, and brawling.

2. Do you like to read?
Maybe if I was better at it I would enjoy it more. With my current capabilities, it's too tedious to be enjoyable.

3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Cowardice.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Running. There's nothing better than completely exhausting yourself with a long run and then collapsing wherever you stop. There's something very soothing about the dull ache that settles over all my muscles and the hum in my ears as my heart pounds and my blood rushed through my system.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
There's not a whole lot that can embarrass me. I'm very comfortable in my own skin. Getting my ass handed to me in a fight is mortifying, though. Getting lost would be pretty terrible, too. With a nose like mine, losing my way is pretty pathetic.

Having to submit to anyone is also kind of embarrassing. I've spent a lot of time nurturing my sense of independence and dominance. Being an alpha and having to take orders is very degrading.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I love red. It's so exciting, and such a passionate color. Other earthy tones are nice, too.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
Either dusk or early morning. It's nice and quiet and I can listen to everything around me without the interruption of the different people moving around in the city. It's usually somewhat chilly and makes me want to get up and move. The stars and the moon are often just peeking out and everything just feels right.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
So far, I think it's The Spires. The way the people integrate themselves and the city into nature is just amazing

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
Raw or undercooked meat is my favorite. I also like sweet things. The Jamourians hit gold when they found honey. Plain veggies are pretty nasty, though. Yuck.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

A clear day with just a hint of rain in the air, signaling either an incoming storm or one that just passed. The actual storms make me uncomfortable. The thunder hurts my ears and the lighting creates harsh shadows that make me jump. Those are the days I stay at home in the cottage.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic.

2. What are your religious views?
I don't practice any religion. I have a deep respect for Myri and Caiyha, though.

3. Would you be able to kill?
Absolutely.

4. What are your views on sex?

It's supposed to be between to people that love each other, or so I've been told. I guess the same principles I have regarding alcohol pretty much cover the issue of sex as well. It's fun and it's something to indulge in on occasion, but only in a safe environment and with someone you trust. Too much of a good thing can turn out to be a bad thing, though.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Doing what you love to do and finding some way to prosper from it. I'm perfectly happy living as I am, even if I don't have a job and only a poor education to my name. It's about being able to think highly of yourself at the end of the day and to be satisfied with your choices.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
I don't really think I've done anything terrible or extraordinary yet.

2. What is your greatest regret?
I feel like I left home just a little too soon. Things might have been different if I had stayed even a few more months.

3. What is your best/worst memory?

My worst memory is probably having to go back home after the incident with my mother. I'm never going to forget the way my father looked and acted. It was heartbreaking.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I would prefer if my mother was still alive. I miss her.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
I haven't done a whole lot with my life just yet. I only just set out on my own not too long ago, so there aren't a whole lot of adventures attached to me yet.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Very. Why should I censor myself to avoid hurting someone's feelings? Either they like me for exactly who I am, or they don't. It's not worth my time and effort to try and curb my personality flaws to get public approval.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Cats. They stink. Ick.

3. What makes you happy?
Freedom, being able to act how I want to, being my own person, losing myself in the basic pleasures of being a Wolf.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?

Anyone I might care for. My pride and my beliefs. Freedom.

5. What makes you angry?
You don't have enough time or patience to read that list, believe me.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
As they treat me, mostly. Don't step on my tail and I won't bite.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Right now, my father, since he's the only family I have.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My father's pretty high up on the list. Myri has a lot of my admiration as well.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
No, I don't.

Well, I think one of the most important things for someone that might wish to fill that position is acceptance. I may look human sometimes, but I'm an animal and it's important to accept that part of me, just as one would accept the human part. That includes understanding and accepting the way I act at times and the way I see the world. Respect is important, too. I pride myself on being able to take care of myself and on being an individual. I can't have someone who tries to smother that part of me.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

I don't need protection.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Conflict is part of who I am. I act as my instincts instruct and that's not always the best course of action in social interactions. I may be just a little bit too eager over the notion of a fight, too.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I don't try to lead anyone that I don't consider Pack. I'm more of a loner. My nose may be long at times, but I don't always stick it where it doesn't belong. More often than not I seem to be opposing leadership.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?

I do at times because it's something different from being off by myself. I do enjoy social interaction, since I'm a social animal at heart. However, it can get a little overwhelming sometimes and the trouble I seem to attract or invite isn't always welcome.

4. Do you care what others think of you?

Not really, no.

5. What do you think of others, in general?

They're alright by me so long as they don't go out of their way to make my life difficult.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I suppose it could be my independence or my determination.

2. What is your greatest weakness?
I'm much too easily goaded into trouble.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I like me the way I am, thanks.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?

Extroverted.

5. Are you generally organized or messy?
I don't really have enough belongings for my living area to get messy, so organized, I guess.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Myri and Caiyha.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
Rhysol.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
Nope.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
I don't really follow any deities, just respect some, so I don't feel it's necessary to go out of my way to try and please any of them.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
Well, self-harm would probably be a deal breaker.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
I live for the thrill of living and of being who I am.

2. What is the best part of life?
Being a Wolf is pretty damn great. Running, hunting, howling, there's so much of it to love.

3. What is the best part of death?

Resting and giving back to the earth, which nurtures me. It's a very pretty cycle, really, even if the thought is kind of unnerving at times.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?

Fighting for what I believe in.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Being fierce, a fighter, someone that commands respect and can't be tamed.
Calla
The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul

Words: 21243
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2012, 11:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet