Field Trip (Jaeden & Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 13th, 2010, 5:22 am

"Fair enough," he said, and went to saddle Horse. "Though if I have Horse, I should probably take the farther ones..." But he let it go. That just meant he could be back earlier to guard the elk meat from any exceptionally bold predators; and he had met several people in the environs of Syliras, so he was sure there were some who wouldn't bat an eyelash at stealing someone else's catch if they weren't around to guard it.

"Watch this," he said to Jaeden. "There'll be a test later." He ran from across the clearing, and vaulted up into Horse's saddle. It was either a testament to Horse's strength or Sam's lack of regular meals that the animal didn't even grunt at impact. He grinned. "I'll meet you back here, then. Just going to collect and come back, do the skinning here. It'll be more comfortable."

With that, Horse followed the invisible directive of pressure from Sam's legs and trotted off toward a game trail that would lead him to his first snare.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 14th, 2010, 4:59 am

Jaeden just smirked as Sam rode into the forest to check on the traps. “Watch this he says.” Jaeden said casually as he continued to cut slices to dry out into jerky. “I’ll just let him collect on all the traps and relax a little back here at camp. Sucker.”

Jaeden just snickered lightly as he kept an eye on the cooking meat, turning it now and then while occasionally added some spices. The amount of meat he had to dry out would take at least three days using a fire. He wondered if Sam would stick around that long.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 14th, 2010, 7:17 am

It was practically dark when Sam finally returned, an amused smirk on his face. From atop Horse, he tossed the catch into Jaeden's lap, then slid down lightly to his feet, a feat practiced thousands of times.

"Two foxes, a rabbit, and a pheasant. No wolves. All the traps are set again, so you can do the checking tomorrow while Horse and I run into town."

He wasn't mad, though; couldn't be. He laughed and pulled Horse's saddle off.

"Do you want to learn to groom a horse before we skin those or do you want a duel first?"

His stomach, though, was already growling. Stupid Jaeden.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 15th, 2010, 2:07 am

“No sparring or riding for tonight.” Jaeden said, laying a plate of meat in front of Sam. “We’ve had a long and decent day of hunting. The night is about enjoying the spoils.”

Jaeden was in the process of shoveling food of his own into his mouth as he looked over the successes that some of the traps had. Then looked over to Sam, swallowing a large bite of food. “You want to take some of the fresh meat with you to sell? I’ve put some of it into your preservation packs, so it’ll keep until you reach the city.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 15th, 2010, 10:19 pm

"All right," he said, laughing. Setting Horse off to crop the grass, he settled down to eat while his food was hot. "Sure, sure. Might as well take some in. It isn't so hot yet that the meat will spoil. And if you need anything from town, I'll bring it back with me. Horse can carry all the smoked meat when it's done. No sense using the sled when we've got him to help."

And then he fell to eating with the gusto of youth, and all he could do was listen and grunt responses until it was gone.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 15th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Jaeden shook his head slightly. “The first batch won’t be done until tomorrow night,’ Jaeden commented as he took another mouthful of meat into his mouth. “Some of the regular meat will be fine as it will sell for the same equivalent as jerky would. Overall, when it’s finally dried out, it won’t weigh as much. A good portion of it I’m just drying out anyhow to replace rations.”

Jaeden slowly leaned back along his pack, slowly falling into a state of relaxation as he released a slow exhale. “So, what are your grand plans for life Sam?” Jaeden asked curiously, making idle conversation.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 16th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Sam was sort of lazy; he had come to depend on Horse to do all the heavy lifting, even if, as Jaeden said, it wouldn't be all that heavy. He ate more food because it was still there and he was always hungry.

"No plans, really. Don't die yet. Does that count? What about you? I mean, other than making baby Jaedens on accident."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 17th, 2010, 5:29 am

Jaeden’s eyes narrowed as he looked upward in recollection while chewing some food. “I don’t have any children…………………. I think.” Jaeden said before giving a slight shake of his head. “No real plans or grand goals myself either. Just one day at a time. I’m content to just live life in a fun way and occasionally hinder the random slaver.”

Jaeden then bit down on the last bit of food on his plate. Chewing it slowly before releasing a slow sigh after swallowing. “Why anyone would want to be in charge of a city or nation is beyond me though. It’s like listening to a bunch of kids screaming, “I want” and then trying to give it to them just so they’ll shut up and give you some peace and quiet.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 17th, 2010, 7:31 am

"What about random slavers?" he asked, not quite finished with a mouthful of food. "And running a city?"

So far as he knew, nations didn't quite exist anymore. With the post-Valterrian population, city-states were the best people could come up with, government-wise.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 18th, 2010, 12:47 am

Jaeden motioned back towards the direction of Syliras. “You’ve got a big citadel like Syliras,” Jaeden replied as he set his plate aside. “Sure, it’s spacious enough right now, but such places grow over time. Eventually, populations will grow beyond it’s walls. Someone will eventually have to take on the role of leadership.”

Jaeden took another quick sip from his water skin before dragging his wrist along his lips. “The dangers of this area aren’t so much the animals and wild life, as they are other humans and other races living in the area. Trafficking the lives of others for labor, sport or sex has always been profitable for some, and people looking to abduct those simply traveling for such purposes are out there.” Jaeden then explained about the slavers. “I come across them sometimes, try to make things a little difficult for them.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext