I'll be the fool to get in your way [Siarak]

Meeting of two new rommates

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Lyam on February 24th, 2012, 9:39 am

Winter 84, 511 av

I finally gave the secretary the gold he wanted and he indicated me where to go to find the dormitory and my room. I thanked him and turned on my heels. I hesitated to go directly on my room; after all, I had nothing to leave there and it was too early to go and sleep. But my curiosity finally lead me through the campus and then the corridors of the university dormitory. I had no problem to find the room thanks to the man’s indications. I didn’t knock, nor used any key; we were expected to respect property on our own. If I had well understood, the dormitory were never locked, so that the students could come and go with ease and without any restriction – excepted, of course, the respect of the others. I found it very cool.

I opened the door with awe. The room was quite big and clear and well furnished. It looked very cosy. But… was that a bag? It took me few seconds to realize I was in a twin room. Oh god no. I was to go back to the office but the door opened again and a man entered the room.

“Er, hello” I said in a gentle smile. “I’m Lyam. I was told to come here but obviously it should be a mistake. I’m going to the office to rearrange that.”

But I didn’t move a single inch because my new roommate didn’t leave me the time to.

Exams period, sorry for all the people who are waiting for me!
Lyam
Silenced by the night

Words: 88344
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on February 25th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Putting his trench coat on Siarak was planning to go a shop he heard about. The shop was called Marcel's Magical Supplies, and sense they didn’t have anything like it back in Sylira Siarak couldn’t help but be a little curious about. Thinking he was ready he turns to leave. Opening the door to and not for the first time wishing there was a lock on it as he close it, he would fix that the moment he get better at shielding he thought smugly. He was on his way to the exit of the dormitories, about half way there he just remember something checking his inner pockets of his coat, and cursing to himself he realized that he forgotten his money bag back in his rooms. Walking quickly back to his rooms causing his coat to flare out around his legs. Ignoring the people his passed got back toward his rooms. Getting there upon opening the door SIarak eyes turn bright blue with shock slowly smelting in to red, with finding a stranger in his rooms. “Who are you and what you doing in my room” he ask while listening to what the man who name he learn was Lyam had to say. Looking this Lyam over couldn’t help but feel there was something animalistic about him especially his eyes. Lyam seam friendly infer and this is a twin room so there no point in not sharing it, and besides he’s kind of cut. When Laym brought about changing rooms Siarak couldn’t help but interject “You will do no such thing” Siarak said calmly his eyes turning brown to match his voice. “This room his big infer for both of us” he said “by the way I’m Siarak” he shook Laym. Letting go of it he took off his coat leavening only his red tunic on and black pants. “Shell we take a seat and get to know one another?” He gesture with his right and while holding his coat with his left.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak
I am not to be trifled with

Words: 26848
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2011, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 26th, 2012, 8:35 am

I peered at the man with attention, and so did he in return. There was no rudeness but only curiosity. I noticed first his long brown hairs and strange red eyes that fit perfectly well with his shirt. He was not much taller than me and seemed to be as muscled. My eyes went back to his face when he proposed me to take a seat, and I frowned. I would have sworn that his eyes were red, in fact there were brown. Was it the different light that disturbed me? I was not used to fail with my wolf’s excellent vision. Anyway.

We both sat on a different bed – I guessed I was sitting on mine now – but none of us was speaking. He should be as disrupted as I was. But he looked at me with insistence, as if I should be the one to speak first. I didn’t know what to say, so I tried to begin

“Er… so I’m Lyam and… Well I’ve never shared anything with anyone simply cause I don’t own anything and don’t like to stop somewhere very long. All of this is quite new for me in fact.”

I didn’t want to explain him that I was use to sleep outside in the forest, nor that I was half-wolf or else. He would soon discover it anyway.

“So I’m here to learn how to fight with a two-bladed sword and I’ve registered in the herbalism class too. I know” I added when I saw his surprised face “It’s not the same at all. But I’ve found a job in the town as an apprentice herbalist, so I’d like to improve my knowledge.”

I looked at him with a smile “And you? What are you doing here?”

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on February 28th, 2012, 4:03 am

OOC(Sorry if this a little weak sleepy on my end here :disgust: )
While getting himself comfortable on his bed, Siarak had a feeling that that Lyam was a little unease about this whole situation which became clear with the long pause, before he told Siarak about himself. Will Siarak was listening to Lyam he was getting to know him with his eyes as well as his ears. He took note of Lyam short dark hair and his strange shade green gold eyes which is something you don’t see in a common human. He also notice Lyam muscled build because of which he wasn’t surprise when Lyam told him he wanted to train in two-bladed sword. What really shock him was when Lyam brought herbalism personal Siarak couldn’t see him in a garden and mixing herbs. And it must have shown on his face sense Lyam gentle pointed it out. Afterword’s Siarak waited patiently for Lyam finish. When he asked what Siarak himself was doing at the university. Pausing for a moment Siarak doesn’t normally just tell anyone that he use magic, sense living in Syliras and doing so can make life difficult. But this is Zeltiva not Syliras Siarak thought, but saying out loud “Well my I’m taking shielding voiding and some glyphing classes”. Looking Lyam in the eyes his own turn still gray with weariness of his reaction “You see I practice the arcane arts” he said with a weak smile.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 29th, 2012, 3:40 pm

I couldn't believe my roomate was a kind of wizard. Arcane arts, it sounded so cool to me! But his weak smile told me that obviously everybody was not so enthousiastic about magic than I was. I looked at him with a new smile:

"Magic... you're so lucky. I guess you have great powers, haven't you? It should be difficult to improve them."

I paused as I saw his eyes were no more brown but gray. Ok, I was no fool, and my eyes were seing very well. I thought a moment and finaly realized that Siarak should be a... well, I'd forgoten the name, but I knew that certain races in Mizahar got this particularity of changing-colored eyes. It was just... both scary and fun. Anyway, something else was disturbing me:

"If you learn glyphing... then you certainly know how to read and write?"

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on March 3rd, 2012, 5:24 am

At first it Siarak a pause it’s not often he receive such praises of his arcane talents. Laughing a little with what Laym said “I’m not ALL powerful I just know something’s to get by” Siarak said trying to sound a little humbly. When Laym ask him does he know to read and write he can help but be feel a little confuse by such a curious question. Answering anyway Siarak said “Yes I can reand and write in both the Common and Ancient tongue why do you ask?” he finished.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on March 3rd, 2012, 8:18 am

Siarak was humble, or was trying to be so, but it was too late for me not to find him cool. And when he nodded and said that yes, he knew the art of the letters, it illuminated my eyes. A new hope, finaly. Trying not to feel ashame, I asked "Would teach me?". He was already surprise by my first question, but this one was far worse! He was very confuse so I continued "You know I... I've never need it before, and no one has ever taught me to. But now, as an apprentice herbalist, I need to write everything I could in a kind of journal; to improve my knowledge you see? And of course, being able to read books in the library... well, you know what I mean."

I looked at him, hoping he will accept even if I could certainly give nothing to him in return. What could a man like him need?

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on March 6th, 2012, 3:08 am

Blinking for a few second’s with in shock, which was echoed by the light blue of his eyes Siarak thought for a moment there that he misunderstood with what Laym asking of him. He wants me to teach him to read and write Siarak thought this is a little weird. But after hearing Laym explanation that no on taught him how to read Siarak couldn’t help but feel outrage on Laym behalf he felt that knowledge is sacred and is wrong that someone kept that from Laym by not teaching him to read he thought they should be flay alive. That the and reason’s Laym gave him for wanting to lean was the motives for his reply “If it mean so much to you I think I will teach you” he he added almost as afterthought “And how you going to repay well I think we can work something out” he said with golden eyes.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on March 6th, 2012, 5:35 pm

OOCMy name is Lyam not Laym ^^

I sighed with relief when his eyes finally turned gold and he accepted my request. To him knowledge was certainly one of the most important things of life and here laid my chance. “Thank you dude” I said “I hope that one day I’ll be able to help you so much in return.” I hated to owe someone something but for once I didn’t mind. Siarak was the first guy I met that was able and disposed to help me. And I could not afford continuing like that, unable to read anything else than a map. “So” I added “Dyou have a moment you would prefer? I don’t want to disturb you.”

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siarak on March 17th, 2012, 5:11 am

Giving a low chuckle Siarak couldn’t help but be amused by Lyam exhilaration over Siarak teaching him to read. “I sure you while pay me back but for now let’s just work getting you literate shall we” Siarak said when Lyam brought up paying him back. Not that he isn’t going to hold Lyam to his promise someday, there may come a time that Siarak may need to call upon it. “Whenever you are feeling ready, I can make time to teach you my schedule isn’t full” Siarak pointed out and if it was he don’t doubt that he could find time for Lyam.
Siaraks speaks
Familiar(Vex) Speaks
Telepathy speaks to Vex
Siarak

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next