Last Light

[Iolite Maelstrom // Southern Suvan] Always, always, life goes on.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Last Light

Postby Trident on February 26th, 2012, 12:23 am

Timestamp: 94th Winter 511 A.V.

"My dear...it is time to awake."

The first thing Iolite would feel was pain. Aching, breaking, pain. It was in her head, in her toes, and everything in between. And yet, resting on top of that, like a healing salve, was love.

Her head was being propped up by a hand that felt incredibly warm. When she opened her eyes, the Svefra would see a face smiling down on her. Passionate affection danced in Her golden eyes, hair like sunbeams fanning down from Her head to surround Iolite's face like a protective shield. Sunlight bathed them both in a glorious halo, illuminating the perfect nature of the One who looked down upon Iolite with such tenderness.

Behind the heavenly figure was a shuddering contrast. The room around them both was grimy and small. A sway that belonged only to seaward ships rocked the cabin back and forth, back and forth. Behind Her, faces crowded around Iolite, anxiously looking at the Svefra woman. They could not see the One that held Iolite in Her arms, but they could feel the presence; maybe it was the spate of light that filled the room, a room that should have been considerably darker given it had only one small window, barred; or maybe it simply the feeling of empowerment each of those downtrodden men and women felt, when they should have felt nothing more than pain and anguish. In one way or another, they each felt the presence that had filled this room.

"Shh...do not speak." A voice, mellifluous, dulcet, spoke for Iolite's ears alone. "You must conserve your strength."

A smile, infinitely proud and infinitely sad, ruled a golden visage. "Dear child, you do not know me, but I have watched over you since you were but a babe. I was there with you, through all of your highs and all of your lows. I was at your side when you first bonded with your tavan. I comforted you when Willow died. I cheered when you chose Penelope and Penelope chose you. Always, always, I have been here for you. And I will be here for you now, as you face the greatest trial of all."

Gently, Iolite's head was lowered the wooden floor below. "Know this, my daughter," Her face drew close to Iolite's: a kiss graced the Svefra's brow. "I will always be with you."

And then, She was gone, fracturing into daylight and being swept away by an attendant wind. And with Her went the sunshine. In the small cabin, darkness took back what it had originally claimed. Without Her presence to keep them at bay, the wretched surrounded Iolite. They crowded against her, and in tongues both familiar and unknown, pressed her for details.

"A Goddess herself..." one woman muttered in tradespeak, "...And here I was thinking the Gods had all but forgotten above us."

"Tell me, girl," another, speaking in Common, demanded of Iolite, "Why does one of Them visit you and you alone?! I mean, petch, what about the rest of us-"

"Leave the woman be." An older voice, full of leadership and command, drawled. "Give her some space, let the woman tell her story." The others submitted to this voice, moving away from Iolite. Into her view, an older man entered. While mere threads clothed his body, his body was strong and his skin deeply tanned. Above a face lined by experience, sharp blue eyes twinkled.

"Now tell us, sister, how does one aboard a slave ship garner the attention of Syna Herself?"

Development ThreadDS OfficeSuvan SeaSuvan Sea Lore

---

Accepting more moderated threads now on a limited basis. PM me for more information.
Trident
Welcome to no man's land

Words: 105060
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 3:58 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)