The End. [OOC]

In which we discuss the doom of Denval.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

The End. [OOC]

Postby Tabarnac on March 14th, 2012, 3:40 am

Denval: Defend Yourself

So I assume you have all read this.

Herein I will attempt to fill in some holes for you, and you can feel free to post specific questions here. If the answer is already in the link, I will punch you in the face. Wait, hold on... Okay, Paragon says I can't punch you in the face, but I will want to. A lot. But do post your questions here. Others might benefit from the answers and that will prevent repeating.

For those involved in the End Game quests regarding the destiny of the Solduvan Stone, you can assume in Spring threads that the threat has been, at least temporarily, defused, but try to write around the actual details until they are set in stone. I am going to post to the thread tonight, and hopefully we can expedite them. I hate loose ends and continuity headaches.

• Denval's forum will remain open for Spring 512 threads and then, when we switch to Summer 512, it will remain open for Flashbacks.
  • There is a slim possibility that we will hold Denval open as a floating city of boats, but that is not a sure thing. For the time being, plans end at the fleet's arrival at Zeltiva. (It's kind of like Battlestar Galactica, except Gossamer wouldn't let me have a fleet of Cylon golems. Because she hates me.)
  • If you want seasonal XP or income for Winter 511, please PM me or put your request in my office.
  • 1st Spring -- Storm hits. Many with various gnoses felt warnings the way animals can feel an earthquake coming. One mark would mean vague foreboding. Two, an urgent need to get underground and warn others to do the same. Luckily, Haimon, Cian, Augus, Emereki, and Justus are heavily marked and were able to institute a strict curfew. Astrid went into labor, quick, painful, but producing a healthy daughter with the help of Cian Noc and Caelum.
  • 2nd Spring -- Worst of storm abates. It's always martial law in Denval, but a curfew is put into place. Nobody is allowed out after dark. Those necessary for important council are called in to Astrid's bedchamber. They get to meet her daughter by the ethaefal, Sitkanis. Her name is Rota. Much is discussed. The divine sanctuaries are established: Chapel, Chapterhouse, and Temple.
  • 3rd - 10th Spring -- Magical experts (such as exist in Denval), including the professors from the University of Zeltiva that arrived in the Winter, study the effects of the wild djed. Night time curfews enforced.
  • 10th Spring -- Astrid appears in square before the Hall, newborn in her arm, but wearing armor. She announces imminent doom and plans for evacuation on the Star of Denval, captained by Augus, and whatever boats are seaworthy. Safety in numbers. Heading north, then east, away from Wind Reach.
  • 11th - 29th Spring -- Preparations for evacuation of Denval. Curfew enforced. The wild djed makes stranger, more dangerous things appear at night.
  • 30th Spring -- Denvali fleet departs. When night falls, the light from the skyglass spire atop the Chapterhouse of the Order of Radiance will be visible over the southern horizon.
  • 31st - 32nd Spring -- Intense storms mostly blocked by Augus' powers as a Stormwarden, but still making progress slower.
  • 33rd Spring -- As the day gives way to gloaming, the southern horizon will erupt with a blinding light. Anyone looking directly at the explosion will go blind and require fairly intense healing to recover their sight. Some might be permanently blind. Some time later, there will be a sonic boom that will capsize the smallest vessels, though none will be lost; only some cargo. The shock wave will snap a few masts, and a few of the weaker people will die. Denval will be gone.
  • 34th - 65th Spring -- Progress will be slow, but the worst of the storms will seem to be cancelled out by the shock wave from Denval, the city's sacrifice for the safety of its retreating people.
  • 66th Spring -- Fleet anchors in Avanthal.
  • 87th Spring -- Those who do not stay behind in Avanthal set sail for the east.
  • When Summer comes, they will be on the sea again.
  • Posts can remain in the Denval folder during the Denvali exodus.
  • Do not do anything that would effect the entire fleet without express permission from one of the Domain Storytellers.
  • Those interested in Paragon's storyline, please PM him. Legion and I are still here to moderate if need be.

I think that's all for now. Defend yourself.

Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The End. [OOC]

Postby Legion on March 14th, 2012, 1:15 pm

Denval has always been an interactive city. Ideally, I would like to see it go kaboom the same way.

What do I mean?

Tabarnac will be writing the main kaboom post. I would like to write farewell posts for a handful of locations (the Opal Clinic, namely, and if I can convince Paragon to let me do Runner’s Mill) which will be posted in the same thread. Paragon probably has one or two he would like to do.

My question is: does anyone else? Staff or player. Any and all welcome, be you a player in Denval or not. Priority will go to Denval players, however, and disputes will be settled by Tabarnac, Paragon and I’s best judgement.

So does anyone want to blow stuff up? Or are y’all all getting ready to throw rocks and dead chickens at me for the suggestion?

(If you do stone me, keep in mind I can still make rocks fall.)

Write on,
Legion (We Are).
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The End. [OOC]

Postby Paragon on March 14th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Oh yeah, we can squish anyone we want, right? Seriously though, if anyone wants to retire a character, now is a good time.

I'm going to have the lighthouse come down, I believe, and also the Amethyst Baths. That will only hold bad memories following the Spring Plot anyhow.

Legion: You are welcome to do Runner's Mill.

But I totally agree - this is YOUR domain too! Destroy it, guys! Also, in terms of escaping... as the calendar says, you can hop off at Avanthal and make your own way, or you can jump back on that boat and come to my domain in Zeltiva. I know which I'd prefer ;) *hides from shameless plug*
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The End. [OOC]

Postby Talen Stirling on March 20th, 2012, 9:51 pm

I should have known leaving you people without me for two months was a bad idea o.O

Secret :
Maybe I can blow up Talen's house?
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The End. [OOC]

Postby Legion on March 20th, 2012, 10:45 pm

It is totally all your fault, Talen.

(Yes, you may! When the thread for it goes up, I will poke you.)
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The End. [OOC]

Postby Talen Stirling on April 8th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Here come the hopefully not-too-stupid questions:

Will there be quests started by our darling moderators detailing the progress and troubles of the fleet?

And, if so, do you have any guess about when they might be open for play?

Furthermore, are we allowed to post about events on the ships yet? What they do, and how they react to what has happened?

I hope I won't be punched in the face. I'm looking forward to exploring the aftermath of this terrible destruction !
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets