[Flashback]It Hurts Right Here [Satu]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 24th, 2010, 11:13 pm

Jaeden gave a slight shrug with one of his shoulders as he looked to Satu. “Mura is by far the most peaceful place I’ve seen so far in my travels.” Jaeden commented, looking around for a moment. “For some of the wildlife, it’s simple instinct. They don’t wish to harm you out of some malicious intent, but more simply they act on base desires to defend themselves or simply fill their belly with food. The human races, however, are entirely different. Many of those who would do you harm would normally do so out of some ulterior motive. Our lives don’t run as long as Konti women, and in that shortness of life a desire to obtain as much as possible is normally born. Greed and hate are often strong driving factors in the machinations, so do be careful if you travel there, and be picky who you hand your trust over to.”

Jaeden then watched as she began preparing the bowl for her vision, slowly tipping the jug of water over the bowl while offering assurance that she wouldn’t get him wet again. “No worries,” Jaeden simply said with a smile, “it’s only water in the long run.”

Jaeden then just nodded as Satu informed him of the fact that she would be still during the process. “Take all the time you need, Satu.” Jaeden said with a smile, giving her a nod in reply as well, permitting her to delve into his past with her gift. “I find the scenery before me pleasing to the eyes, and could stare for quite a while.”

As Satu peered into the water, flashes of Jaeden’s distant past began to emerge. Images of him laying quiet, cold and afraid behind a hill, as his home and family were burned down by unseen assailants. The image contorted, then showed him sifting through the ashes, finding nothing by the necklace that currently hung over his neck. The images then flash forwarded some, showing Jaeden walking as a child, alone and starving. Flashes of him begging for food from reluctant strangers and running from others who wished to enslave and sell him. There were feelings of despair and sadness as he laid along the ground, submitting himself to death.

Then the scenery changed, as the image of Olevar began appearing. A gentle smile and eye full of confidence appeared in the waters as Olevar offered out a bowl of soup. First meetings, as they were, of the man who eventually shaped Jaeden into the man that sat before Satu as she peered into the water. A jumble of images appeared, spanning the course of twelve long years of hard training Jaeden experienced under Olevar’s guidance. Learning to spot tracks, understanding what plants were good to eat and which ones were poisonous. Running and hauling around heavy objects. Constantly pushing himself to his limits as several push ups, pull ups and other physical activities gradually sculpted his body and increased it’s size. There were also images of him being dragged off by slavers and being charged by a bear, both instances showing Olevar extreme protectiveness of Jaeden and his skill with Woodland Wrath and it’s power. Images of Jaeden nearing adulthood, as he stood back to back with Olevar, staring down other men who meant them harm. They showed no fear in their time together, only displayed a fierce bond that ran as deep as any family, and a complete trust in one another.

Again the images flashed forward, as year after year passed by, showing Jaeden now on his own, traversing different regions as a man, hunting prey in each region and battling slavers occasionally. Visions of sexual relations with woman also passed through Satu’s site, fifteen different faces. Some of them strong and playful, while the others were timid and gentle. Each one of them loved him for a short time, and he loved them, fiercely and equally as Satu gained a sense that he would have died willingly for any one of them as his passion for every one of them shined as equally as his pleasure. The double sided blade of such passion for women shined as well, showing Jaeden flirting with Eypharian women as the batted their eye lashes and offered him drink. A drink laced with sedative drugs which rendered him unconscious. Only later to be woken, bound and being attached to a long line of others captured before him, all of them about to be led off in harsh environment of the desert. Then the visions slowly began to fade, echoing the sounds of he present and the silence the lingered between Jaeden and Satu as he waited patiently.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 26th, 2010, 2:22 pm

His acceptance registered in her mind, but her eyes did not lift from the water as soft, ripples beckoned her into the Chavena. Effortlessly she went, letting go of the mortal world to move in the chavi’s dreamlike waves between this world and that of the divine. A soft smile touched her lips as her awareness drifted through the surreal connection of the Chavena and through thousands upon thousands of vibrant filaments.

Her chest barely rose and fell with her inhalations, so lightly did the breath flow. Still as a statue, she sat removed yet lovely in the park-like surroundings. Jaeden could see that Satu’s bright spirit was gone from the physical confinement of her body. The way her hair fell, the smooth paleness of her skin, her dancer’s legs folded neatly under, she should have looked the same, but he felt a difference in the Konti girl.

Filled with joy at the Chavena’s magnificence, Satu moved inwardly as if in a dream. Colorful brilliance surrounded her and she parted the threaded masses looking for only One. Jaeden Kincade. Her sight led her easily to it. Just as she could sense his presence reclined near her on the grass when she was with him, so too could the HeartSeer sense his presence in the threads of the chavi. There! A million movements sparked within it, as the strand touched others around it, affecting the present and the future with their numerous inherent possibilities. The multicolored spectacle taxed her, as a novice she could neither read nor understand the pattern of things not yet taken place.

But the past! It was there for her to see, the bits and pieces creating a whole, a theme, a life, a story that Avalis wished to show. Satu’s incorporeal hands reached towards the filaments and her fingers whispered feather light along its strands. Words and actions, feelings and thoughts filled her mind. The Konti was at peace amid the whirling, changing patterns and shifting colors. She was in Avalis’ gentle embrace, a sheltered and protected space, and the images formed.

Little boy. Hiding behind a hill, an unkind glow reflected in his eyes as fire consumes home and family. Loss and Grief, Despair and Sadness. Swirling threads, gossamer colors. Images transform and the filaments dance within the Chavena. A large man with weathered skin and green eyes. Gin Olevar, watching, directing. The boy running, always running, through forest and trails, lungs burning, heart pumping. Gin Olevar, giving a much needed purpose to the boy. Trainings, workouts, and lessons without end. Years pass, a powerful bond grows. And the unfolding continues.

Satu, watcher and observer of this One life, sees. Jaeden, a man now, hunting, traveling, fighting. The Vision remains, yet changes with new movement of the chavi, and men are replaced with women, sexual in nature and deed. Stirring passions and heady pleasures flow into the HeartSeer’s awareness. Witness to each courtship and each coupling, she is the silent voyeur to the myriad positions of unremitting love. Then a ripple, and it is gone. A new view unfolds, a harsh desert climate. Eypharian women and a cruel trick, a capture. Jaeden in a slave line. Lights brilliantly sparkle and the Watcher watches, but there is nothing more…

The Vision required little time, but returning from the Chavena and back into her body took a few breaths more to locate her foundation. Keeping her eyes closed, she inhaled deeply, the sense of connectedness with Avalis a thing to be cherished.Thanks to You, blessed Avalis, Mother of Sight for this Vision!” She sang happily and spontaneously as she opened her eyes.

Jaeden still reclined before her and a silence filled the space between them. In her eyes and in her Heart, a Knowing of Jaeden Kincade now sat. Holding his gaze with hers, she reached out, touching his shoulder to offer support to the boy he had been long ago. But upon contact, she felt instead his past still lingering within her. The numerous touches and intimacies upon the flesh, and the desires of infatuation, she felt them all within her Heart.

Removing her hand, Satu leaned closer, intent heavy in her feathery voice,
Gin Olevar, an indispensable figure for you… for a very long time he cared for you, as a man would… as a Father would…” But one thought kept appearing in the Konti’s mind. And she believed Avalis wished her to see it and speak it. There is no Mother, Jaeden. Where is the Mother? The feminine influence? You have embraced women, many of them in your life… I have seen them,” and a pinkish hue rose to her cheeks as she blushed innocently at the memories she now held, “you have them, but who fulfills that most important role for the boy within?”

Satu stopped and when she resumed, her voice was the stronger voice of a Konti Seer, instead of the voice of the young Konti before him.You must find the Mother Figure…” she said not unkindly.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 26th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Jaeden silently observed Satu as she remained still for the course of the time it took for her to delve into his past. He watched in simple wonderment, trying to imagine what she might have seen while in that state. Of course, he used this opportunity to sneak peeks at her cleavage once again. Jaeden was, after all, Jaeden in the end. His gaze, however, snapped back up to Satu’s eyes as she began to stir from her visions once again. Tilting his eyes slightly as she sung her praise to her Goddess.

Jaeden then watched as her hand lightly touched his shoulder, only to withdraw moments later. He wondered if what she had seen influenced the initial connection, and then caused her to shy from it after the fact. He nodded as she spoke of Olevar. “Very good,” Jaeden said, complimenting her skills as a seer, “Olevar is an important figure. He dragged me back to my feet when I had lost all hope, and resigned myself to death. If he hadn’t come along, I wouldn’t be here today. He eventually became my family when I had lost parents and sister.”

“So you saw them?” Jaeden simply said as Satu spoke of the women Jaeden had been intimate with, noting the timid appearance of flush cheeks growing slightly red. He wondered if he should have been more bothered by such, considering them private moments in a way. In the end, however, it didn’t stir any negative emotion, realizing that he had consented after all. He was not ashamed of the fact that he had been with numerous woman in the course of his travels, and in fact loved them all without any reservation.

He then contemplated when she mentioned a motherly figure for him in his life, his thoughts sending him back to the memories he had of his mother. Of times where she would just sit with him and speak idly, while working on clothing. Of times she would be cooking in the kitchen, allowing him to taste the foods she prepared. Especially of the time when she would sing him to sleep, her voice soft and relaxing, carrying on the wind like the scent of blooming flowers during the spring. There was always that loving smile that appeared on her face, warm and reassuring. The thought of someone else’s face there was all next to impossible for Jaeden to imagine. It was the same with each of them, and though Olevar had his own spot among them, he never replaced them in the long run. Jaeden’s head then just slowly shook. “In all honesty, Satu, there may have been a time where such would have been possible.” Jaeden said in a casual voice. “Now, however, I feel such a time has passed. I can’t imagine anyone appearing as a motherly figure to me, much less seeking one out.”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on May 4th, 2010, 2:51 am

Jaeden spoke and Satu watched as words flowed from his mouth, and emotion from his Heart. The woodsman spoke his truth, as honestly as he was able and the Konti nodded in agreement, “Yes, Olevar was definitely an interesting man!” She laughed thinking of the task master she had witnessed. “And he filled a valuable role for you. He helped to shape you, make you the man you are…”

But Satu believed a motherly figure was also of value, offering an instinctive feminine essence to help teach a child about a different set of skills than the ones Gin Olevar instilled in his charge. And though he was grown, it was never too late to learn to interact with the world in that distinctive way. And it wasn’t in the pleasures of physical love, or touch or even sex; that was altogether different. This was something much deeper and more primitive, the need to be nurtured by a mother.

“You did not replace your real father for Gin,” Satu said not unkindly. “And so it is also true that you do not need to replace your mother, Jaeden. She is not replaceable. And never will be. I only ask you to be aware of the feminine around you,” her blush flared again, color traveling high into her cheeks and she held a hand up to stop a possible reply. “No, no those women offer you something yes, but not of what I am speaking. I was witness to... yes.” The Konti repeated, trying to read the man’s reaction. With her HeartSense she would know if Jaeden was truly bothered by her Sight, as she always knew. But it appeared that Jaeden while surprised did not mind.

“I do not wish to change you. I only advise you to be aware of the Mother Figures around you. One will find you along your path, but it would be easier if you are mindful of her presence.”

He heard what she said, but she doubted he understood what she meant. So many that received a Reading were not ready to hear what the Vision meant to her. Understanding only came for many after a considerable amount of time passed. Perhaps given time, Jaeden too would comprehend. Or perhaps in time, some old grandmother would open his eyes, and Satu’s lips turned up into a smile at the thought.

Her eyes softened, as she gazed at Jaeden, how could he know? How could he possibly know of what she spoke? He was not raised surrounded by the wonderful figureheads of women as those on this Isle. And there was no woman in her vision in conjunction with Olevar. He grew up without the feminine presence, no wonder he idolized and loved women so. Poor lost little boy with flames in his eyes! That young one she witnessed through the Vision would always have a place within her Heart.

The underlying current of pain and ache from the man’s injury had become a constant distraction to the HeartSeer. To be injured in such a way, Satu couldn’t begin to imagine, the steady stream of feeling refused to stop. He had to be very tired.
“Remember, it is never too late. Of course, I could be incorrect about everything… Regardless, I believe it is time you rested, my friend. Do you require assistance?”

Waiting for his answer, Satu lifted the abalone bowl to her lips and with a tilt of her delicate wrists, she drank. Swallowing the Vision Water in one swallow the Konti effectively sealed it away and energetically ended the session. Wrapping the vessel in a soft cloth, she packed it carefully and began to gather her belongings.

“Perhaps we will see each other again, Jaeden Kincade, under different circumstances.
Last edited by Satu on May 9th, 2010, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on May 5th, 2010, 12:22 am

Jaeden raised his right leg, draping his arms over his knee before bringing his chin to a rest along the whole pile of limbs. He casually watched Satu as she spoke, his ears twitching slightly at the sound her voice, finding it melodic in a way, almost soothing. He couldn’t say for certain whether he even needed nurturing, in the end, perhaps she felt Jaeden just slept around too much, and needed to settle down. Perhaps she just spoke of him having a female who was a friend and confidant, and nothing more. Overall, Jaeden didn’t contemplate on such things. He was someone who generally took things one day at a time, with no real plan of the future.

His arms once again fell to the ground, supporting the weight of his upper body as he straitened his right leg out again. “Well, I’ll be honest with you Satu, I’m not entirely certain how effective a nurturer will be with me.” Jaeden then simply said, wiggling the toes of his left leg for a moment. “I feel I’ve done right so far by the people I’ve come across, save for Slavers and Bandits who just want to take what you have and then take your life.”

Jaeden then paused, giving a slight shrug, or at least as much as one he could give while his hands were braced along the ground. “I don’t know, perhaps I’m just misinterpreting what you say, and don’t get me wrong, I’m not offended, or angry or anything like that,” Jaeden continued tilting his head slightly as he explained, “but right now, I just don’t know what about me needs nurturing. I’d generally come up with a sexually referencing joke for it, but it’s likely you’d take offense, so I’ll refrain. Best I can give you at this point Satu is that I’ll try to keep an eye out, but I can’t honestly say that looking for a motherly figure will be a priority.”

Jaeden then shook his head as she asked if he needed assistance. “Nah, I’m going to stay out here for a while longer.” Jaeden replied to Satu. “I tend to do better out in nature than I do in a city. Thank you though, both for the company and advice. Better than the casual conversation of telling someone where it hurts that I’ve had as of late.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on May 9th, 2010, 3:20 am

He was human, and seeing the shadowy ‘undefined’ did not come naturally to his race. Humans. She felt a pity for them, so childlike in their ways. How did they go about the day so unaware of the numerous threads that connected each living being? Satu sensed a slight confusion within Jaeden at her words and explanations of the Vision. He was not ready to see or understand what she was trying to tell him.

He had so much experience that she could not fathom and her mind revisited the Vision with its caresses and passions she had not experienced herself. But on the other hand, the woodsman had been sheltered, parted from others as he grew, for a great period of his life. Satu watched Jaeden’s leg straighten and nodded her agreement.
“You have done well! With the people you have know, yes! There is no doubt about that.” The Konti stood; belongings packed once again, Do not trouble your self over the effectiveness of others. If you find her someday, she would only be herself, as you would only be yourself. You do not have to change, or try to do anything.”

“Though we are very different, please believe, I am not judging you, Jaeden. Or asking you to change. All I ask is for you to be aware… It is not a race to find the one I speak of. And ‘priority’ doesn’t describe it. This can not be looked at in those terms. The time will simply come when it is right. You will not know what it is you need, until after you find it.”

Why did she not listen to her teachers and simply share her interpretation of the Vision and let it land where it may? Instead she felt the pull to explain, always. Her teachers blamed the HeartSense and this was such a time. Satu hesitated, but inner understanding shone forth and Satu only smiled,Jaeden Kincade, thank you! I wish you healing and health. There are wondrous people in the world; I hope you meet them all...” Picking up her belongings she walked down the little slope before she stopped and turned, Though there might be some you do not wish to couple with…” Was Satu teasing him? Her smile was radiant and her hair blew in the breeze as she turned away, water droplets from her container leaving a shiny trail in the grass behind her.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Alice on May 13th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Mura Experience Award
Please update your CS accordingly!

ImageExperience Points Awarded:

Jaeden - 3 pts Seduction, 1 pt Philosophy
Satu - 1 pt Seduction, 2 pts Fortune Telling, 2 pts Philosophy

Lore Awarded:

Jaeden - Lore of Konti Sensitivity, How Divination Works, Mother Figures
Satu - Lore of Jaeden's Past, Human Behavior

Comments: Beautiful and funny social thread! I also like how you wrote the Divination session together.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Previous