[Flashback]It Hurts Right Here [Satu]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 4th, 2010, 5:21 am

3rd Day of Summer, 507 A.D.

Jaeden had awoke along the shores of Silver Lake, his eyes blinking as he the midday sun passed overhead. A slow rub to his eyes was given as he sat up. Wincing slightly as his hand fell to his left leg, which was braced from his ankle up to his mid-thigh. A dull pain slowly crawled through his leg, reminding him that it had been broken in three places and was still on the mend under the tender care of the Mura Isle’s inhabitants. His gaze fell down to the crutch that rested beside him as he let out a long exhale. He hated being injured. Even more he hated injury that hindered his mobility. Surrounded by so many beautiful women on the Isle, it was difficult for Jaeden to keep up with them when they tried to walk away, allowing his unusual charm to wear them down. Still, in the end, it was good for Jaeden to learn patience in this aspect, considering many of the Konti women carried those Suvai, and Jaeden was unable to avoid even novice strikes in his current condition.

His gaze soon fell down to the lake’s waters as they fell and rose along the shore. The water’s edge crept up slowly towards the edge of his feet, threatening to lick at his heals if he didn’t move soon. Looking at his crutch once again, Jaeden gave a slow grumble before looking up towards the sky, spotting a magnificent white cloud hovering above as a slow warm breeze crossed over the area. “Ah, maybe in a bit then.” Jaeden said, feeling content and relaxed. He was finding one benefit of being stuck on the Island due to injury, and that was his slow progression in learning their native language. Like their appearance, the language was beautiful. Mixed with their smooth voices, the Konti could be calling you a slur of obscenities and it would still sound like honey laced with sugar to the ears.

He looked over his arms as his hands ran over his ribs and stomach. Small scars of fading wounds were barely visible anymore. The Konti of the Opal Order did their work well. Jaeden had only been there for a month and two weeks thus far, arriving in a state of near death. Under their care, his more serious wounds after drifting to Mura’s shores merely stung, and others were on the quick mend. It would likely only be about another two weeks before he was well enough to take the next ship to sail back to the main land. Even if the prospect scared him a little, considering the last ship he had sailed upon was struck by, whatever it was that came from the deep. Still, in the end, it seemed most of the Konti women seemed obsessed with making sure Jaeden’s health was restored. What conversations he did have with any of them, didn’t seem to last for long and mostly involved small talk. Perhaps, he just waited along that shore for someone to have a decent conversation with. Though it was likely his perverted nature would get in the way of that in the long run.

Jaeden’s gaze fell back down to the water’s surface, as the wind blew casual ripple like waves across the waters. He wasn’t sure what he would do with his remaining time on the island. Perhaps he could get a few readings, see where fate may take. There was also supposed to be a festival of some sort coming up. So far, all he had really been able to do is learn their language and a little about their culture here and there. Of course, ogling at the ones who just stepped out of the lake wearing thin clothing wasn’t all that bad either.
Last edited by Jaeden Kincade on April 6th, 2010, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 5th, 2010, 4:42 am

The sun was at such an angle on the waters of Silver Lake that it appeared as if an ethereal being emerged from the tranquil depths. But as the rays of brilliant light vanished momentarily behind a small cloud, it was apparent; only another Konti returned to land, and not some fanciful, white creature of fantasy.

Still, the otherworldly quality clung to her as she seemed to rise out of the lake bed itself, and lithe, smooth steps carried her forward. She was dressed lightly for the balmy season and the warmth of the waters. A small swimming skirt of pale green clung wetly to her hips and thighs, and a gossamer blouse was negligible in hiding her athletic curves.

Her attention was centered on the vessel in her arms. It was of rounded shape with a circular opening on top, made of sea clay and inlaid with small shells. It was a beautiful, yet hardy piece. Filled to the brim, lake water sloshed out and ran down the sides as she walked from the shallows towards the shore and her belongings.

So intent was the Konti on the vessel in her arms that she did not notice the man, who lay very close to the waters edge. Almost at the man’s feet, she quickly and gracefully sidestepped him, but the sudden movement allowed the lake water to spill out further, running in rivulets down the sides of the container, splashing him. The water also dripped from her limbs and her white hair, decorated and braided away from her face. As the sun reappeared from the clouds, it shimmered off the delicate scales wrapping her legs, hips and beyond.

She stood near him, silently looking with eyes the color of ocean blue. A surprised, yet kind smile surfaced on her face.
“Forgive me! I did not mean to trample you… nor get you wet.”

Then she noticed the crutch. Many strangers came to the Island for healing; he was just one of many seeking the divine help of Rak’keli and the Opal Order. His left leg was braced from ankle to thigh and her distant eyes took in his form and then rested on him, curiously. He was… muscular, in ways that Konti women were not. She tried not to stare, but unlike so many of her sisters, she had not worked in the Healing Center and was not used to the male frame up close.

Still holding the jar, she listened with her HeartSense, watching him from her elevated position. Her gaze appeared distant but focused, and seemed to size him up by a different standard than that which he was used to. A dull Pain, hovered around him. From his injury no doubt, she thought, though he did not appear troubled by it at the moment.

She gestured with the pot towards her things that lay near, and then moved toward her blanket and belongings, leaving wet droplets along the short path. Again the water splashed her repeatedly on her hands and forearms as she moved to set down the heavy jug.

Drying the vessel with the towel, she looked over at the man, still close to the water’s edge and said in Common, lilted with the musical tones of the Kontinese language,
“You might consider moving back from the shore waters if you desire to remain dry.” She smiled and looked around; it did not seem likely that any of the healing interns were near.I could assist you, if you have need?”

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 6th, 2010, 1:57 am

Jaeden’s head tilted, his mouth opening to a slight gape as the form rose from the water. Streaks of clear liquid ran the course of all the curves of the Konti’s body, and Jaeden’s eyes troubled themselves keeping up with the flow. His look caught the way her blouse clung to her form as the long, silent ogle, that Jaeden so often performed upon first meeting the fairer gender, took priority to any scenic beauty that the landscape and lake provided. Jaeden’s head slowly began to lean back, his eyes continuing to follow her movements as she began that short step from lake water onto dry land. Then, his eyes only widened as that initial wave of water spilt from the jug, which Jaeden had not yet noticed, seemed to travel in slow motion towards his face. Jaeden was like a deer caught in the headlights, seeing the danger but unable to move out of the way. His face scrunched up into an absurd expression as he braced himself for the onslaught of water.

The wave of water first hit his face, then cascaded down his chest as droplets of water bounced back from his flesh and pure white shirt. His face remained contorted for a moment, not from any sort of pain or surprise, but from simple sense of irony. He sat so close to the river and had remained dry. Only fate would see water being carried to him as he stayed out of it’s natural grasp. Jaeden slowly opened his eyes as droplets of water dripped from his eye lashes. A smile appeared on his face as he then attempted to speak in the Konti language in return to impress his visitor. “It okay,” Jaeden said, struggling with the pronunciation, “drop look like soiled my pants.”

Jaeden paused for a moment as a frown appeared on his brow. “Wait a second, I think I forgot something in that line.” Jaeden then said in common before looking up to the Konti woman. “Well, what I meant to say is, it could have been worse. At least the water didn’t hit lower, making it look like I soiled my pants.”

Jaeden then raised his hand, tugging at his shirt as the white fabric clung to his chest and abdomen, a bit of transparency showing off the tint of his skin color underneath. Jaeden then slowly raised his head as the Konti woman warned him of the water and then offered help. Jaeden gazed down to the river once again, taking in it’s serene view one more time before giving a nod. “I guess that would be best.” Jaeden then said as he slowly braced his good leg along the ground. Grabbing his crutch, Jaeden gripped it with both hands, pushing himself up off the ground as the muscles along his arm tightened. This task was made much easier when his center of gravity finally fell along his good leg, allowing him to straiten himself the rest of the way. The crutch was then slipped under the arm opposite of his injured leg as he looked to the konti female. “My name is Jaeden Kincade indecently. So, where were you heading? I’ll join you if you don’t mind the company?”

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 8th, 2010, 5:05 am

The man spoke in Kontinese, but his words were strange. Had his foreign pronunciation caused her to mishear? Satu frowned as she tried to puzzle out his comment. It sounded as if he just said he had ‘soiled his pants’? The Konti stole a quick look in the general bodily direction, but saw no sign of accident.

When he corrected himself in Common, she was initially relieved. But still, he made reference to the fact that it might ‘look’ as if he had done the soiling anyway. To Satu’s gentle upbringing in Mura, this was an odd thing to say upon first greeting. Did all men speak of bodily functions in this way? It must be as the stories told: other races were rough-edged and uncivilized when compared to her own moderate people.

“Let me help…,” Satu quickly pushed aside her concerns and stepped nearer as he tried to raise himself to standing. The question was… where to position her hands for the best leverage. He was a large man and assisting him was no small feat. The Konti ultimately decided on placing her smaller, yet calloused hands around a thickly muscled forearm. Her grip was firm and uncompromising, hours upon hours of the suvai practice giving strength to the elegant grasp.

The differences between them were fully evident in the solid, muscular feel of his arm. She was toned, lithe with light weighted muscle that had a surprising fluidity in movement. But this man was pure, hard muscle, and unyielding as a tree trunk, while she was like the reeds, flowing and bending in the wind.

“Jaeden Kincade, I am called Satu.” She stepped back smiling, he really had not needed her help after all. With the expression, she appeared younger, though it was near impossible to tell the age of a Konti. With that water,” pointed at her jug, I will practice my “sight” - Divination. I must practice, if I want to improve.” The youthful demeanor held, and her eyes lit up at the thought of advancement in the Art.

Unbidden, an impression registered in her HeartSense. It felt so very similar in nature to the Desire she had felt from others before, but without the heaviness, or the silky, possessive feel that slipped tauntingly along the body. This felt Light and Playful, and was such a new feeling, that she had trouble placing it. Reaching out now, she sent Avalis’ gift to touch upon the man’s emotions, but she felt no signs to warn of danger. Ruthlessness and unrest were missing from his Heart. For all his uncouthness, he still felt safe.

With her inner observation complete, she deemed him not a threat emotionally. Offering him her towel she said,
My apologies again! I did not expect to trample anyone this afternoon !And her mind began working, as she looked at him closely with a growing excitement, “You wish to join me? Maybe…, maybe you would be interested in a reading? A Divination reading?” The words rushed forth, “I am not very proficient. Not yet, but it would be a help… Say you will!”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 8th, 2010, 7:26 am

Jaeden’s gaze slipped momentarily to her hand, noting the firmness of her grip. This konti obviously had other aspects to her life aside from just healing or looking beautiful. He had often seen some of the Konti in the above surface section of the city practicing with unusual blades from time to time, and Jaeden suspected this Konti may be one of them. He slowly removed his shirt, tossing it over his shoulder as he accepted the towel offered by the Konti as she revealed her name. A smile crossed his lips as he shook his head. “No apologies necessary.” Jaeden said as he ran the towel over his head for a moment. “No real harm done in the end after all, and I could think of worse things to happen than having a rare beauty such as yourself trip over my large feet and fall on top of me. Even with an injured leg.”

The towel was then offered back to Satu as the remaining water along his chest and abdomen were left to simply dry off on it’s own, finding the cool sensation in the already warm climate of the island a little refreshing. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Satu.” Jaeden said as he leaned a little more into his crutch. “I’ve never had any sort of divination done before, so it should be an interesting prospect. I must also say that I find the company a pleasant change of pace as well. Most of you kin I come across seem oddly fixated more on healing me, rather than having a simple conversation. I’ve heard rumors as to why, but never asked.”

Jaeden then began to follow Satu at a slow pace, letting her lead them to where they needed to go from there. “Oh, if you catch me leering, I apologize in advance,” Jaeden said already doing so as his gaze fell down to her rear for a moment. “It’s just sort of become a habit for me.”

Jaeden took a couple of steps before a wince crossed his features once again as the pain rose slightly in his leg. He shifted more of his weight to the crutch, hoping that it and a combination of idle talk and leering might distract him from such. “So tell me, what does Divination entail overall? I’ve never been quite fully versed in the world of powers granted by the Gods and Goddesses of this land.” Jaeden then said as he raised his gaze to meet Satu’s eyes for her answer.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 10th, 2010, 4:59 am

The towel made a circuit around Jaeden’s head, absorbing the splattered water droplets, though he ignored his chest where the remaining drops sparkled like stars in the afternoon sun. Satu couldn’t help but have her attention linger on the bare skin of his chest and the impressive abdominal muscles for a moment; Jaeden’s build was certainly not the standard in heavily, female populated Mura.

She smiled at his compliment.
“I didn’t exactly fall onto you…,” she said, but was she teasing? It was hard to tell from her demeanor. Accepting the towel from Jaeden, she quickly packed her belongings. The iridescent scales along her body drying rapidly in the afternoon sun, without need of toweling.

“Oh, you do not have to worry! I am no Healer. Though it looks you still have need of one. No, I practice another Art, the suvai. Do you know it?” She asked, blue eyes blinking as she tightened something around her waist. The twin suvai in their sheaths were now secured at her hips. Pulling one out, she held it flat in her palm, the edges hanging over the sides so he could see it better. The weapons were her joy; it was easy to read in her eyes. “Whale Bone,” was all she said. Pure, white and unadorned. Other Konti’s suvai were carved, with decorations and epic stories, hers were pure, without distraction, simple and undefiled. Looking down at it once more, she reverently slid it back into its sheath.

As they walked she debated whether to tell him about the Konti women and their perceptions. It was no wonder the healers at the temple spoke little to him. He was a stranger here, a stranger without proper manners. Jaeden was very open, and most Konti would easily pick up on his intentions by their various abilities.

Stopping smoothly, she turned without hesitation,
“Avalis’ Daughters are a sensitive people, Jaeden. I do not think you realize how profound that sensitivity can be…” Innocence was evident in her eyes, “…you are a stranger here so I will beg your understanding and tell you this for your own benefit.”

And now she did hesitate, but only for a heartbeat. “Leering is not considered well-mannered behavior. As Konti, we are very aware of the world and the people around us. We can feel much and are conscious of much… A few of us even feel what others feel.” She paused to see if he was following her, “Jaeden? Does this make sense to you?” she asked, wanting him to understand how carefully the Konti community lived together for the sake of their senses.

Distracted suddenly, her attention broke and she said,
Your injury is still hurting you.” It was not a question, but the sympathy showed in her eyes. “You should probably not travel far on that leg, we will stop here…,” it was a private seating area off the main path, overlooking the lake and surrounded by pretty, flowering foliage. Satu extended her arm to the injured man, incase he needed help sitting. , “I do not mean to frighten you,” she laughed, knowing that she had not come close to causing him fright.

Let us talk of Divination instead… it is a fascinating subject! The Chavena," she began excitedly, wanting to share her enthusiam,"the roots that bind us to the Divine. Those roots, are made of the Chavi, individual threads that hold us together. We each have a Chavi – you, me, and…” she waved her hand around indicating all that Jaeden could see, “...and others. Moving at all times, they create realities upon realities. Your past is in the Chavi. Your present is in the Chavi. Your future too. Even your thoughts are in the Chavi, everything of you, is there!” The possibilities were boundless.

“We read the Chavi. Though, I can only attempt to see the past. I am still learning.”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 11th, 2010, 12:05 am

Jaeden slowly looked over the Suvai, giving a slow shake of his head. “I’ve seen some carrying these weapons, but never seen it in practice.” Jaeden replied before looking back up to Satu. “I imagine it would take a good deal of maneuverability to master it’s proper use.”

Jaeden traveled along the ground with Satu as his gaze fell to his feet. His pace was considerably slower than it usually was, and it stirred a slight bit of frustration within him. He looked up to Satu again as she began explaining how many of the Konti women sense the emotions that surround them. “A sort of empathy then?” Jaeden said before Jaeden’s face turned decidedly more awkward when she mentioned his leering.

“Oh,” Jaeden said as his gaze settled along the side, viewing a patch of grass indifferently. “Well, I can’t say that I can stop the leering cold turkey when I’m here, but I can certainly put in an effort to. In all honesty, I think the female form to be the most beautiful thing in the lands, and it’s touch even more so. It’ll be difficult, but on the behalf of those who shelter and aid me in my injuries, I shall attempt to reign in my desires and zest for life involving such.”

Jaeden then stared out across the land for a short moment before giving a slight sigh. “Guess I’ll have to ask for some books and what not to read in place of what I normally do to pass the time then. May as well learn some while I‘m here.” Jaeden commented, walking once again before wincing slightly as he favored his broken leg. Jaeden slowly shook his head then waving his hand towards Satu as she reached out to help. “No, I appreciate it, but I don’t want to bring you crashing down as well in the event I lose it. Better I injure myself further than cause injury inadvertently to one of my hostess’ here.”

With much effort, Jaeden slowly lowered himself to the ground once again, ever part of his upper body tensing up in both strain and slight pain as his hands gripped the crutch tightly, supporting the majority of his body weight on the way down. His body then slumped back, laying out over the ground as he took a moment to catch his breath. “Ahh, the clouds are nice.” Jaeden commented lightly, looking over the passing puffs of white that slowly moved their way across the sky.

Jaeden then slowly sat himself up as Satu began explaining Divination to him. She could see his gaze keeping itself fixated along her own eyes, and moving to the sky or grass when she shifted in certain ways that would allow him opportune moments to leer. Whether he did this in a simple teasing manner or in making a conscious effort to hold himself to his earlier claim was not immediately evident empathically as his mind seemed to be focused on the fading pain in his leg. Jaeden gave a slow rub to his chin, shaking his head slightly after. “I have to say that it’s a bit over my head, Satu.” Jaeden then replied as he lowered his upper body towards the grass, propping himself up slightly along his elbow. “In the end, I can understand what you explain, but it’s not likely I’ll fully be able to grasp it as you and your kin do. Perhaps a demonstration is the best example here.”

Jaeden then just gave a slow shrug as she explained her own experience. “We are born and then we walk through life learning.” Jaeden replied, shifting slightly along his elbow to ensure it wouldn’t fall asleep. “I’m sure you’ll grow even beyond your own expectations one day.”

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 17th, 2010, 9:55 pm

“Oh Jaeden! I did not mean to imply that!Satu exclaimed.You can have a desire and zest for life certainly!” She found talking with this man complicated. He did not seem to understand the things that every Konti knew at a very early age. And never having had to explain these concepts before, Satu was sure she was not making things clear.

“There are many ways to live and to experience life. And the female form is beautiful, yes! And the male form can be pleasing too,” she said guilelessly and lowered herself down next to him on the softly manicured grass. As she said it, she was decidedly intrigued by their physical differences, though she was content to experience them from the short distance between them. “Everything around us is stunning in someway. But we do not need to possess it to enjoy it. And… when you look that way, it does imply possessing…”

“Perhaps it is because you are forced into stillness with your injury? And you are used to movement and… fighting?” she said, searching for clues as to what made a man this way. He certainly had the physique of a fighter, even more so than Suvai Mistress Nitvin. “I do not wish to make you feel awkward… I only wish to help the Konti to be more accepting of your presence here.” She took his hand in hers and gave a simple, friendly squeeze. “You will see! Do you mind that I tell you these things?”

She watched the clouds float by with him and then said, “I am a HeartSeer. I suppose you would call it a kind of empathy, yes.” Satu could see that this was probably a new concept to him. “A Heart holds emotions. I can sense, or see those emotions in others, in you…she said smiling, glancing over. “Our Goddess gifts each Konti with a unique sight. And she allows us to ‘see’ certain things, ‘divine’ certain things.” She had not explained Divination well either, and she frowned at herself for her novice-ness! Never had she thought someone would not know these things. “Yes, you are right of course, a demonstration! Let me try show you…”

Sitting up, she reached into her bag for a few supplies. The white, braided hair swung down around her face as she searched, and the little musical clink of shells could be heard softly. The Konti stopped for a brief second and studied his eyes, trying to see more than what they presented, “Does your God or Goddess grant you such?” She asked excitedly. That other deities might be any different from her own did not cross her mind. After all, not all gifts were easily discernable.

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jaeden Kincade on April 18th, 2010, 1:19 am

Jaeden reached up, scratching the white streak of hair along the back of his head for a moment as he contemplated. “Odd, I never considered to mean it as a intention of possession.” Jaeden simply said as he looked over to Satu. “I simply like to consider such as admiration, and the act as a form of ……..what’s a poetic way to put it? A sharing in intimate physical contact, perhaps?”

Jaeden quickly shook his head as his hands slipped along the ground, supporting his upper body in a lean. “Gods no. While it drives me crazy to not be able to move around as freely as I usually do, I really don’t like fighting. People have often told me I have the physique of a soldier, but honestly, I tend to live more in the wilderness than I do in a city. You have to be fit if you want to survive in the woods. There’s always the chance of startling a wild animal and having them attack you. I only learned to fight in order to defend myself in the long run, as there are other things out there aside from animals that would intentionally do you harm.”

Jaeden then looked to Satu, offering a genuine smile. “I thank you for gradual enlightenment.” Jaeden said, wiggling his toes slightly as a light breeze tickled the surface of his feet. “Feel free to say whatever you wish to me. It’s so much easier for me when others speak their mind. It tends to cut back on trying to discern things from simple facial expressions.”

“Okay.” Jaeden replied as Satu sat up. His eyes peered along the contents of her things as they rattled together. One hand moved to his left leg, rubbing it slightly to ease a dull ache beginning to rise once again. His head then tilted slightly as he observed the way her hair fell down, hanging along side her face. The wind caused the braided hair to sway ever so slightly. It somewhat reminded him of how trees would react sometimes, when the winds caught them right. His gaze then snapped back to her own eyes as she looked up at him. He once again gave a slow shake of his head. “No God or Goddess has gifted me with anything, save for my life continuing to go on. I hear they often mark those they favor, but in all honesty, I can’t say whether or not I’ve even encountered one of them yet.”

Jaeden’s head tilted slightly, looking at Satu with a sidelong glance as a single eyebrow rose. “You’re not a Goddess, are you?” Jaeden then said in a playful manner.

Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Power Fork (1)

Postby Satu on April 21st, 2010, 3:17 pm

Jaeden spoke honestly, and Satu’s senses conveyed the truth in his words. His Heart must be filled like he said, with admiration for the beauty that surrounded him. But Satu did not understand why, if he felt such a deep understanding, he needed further intimate physical contact to make it better. The Konti was not embarrassed by thoughts or talks of pairings; she was just unused to this man’s attitude towards them.

Somewhere there was a difference between the emotions he experienced and what Satu thought his Heart revealed. Was she mistaken in what she felt? The Konti did not know, perhaps it was a different way of looking at the same thing. But then, Satu knew she had no experience with intimacies of the physical kind, as he had called it. She felt no regret over the lack. Especially since many of the Konti maidens were Called to leave the Island at some point in their lives to have a child sired by a foreign man. She was uncertain as to what she thought about this. But a curiosity about the whole endeavor filled her.

“I am happy you are not a fighter,” she smiled brightly. “Battles and violence are things best left outside of Mura. And if the stories I have heard are true, then Mizahar as a whole could do without more bloodshed. I only practice the suvai to defend myself also, but what is there to defend against here? To me the suvai is an Art - I have no wish to harm anyone. What a strange place you must come from Jaeden…, I can not imagine anything that would intentionally do someone harm in the woods.”

Soft hands still on her bag, she stopped her search inside and studied him for a moment. The wilderness man appeared comfortable in his skin, and she was glad of it. So many visitors in the market stalls and on the stone pathways were ill at ease, unused to a connection with the self that people trained in the fighting arts seemed to have. Satu found herself relaxing in Jaeden’s company until the growing ache of his injuries reminded her that she best start soon, so he could rest in the afternoon sunshine.

“A goddess! Goodness no!” She exclaimed raising her face to his again, taken by surprise. But Satu saw he was teasing her and her senses touched on the glowing lightness in his Heart. She felt his mood catch her playfully, and her Heart shifted to match his.

With a new light in her eyes she turned once more to her belongings and pulled out a shallow, abalone bowl, its muted, iridescent colors reminiscent of the patterning of her scales. Setting it lightly before her crossed legs, she picked up the container of lake water and poured the cool liquid into the bowl.
“Do not worry, I will not spill on you this time,” she laughed. But the liquid, sloshed over the sides and onto the grass, splashing her feet lightly instead. The Konti being a creature of both land and water did not flinch from its delicate drops.

Her eyes were drawn to the water. The Water was hypnotic, its minute waves whispered to her sight in their confined motion. Cool, wet and liquid, and moving. How many times had she filled this bowl? Satu did not know. The water was not a requirement for her visions, but it did help focus for her mind. And being a novice, anything that brought her closer to Avalis was beneficial.

“Jaeden, I will be still for a time...” she told him, still looking at the Water. “It should not be long. All is ready. Avalis will show me what she wishes... Now, with your permission…?”

Though inland far we be,
Which brought us hither.

jurgita.com
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Next