Facing Nightmarish Memories (Rence Genesis)

Two people suffer the misery of bad pasts resurfacing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Genesis on March 22nd, 2012, 8:00 pm

Genesis picked up her tarot cards, running her fingers over the glossy surface. She had studied these cards for years, letting them speak their hidden meanings into her ears. She sat back down across from Rence, shuffling the deck. As he was about to begin tapping his cards, Genesis felt a sense of dread rise up in her.

"Shit", she mumbled as she tossed the cards back onto the shelf. Rence watched, confused, as she rushed towards the window. Following a pointing beggar boy, a large muscles man dressed in black headed straight toward her shop. Genesis had a feeling that he was not here because of her divination, but for something else. He walked angry, sword raised.

"Rocognize him? Lets go," she whispered, checking the dead bolt. Behind her, Rence looked out the window but Genesis didn't spare time for an answer. She ran towards the back door and flung the door open, revealing a set of stone stairs. Motioning Rence to follow, she hurried in and locked the door behind them. The began to climb, upon reaching the top, third floor, she rushed into her apartment and rummaged about in her chest. Her skirts were still dripping, "Turn around!" To Rence's back she stripped her dress, shoving it into the chest. Within seconds she had donned a light gray one, more modest than the first.

They could hear a knocking from two floors down and grabbed Rence's shirt as she ran past him towards the window. With a grunt, she shoved the sliding glass panel up and slipped out, climbing onto the roof.

"Hurry!" She called, beckoning Rence up as she scampered to the edge of the roof and listened down to the voices below. She watched Rence sit down next to her, looking a little pale.

Are you sure it's him? A burly voice boomed. His voice dripped with impatience.

"I saw the tattoos and she ran off with the fortune teller, he's with her," the little boy's voice assured him.

"What did she look like?" She heard the clink of coins down on the street.

"Dark hair, short and curvy, uhm she was wearing a green dress," and footsteps of the boy ran down the street.

Then the real banging began.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 23rd, 2012, 2:32 am

Rence sat there next to Genesis breathing heavy. He couldnt believe this was happening. He could have sworn he lost them, how did they find him? He knew he was going pale and he started to feel sick but he had to stay calm. Taking a deep breath he looked over at Genesis and said, "We've got to move, now. If we make it across a cou-" But before he finished loud banging started to drown out his voice. It sounded like they were breaking down her door and wasn't taking them long.

Looking over at Genesis he could see confusion and worry on her face. He nodded towards her trying to comfort her and whispered,"Follow me. We can reach my house over the rooftops." Out of nowhere they were interrupted by a large and bellowing voice,"Up there! On the roof!" Looking down they saw the large man pointing up to them and starting to sprint into the building.

"Damn it! We gotta go!" Without thinking Rence grabbed Genesis' hand and pulled her to start running. Suddenly they were sprinting their way across the many rooftops of Ravok with the strange man right on their tails. Rence started to panic, he didn't want anyone to get hurt.
Rence
Player

Words: 7987
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2012, 2:40 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 23rd, 2012, 10:51 am

Genesis looked up, shocked. What was with today? Did they have a giant target on them that read 'Hey! We like being chased!'? When Rence grapped her hand, she started going limp, she was starting to see. An image of purposefully moving blank ink filled her head, and then Genesis stopped it. She slipped back into her body, her legs springing into action as they ran across the roof tops. Her hand slipped out of his, and gripped her skirt, holding it up high enough for her to leap over the alley ways.

"At least he didn't have the chance to ruin my apartment," Genesis chuckled, beyond this whole terrified prey thing. Her long dark hair danced behind her in the wind she created. She looked over, Rence didn't seem to be taking it as lightly as she was. However, this was his ghost after him, not hers. Maybe this had something to do with the blood she had seen on him.

She dared a peak over her shoulder and saw that the man wasn't gaining on them. HE was large, Rence and Genesis smaller allowing them to move faster. However, if he caught up to them, his brute would likely crush them. Genesis felt particularly small, the man probably being a couple of heads taller than she was.

"Just run,"she comforted Rence. They could surely outrun whatever this man wanted from them.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 24th, 2012, 1:06 am

Rence heard Genesis trying to comfort him, it didn't help. He knew exactly who was chasing them and if he caught up.... he forced these thoughts out of his mind. Taking a quick glance behind him he saw there was a large distance between them and the man. It was time to lose this guy.

Rence looked around trying to remember the way, finally finding the right turn he gestured to Genesis. "Here this way!" They jumped down from the roof onto a lower roof and again onto another finally reaching the ground. They heard a loud thump and more loud bellowing from behind them and knew that man was still on their tails. Rence started to worry, what if we cant lose him?

He continued looking down alleyways trying to find a good spot to lose him. They soon took a right down a very cramped alleyway and then another quick left. Seeing an open door, Rence grabbed Genesis by her sleeve and pulled her in to the empty room and closed the door behind them. It was a closet with only a couple buckets and a few brooms. Outside the door they heard the loud footsteps of the man approaching their spot and his sword screeching it's way across the ground. Rence and Genesis both held their breath trying not to make a sound. After much heavy breathing and quite a number of curses their pursuer finally walked away giving up on the chase. Rence took a seat next to Genesis and started to slowly catch his breath as he waited for her to ask the many questions that probably filled her mind.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 24th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Genesis closed her eyes, not that it mattered, the closet was pitch black. She could hear Rence's heavy breathing up to pace with her own. When their pursuer was finally out of earshot, Genesis opened her eyes. Her legs were burning and her dress was far too hot. It seemed like Ravok was not the place to be when trying to hide out. She looked at Rence's dark sillouette and wondered what a sweet guy like him could have done to so royally piss someone off.

"Does that happen often?" she asked, slightly humorous. Her heart was beginning to beat at a normal speed. That day had been... taxing to say the least. How was it that everything could be fine and simple for weeks and then bam! Everything blows up in your face.

"Whatever they are after you for, they know your with me. If men come to my door damanding your location, and possibly threatening or torturing you to find you,I deserve to know what the hell is going on." Her voice was sharp, obviously not please to be brought into such a situation, she had enough people who wanted her dead already. She did not need another. Her life would be hard enough to safeguard as is. "You can either tell me or I'll look myself. I'd rather you not make it difficult for me though."

As sweet and charming of a person Genesis could be, she was a survivor. She had lived her life doing what she had to to get by. Never having friends or others close to her, Genesis was not the most sympathetic person out there. She wasn't use to worrying about how people ended up or how they felt.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 24th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Sitting there catching his breath Rence knew she was right. She deserves to know why this man is chasing us. He didn't know where to start though or even how to tell her. Rence took a deep breath and started, "That man, he is... was the father of my best friend." He stopped for a second surprised he was actually telling someone his past.

Glancing towards Genesis he continued, "Earlier when we touched you saw a part of my past, me covered in blood...That's a big reason why this man is after us." He paused trying not to lose control of his emotions.

"One day I was out late training and decided it was time to go home. I was nearly there when I heard something from inside and I started running to see what was wrong." He looked down at his hands, "Walking in I found my family dead on the ground and my best friend standing there with a knife in hand. He killed them and he was coming towards me suddenly lunging at me thinking it would be an easy kill but somehow I reacted bringing out my dagger and stabbing him in the gut before he could even hurt me." He felt sick as he remembered watching the life leave his friend's eyes.

Rence closed his eyes picturing the horrible night, "His body went limp and fell onto me his blood staining my clothes. I heard people coming and ran away knowing I could never return for they probably believe I killed them all, even my own family. Now his father is after me bloodthirsty and wanting revenge...." His voice was filled with sadness and fear all at the same time.

He looked at Genesis expecting her to be scared and run away or to be very pissed off. He quickly turned away and said, "I'm sorry, I never wanted to get anyone else involved in this."
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 26th, 2012, 1:04 am

Genesis looked at him, perplexed. That was all?

No offense and all, but let me get this straight. You are ashamed and hiding and running because of something you didn't do? I can understand the avoidence of people like that guy, but you have nothing to hide. Your life has been tragic but you revenged them and you should move on now. If the man only knew what people were truly capable of. HE had no reason to live with regret.

I was conceieved during while my mother was raped, I never knew my father and really, neither did she. My mother died after I spent my entire childhood saving money and my adolescence.... doing things im not proud of, to keep her alive. I've lost everyone, but now you have this life to live. You can't let yourself die with them, you have to live. That's what they would want. Genesis looked off, her eyes transfixed in thoughts and memories, shadows Rence can't read.

She sighed, he was too nice. Rence, you did nothing wrong. Stop regretting your nonexistent mistakes. I don't mean to be harsh but people come and go. You just have to appreciate the time you are allowed with them. Even if you don't think it's nearly long enough.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 26th, 2012, 1:22 am

She was right, you have to enjoy your time with those people you care about no matter how much or how little. But yet she didn't understand that he could never settle down for he was always being hunted always being watched. It was proven today when they saw the boy and his friends father that they were still after him and still had spies watching for him.

"I don't think you understand what I mean. How can I live a calm life when every breath I take may be the last? How can I enjoy life when every person I meet may be a spy for my enemies? How can I enjoy my time when I am always being hunted by a hunter who will never give up?" He noticed his voice raised a bit. He felt bad that he let his anger get the best of him, almost taking it out on her.

Rence got up and opened the door letting the warm fresh air and sunlight into the room. "I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let my anger take over." He closed his eyes and took some deep breaths trying to calm down. "I am sorry about your past too. It's much worse than mine by far and you deserve a much better life than this one. You are right though. I should enjoy my time with those I care about. It's just hard how short and heartless life can be." Rence started to walk away hoping she wasn't going to go a different way. He gave a sigh of relief once he saw her walking next to him.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

Postby Genesis on March 26th, 2012, 1:28 am

Genesis followed him, understanding completely his fears. My life has been no worse than yours. It's all about where you end up and how it affected you. Her eyebrows crinkled and she frowned, deep in thought. Did she trust him enough, yes, she thought so.

I sold me body to pay for my mother's medicine. I have to run from that past like you have to run from yours. Being one of divination in this city, means that any moment, someone could discover me and kill me. But, Rence, it's almost beautiful. Ive began to love every moment so much more BECAUSE it could be my last. Each sunset is so much more colorful, each new day is wonderful. You kinda of have to think of it life that.
Genesis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rence on March 26th, 2012, 1:50 am

Rence continued walking not knowing what to say so he said nothing. They walked for a couple minutes in silence but finally broke it. That's horrible but yet so amazing. You would give yourself, your childhood for your mother's health." Rence stopped and looked at her thinking of how such an amazing person could have such a horrible past time.

I guess you're right though. If these are going to be my last few hours at least I am spending it with someone who sort of trusts me. Rence laughed a little and smiled but soon looked away frustrated. I'm sorry I put you in this danger. I never wanted to get anyone else involved.

After a few more twists and turn they finally made it to his home. He smiled and opened the door for Genesis, Welcome to my home. We should be safe here, for now. Walking in he looked around and saw everything in it's place, nobody has found him yet. He motioned her to a chair, Sorry it isn't much. I wasn't really expecting guests.
Rence
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext