[Alvadas Location] Kitrean Krafts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Crush on April 5th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Run by the Isurian family of Haolven, Kitrean Krafts serves as the focal point for most of the weaponry found within Alvadas. The current head of the Family and forge is one Vacielli Haolven, the thrice marked of Isur. Many rumours hang around the Head Smith and while none have been proven to be true, nobody has disproved one yet.

Kitrean Krafts moves rarely and can usually be found in the same spot for as long as a month. Like Isur himself, it is resilient and refuses to be moved or charged by the things around it. It is also rather large and proves as the first port of call for travelers from Sultros. Its small selection of rooms caters only to the Isur and possesses all the furnishings that an Isur would expect. The Haolven are tolerant and welcoming toward other customers as well, but other races are not offered the same privileges and discounts that an Isur might recieve in the shop. Isur are welcomed to stay a night, free of charge. Should they wish to stay longer, they are required to earn their keep in the Smith, thus, it is not only home to the Haolven family but other families as well.

The shop floor is rather spacious. Pristine weapons line the racks along the walls and in neat rows and aisles. Weapons of all shapes, sizes and materials are present for those who cannot afford the best steel or armour. The centerpiece of the entire collection is a suit of plate armour that stands tall behind the counter. It’s breastplate and engraves are ornate and delicate, like it was carved meticulously from stone. It is rumoured that the Isurian Steel of its breastplate has never been penetrated and heals itself should any damage occur.

At the very back of the shop is a door labeled "private". Entering this portal moves one into another world. A world of molten flames, blazing fires, clanging hammers and burning metal. The smith proper is a sight to behold. It has nothing on the Great Furnaces of Syliras and Sultros but it does not need to be such. There are always orders to be made and the family produces them to a high standard and short time frame.

NPC :
Vacielli Haolven Vizerian
Vacielli Haolven is a highly respected smith amongst the Alvadas community. He rarely crafts any weapons himself any more, taking on only the most elaborate requests. His sons and daughters do most of the routine work, while Vacielli minds the front of the shop. He can always be found milling about the shop floor, adjusting the weapon displays and greeting customers. Broad-shouldered and always wearing a pleasant smile, Vacielli inspires confidence in himself and in his craft.
Gnosis
Isur – 3

Skills
Organization 30
Negotiation 40
Weaponsmithing 80
Metalworking 72
Blacksmithing 78

Languages
Fluent: Isur, Common

History: Little is known of the Haolven family history. They are rumored to have come directly from Sultros, though nobody has any concrete proof of their origin. Vacielli brought his family to Alvadas a few decades ago and they proceeded to firmly root themselves in the Alvadas community.

Price List :
There are too many weapons available at Kitrean Krafts to include the price list here. Please refer to the weapons' section of the The Price List when making your selections.
Crush
Woooah!

Words: 9162
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2010, 9:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Malanos on February 2nd, 2011, 5:37 am

16th of Winter 510AV

Malanos found the home of his countrymen without a great deal of trouble. The locals seemingly knew where the building was to be found. They had made it very clear that this particular building didn't like to move, in fact it rarely moved more than once a day.

He walked in and called out in greeting "Greetings Brethren, I come in seek of a place to rest and possibly to work"
Last edited by Malanos on February 4th, 2011, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malanos
Player

Words: 9129
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2010, 8:30 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Navir on February 3rd, 2011, 12:04 pm

Navir walked in the building cradling his head against the upcoming headache, he found the building with no problem but it was the images and rather disturbing things he saw while he was on the streets where just so bizarre and unreal that his mind had a hard time even accepting that it existed.

Trying to push out those images and not think about them he just walked up towards the counter, eying the rows and rows of high quality weapons that where hanging on the walls, though he almost forgot himself and let his jaw drop to the floor as he saw the isurian steel plate armor standing tall and proud behind the counter.
While he was already impressed about the craftsmanship of the other weapons and armor displayed, this suit really showed the mastership of the people running the store.
Tearing his gaze away from the suit of armor he walked up to the isur manning the desk.
"Greetings brother," Navir said in isur also noticing the black arm unique to the pitrius clan. "My name is Navir firmhand pitrius, I am looking for a job as a smith and they pointed me towards this location."
Navir
Player

Words: 13909
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ulric on September 6th, 2011, 1:20 am

2nd of Fall, 511 AV

Ulric strode through the heavy door, trying not to gag at the acrid stench of smoke and molten metals, and moved to the counter. His dark eyes roved the racks of weapons and armor with glee. He was weary of fighting in patched, fraying leathers, yet as soon as he could’ve afforded to replace them, he had balked at the thought of parting with the coins. Now, he’d come to a decision. No longer would he wear the arms of a renegade.

Nodding at the smith, he shared a few jests before he began to search for what he needed. There was much to choose from. He quickly took up a pair of throwing axes, though not after checking their heft and balance, a round shield, and a short, heavy sword that would be perfect for hewing at necks. He took longer in selecting a helmet and a suit of scale and plate armor, but by the end he was confident they would serve his purpose.

Drawing a purse from the folds of his heavy, sable cloak, he counted out the right amount, then bent to heft his new armor.

Receipt :
Throwing axes (2) – 16 gm
Short sword – 10 gm
Shield, large, steel – 20 gm
Bolts (20) – 2 gm
Padded Armor – 5 gm
Scale Armor – 50 gm
Back and Breast – 50 gm
Helmet, nasal – 20 gm

Total = 173 gm
Ulric
The Warrior-Poet

Words: 629666
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 8th, 2011, 8:22 pm

3 Fall 511 AV

It was still early in the morning, and Bones found himself walking along through the city. The sun had not even risen, and yet he was out and about... And today he found himself at the smithy... A place he did not really frequent... But it appeared there was something there for him... Some purpose...

Looking around Kitrean Krafts, he saw an Isur eying him from the counter. He was a bit suspicious, since he was here rather early, and not many came at this time of the day.

Nothing really seemed to stand out to much, he had his gladius he liked to use, which was usually enough... Though perhaps he could use something else...

Bones passed several shelves, nothing catching his eye... Armor? He could not use it if he planned to transform... Daggers? Not much point, he had one, and barely used it... Swords? He had his gladius, and it was from his father...

Then something different caught his eye.... It stood out from the others... It was a Great Hammer! Few humans used them due to their great weight and the strength required for one... But hefting it in his grip, and with his strength, Bones could easily move it around. With his additional strength, especially when in dhani form, he would be able to handle it a lot better and faster than a weak human... It would be little to him, almost light!

It had a long strong solid steel handle, which protruded out of the bottom of the hammer segment. It had to be sturdy to hold the weight of the top part that was used to strike things. It had plenty of room for swinging, and would allow it to be used from a much greater distance than his gladius.

And though it was meant to be used with two hands, Bones could still use it reasonably well with just one. Though if he only used one hand in his human form, the force behind an attack would only be a bit better than a two handed strike from an average human... It might be better to just use both hands... Then with his strength it would cause ridiculous amounts of damage to whatever it came into contact with. Even more as a dhani!

The top part looked similar to a mallet, made out of dense sturdy steel like the handle was... It looked a bit like a double ended mallet on the top segment, with one end being a large section meant for smashing things, and being used like a hammer might. And the other slowly tapering to a point and extending out a bit longer than the hammer side, to become a point. Though one that was much thicker than you would find on a warhammer. That side would pierce throw plate armor like it was parchment if it hit full on! At least when he wielded it!

Definitely a Great Hammer was superior in every way to a warhammer, was bigger, heavier, sturdier, more solid, and more deadly! It was settled, Bones would have this monster of a weapon!

He would gladly pay the 80GM for it, and was ready to try his new weapon as he payed the isur the gold, and went on with his new purchase.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gunto on February 6th, 2012, 11:09 am

Gunto strode into the shop with purpose, nevermind the fact that he'd had to enlist a helpful citizen's aid just to find the place. Savage as he may have looked, the Myrian had collected a goodly sum doing mercenary work over the years. By the looks of him, no one would have known it. He intended to change that today.

He struck up with a conversation with an Isur working the shop, and after a bit of banter concerning Gunto's outlandish appearance and the Isur's portliness, they got down to business.

"I'm in need of much. I have only these left, and they are finished." Gunto complained, unbuckling one of his sheathed kukri's and tossing it to the smith. He caught it deftly and unsheathed it, grimacing at the battered steel that was flecked with rust and showing multiple chips along it's edge. "The others are worse. You can have them to melt down, or whatever you do. I care not, I will just toss them in an alley otherwise. I need three of those. Except I want a bar, you know the name. It goes over the knuckles."

Despite not being able to describe what he wanted in common, the Isur understood. He did make a point of telling Gunto he would not receive a discount for the blades he had offered, which Gunto accepted with a bitter sigh.

When it was all said and done, Gunto had a pile of metal and weapons, and the giant sack of Miza's he'd brought in seemed a feather. The workers took pity on him as he pathetically tried to fit it all into his arms, and gave him a giant burlap sack to stuff his goods. Gunto put a fist to his heart in thanks as he hoisted the bag over his shoulder. A rip sounded, a thick blade jabbing out of the sack and nearly taking a chunk out of his leg. Gunto grumbled and retreated from the shop, content that he'd look a proper warrior once he put this all together.

receipt :
Cold Iron Kukri x3 - 72gm
Throwing Axe x3 - 24
Whetstone x10 - 1sm
Buckskin Armor - 30gm
Studden Armor - 25gm
-----
Total - 151gm, 1sm
2.10.12 - I have spoken to Cade, who has agreed to allow me use of the Khal Drogo pictures of Jason Momoa.
Gunto
Sometimes, looks are not deceiving

Words: 64151
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 12:09 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Al Sahaba Maulakim on March 15th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Spring 15, 512
Al walks up to the Smith, asking to buy 10 Throwing Daggers. He then puts 10 GMs on the counter, and the Smith returns with the daggers.
"Thank you, Sir. If you don't mind, I do plan on coming back often," He said, then walked out before the blacksmith could respond.
My CS Page
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic19432.html

I am looking for a job that pays relatively well. If you can give me one, PM me.
Al Sahaba Maulakim
Player

Words: 2809
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2012, 1:53 am
Race: Human, Benshira

Postby Ortha Quickdraw on July 2nd, 2012, 10:20 am

Alvadas was quiet. Quiet, as normal. Alvadas wasnt a battlefield. It was mysterious. Very much so. Apart from the hooves clacking over the paved roads. That horse, a fine beauty she was, belonged to Ortha Quickdraw. Who was seated on her back, just searching for the docks. The last time he was here, this street took him directly to the sea, and the ships. Behind that corner, the sea would wait, and then... Nothing. Behind the corner, there was another street. A baker, a small house, and a blacksmith.

"Oh, hell what now, Bernard. Are we playing games now?" Ortha always hated it when this city changed it's appearance. He should have know, offcourse, this city is as unstable as Sunberth politics. But for once, he hoped on a sweet passage. Wrong. Ortha scratched the back on his head, and began to play with his beard, which was swirling in the ocean winds. He stood there, thinking for a moment what he would do. Then, he began to mumble. "Well, I'm out of weapons anyway... Might as well...". With a single jump, Ortha stood next to his horse. He tied her to a fence nearby, just to make sure noone would nick her. With steady steps, Ortha walked towards the door, his coat waving behind him. He liked his waving coat, he figured it would give him some authority. he hoped that, at least.

With a funny jingle, the door opened, and Ortha walked in. He almost bumped his head on the doorpost. He looked around the store, and wondered how he would navigate trough this maze of deadly, sharp objects without ripping his coat, his flesh or his internal organs. As if there was a miracle, Ortha managed to get to the wall with axes, without any immidiate damage. He only pierced his hand with a pitchfork, which was no problem at all if you look at the other risks... With his right hand, he brushed along all the weapons on this wall. A rapier hung tip-down on the wall, but it didnt really apeal to Ortha. He walked along bows, arrows, of which he took 20 short-bow arrows, then he proceed towards the axes. And immidiatly, he fell in love. There it was, a big, double-bladed axe. Staring at him. With all the care of the world, he picked it from the wall, and placed it next to him. It came up just under his armpits, a great size for his profession. With the axe in one hand, and the arrows in the other, he walked towards the counter, and placed them on it. He mumbled, he was hit by the beauty of the weapon. It was hi brush, and he was the artist. Honistly, he couldnt wait. So, he wrote something on a piece of paper, describing his purchase, and on the piece, he put a bag of coins.

"Dear sir,

Your weapons are of the finest quility I have ever seen. This will cover the expenses. I only took
- An axe, 60 gm
-20 shortbow arrows. 1gm
Regards,

Ortha Quickdraw"

With his newly aquired masterpieces, Ortha ran to his horse, tied his axe to the saddle and went off again. "There is one thing I need to do first..." he whispered to his horse, as he went off in a direction. Which one didnt matter here, in Alvadas.
Ortha Quickdraw
Player

Words: 6718
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2012, 9:32 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Jerle on October 28th, 2013, 7:13 pm

22nd Day of Fall 513 A.V

Vrael noticed the subtle differences in the shop when he stepped in. It had been some years since he was last in and his collection of weapons had only grown exponentially.

The Isurian blacksmith was well known in Alvadas so the was where Vrael went for his expertise. He walked through the impressive gallery until he was created by Vacieli himself.

"Greetings. And welcome to Kitram's Kraft. How can I help you?" He asked very friendly.

"I have a request for something you might have never seen before." Vaceli's eyes narrowed slightly in interest.

"It's a sword with a single edge, long and slightly curved blade. A two handed hilt-"

"Ahh you mean a Katana?" He said with the excitement slowly draining out of his eyes.

"Yes! How did you know? A man at the temple showed me the art but he was the only man I knew to wield such weapon."

"Who do you think made it for him?" Vaceli winked. "Come to the counter I have what you're looking for."

They walked over to his counter and from behind the counter he unearthed a beautiful container. He sat it on the table in front of the Shannara. Opening the case Vrael was greeted by a beautiful gold and black embroidered hilt and scabbard with a steel katana.

"All yours for 100 GM."

"Sold." He pulled out the money, slapped it on the table. He took the money and gave him his prize. He finally got his own blade.

"Thanks for shopping at Kitram's Kraft."
Jerle
Knight of Syliras

Words: 2877
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 9:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nethys on December 8th, 2014, 8:35 am

51st of Summer 468 AV

Nethys had come to Alvadas knowing of the smithy. So far away from his peoples homeland. He sought the place out with little difficulty, as it practically was the first thing to catch his eye when his ship moored at the docks. After departing the boat he wandered his way to the place. Making a point to go straight there. He hoped that here he would find his home, that it would be here he could learn what he felt he could not in the clan hold of his people...
Nethys
Player

Words: 3164
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2014, 6:47 am

Next