[Evalin's Scrapbook] A Summoner's Guided to the World

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2012, 1:02 am

OK I have been a knot on a log for faaaar too long. Evalin has been sitting in my head just waiting to be let out, and now that testing and work has eased up a bit I feel like I can write again. That being said prepare for a storm of posts!

Coren: I need to start our thread plots in Avanthal
Iggy: Gotta get you nuitified! You are near the top of my list because this is a good plot for Eva too :)
Miro: I must reply to our thread. It has been ages, and now that I know how Evalin acts I can, with confidence, post for you now. Prepare!

Solos: I must RP Evalin unlocking her Staff's powers, Get her solos in Ravok finished (part of the way done with that plot) and do more reimancy/Summoning Solos.

Other projects: I still have a summoning world to finish and post for peer review! That has been sitting far too long.

Wake up thread: Will be posted to tonight! Yes I must move that quest along.

More to come tonight! I am so ready to write for Evalin again so wish me luck!

Nira: We HAVE to get a thread soon! I need more threads for Fall and I need them with you, Eri, Rayage and Miro and Wren. Imass as well probably lol. Expect PM's those I have listed :)

Till then, keep writing XD
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Ok so I LOVE Phantom of the Opera. I sing it, i can play it on Piano, I listen to the soundtrack almost daily. I ADORE it to no ends! So its about time some of it makes it to my scrap. And here it is:

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Ok this is going here as well because it is pure epicness.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on September 28th, 2012, 9:00 pm

OK last one for now I promise. This right here is going to be a theme of a thread for Evalin. Those who want to join it feel free, but come on it is like... so creepy and Halloweeny feeling I love it!

Sorry could not get the Youtube feature to work
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on October 1st, 2012, 4:19 pm

Yes it is October! This is my absolute most favorite month of the entire year! It's a time for creepiness, candy and scaring your friends and family! Halloween specials are starting to come on, black and orange dots the isles in all the stores, and costumes and cool and creepy goodies abound! I can now go shop at Spirit of Halloween again! I can watch scary movies and not be embarrassed that I sleep with a night light that night >.>. Yes it's that time of year once again! Also, its time to get my dear Evalin in the spirit as well ;).
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on October 1st, 2012, 5:05 pm

I love Halloween season as well. Its my absolute favorite time of year. I'm practically bouncing in my seat as I saw the month change over!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Evalin on October 1st, 2012, 5:43 pm

OMG me too! In fact just to show my love of the month:

I am so giddy I could jump out of my spooky tights and fake tattoo arm-sleeves!
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on October 3rd, 2012, 5:54 am

I am not sure why but I have been on a video binge for the last few days. I keep coming up with some really cool ones, and some of them seem to fit well with Eva's themes. Expect to see some of these appear in my threads. This next one might appear sooner than you think...

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on October 7th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Bite Sized Philosophy

"Behind every action there is an instantaneous belief."

I have seen and read this quote countless times over the last couple of years, and for very good reason. It is actually written right on the wall of the public restroom in the library. I see it all the time, I read it all the time, and every time I think about just how true those words are. For ever action there is an instantaneous belief.

Let us first figure out what exactly is meant by an "action".

Action- The fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim

So an action is any action or process of doing SOMETHING, and so that opens up many possibilities for this quote to be used. I might perform an action by writing a poem, run a marathon, or even call to tell someone that I love them just before they leave on a long journey. We perform actions in every day life, in everything we do there is an action of some kind.

Belief- An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.

A belief is an acceptance that something is true or that something exists. It is also synonymous with Faith which is defined as a complete trust or confidence in someone or something. To believe then is to wholly accept and trust in something or someone, and from the definitions this can be spread further to encompass more than simply people or things. One can have a belief that what they are doing is true or good, or they might believe that something is wholly wrong or bad. Beliefs can be on either ends of the spectrum, and even anywhere in between. In all belief, and faith, revolves around an acceptance of something, and what one believes might not necessarily be true for others.

Finally we look at Instantaneous, or "instant" for the purpose of this exercise. Something that is instant is defined as happening or coming immediately. In other words there is no delay, no hesitation at all.

Now then, with all of our definitions spelled out for us lets look at the quote once again: "Behind every action there is an instantaneous belief."

"Behind every process or act of doing something there is an immediate acceptance that it is true."

Simply put at the time of any action we perform we accept that what we are doing is the right thing, or at least the right thing in our own minds. If we right a poem we believe that at the time our words are what we are really feeling or thinking. If we call someone we love we might, at that time, feel it is the right thing to do. Now does that mean that this is always the case? Is what we feel is right always the right thing to do? Of course not. There are times when we might believe we should do something, and in the end it would have been better to do nothing at all. However, still in that moment when we first decided to act we DID in fact feel that what we were doing was right, even if our intentions were to cause a wrong to occur.

So ends my little Bite Sized Philosophy session for the day. Continue to question and seek wisdom in this world.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on October 7th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Im addition here is another pic for Halloween!

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext