[Thorns Scrapbook] A dive into hell

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Thorn Blackwood on April 10th, 2010, 4:45 am

Well first things first.

Background info:
My real name is Ashley.

I'm 14 years old. Bday is dec 1st.

I move back and forth between ohio and michigan every few years.

History: Well i'm just going to say now if you read this i'm not mental. I won't take any s**t from people about my history. Well I used to be a nice happy naive girl. Or as naive as you can be for a 12 year old. I had a lot of friends. I was really hyper all the time. 13th birthday everythings going great. I'm still some naive hyper kid with a ton of friends. A few months after I turned 13 I was waiting for my sister to get home from cedar point. Her 3friends were going to drop her off at our house. She was sitting in the passenger seat. I was waiting outside on the porch because about 5minutes earlier she told me she was almost home. We weren't the closest siblings but I wanted to tell her something. I watched the road and saw they were coming down the road that connects to my street. That was when I noticed the man that was speeding past my house. Well my sister and her friends didn't notice him. Right when they turned the corner he ran into the passenger side. I didn't know what seat she was in and instead of calling 911 like I should have I ran to the wreck. I opened the back door on the opposite side of the crash and her two friends crawled out. I opened the drivers door and the driver was unconcious. I looked over her at the passenger side. There was a lot of blood. Way to much blood. The metal was pretty much through her entire body. Her head, stomach, legs, chest. She was dead on impact. The guy that did it I saw at her roadside memorial that we put there. He put a boquet of flowers down next to a bunch of teddybears and other flowers. Seeing that may have been the hardest part of it all. He just hadn't been paying attention. He wasn't using his phone, or anything else. I was traumatized for weeks. I started two really bad habits. I was only 13 but I was drinking and cutting. My parents got me counciler after counciler and nothing helped. I was an addict. That was when the next event happend. My parents were great people. My dad worked for the animal cops in flint/detroit and he saved a ton of animals. My mom owned a veterinary hospital that saved countless numbers of abused animals rescued by the animal cops and local pet owners wounded pets. They would always ride home together. One night on there way home they were going down one of the more dangerous streets in flint/detroit. They got shot. There were two gangs having a fight and they thought they could be reinforcements for the other gang. So I attended the 2nd funeral in 1year. Now my whole family is dead. Then a month after that I was walking with my older friend. She was holding my dogs leash. That was when two men jumped us and she got away because my dog bit the one but I was trapped. They raped me and got away. I got pregnant. I got an abortion and that was probably the worst choice I ever made. I think it was worse then cutting and drinking even though the cutting landed me in the hospital about 6times. Now I live with my wonderful cousin and my dog snowflake. I went to a teens rehab place and now I have not cut or drank in a while and I don't plan to ever again.

Alright yell if you must. I just needed to get that off my chest. I know cutting is stupid but it doesn't make me mental. I can't even think of the abortion without crying so don't even tell me it was bad or horrible. Well that's it for first scrapbook entry. Sorry it was so depressing future subjects will be a little more pleasant.
Thorn Blackwood
Player

Words: 5019
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2010, 7:28 pm
Race: Human

Postby Thorn Blackwood on April 10th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Wow..Didn't realize I wrote so much last night. I was in a really depressed mood. Well about today then. First I went to the Eastern Market then greektown in detroit.

My cousin and I left for the Eastern Market at aobut 9:30. When we got there it was packed with people. We bought a ton of fruit and vegetables. We also bought a pussywillow. Then for the greatest item we got mushrooms. A whole bag of portabello mushrooms. There was a wonderful barbaque going on in front of one of the restaurants on the side. You could smell it the whole time we were shopping. Finally when we were done (about 3hours later) we couldn't stand it any longer and ran over to the other side of the street for some delicious ribs.

About 10 minutes after the ribs we decided to do some sightseeing. We mostly coasted half of detroit. It was a lot of fun and we got to do a lot of people watching. After about an hour of this we headed to Belle Isle Park. It was really pretty and in the center was a giant fountain. It wasn't turned on yet but it was still really pretty. My cousin who always had another book to read wanted to stop and lay in the grass and read for a while. I also had a book with me so for about two hours we sat reading in the grass.

We had to be home by five for something my cousin had to do. It was already 3. We were starting to get hungary again and decided to go to greektown for a small lunch. Okay it wasn't really that small. We ordered a greek salad and saganaki. For those of you who may not know what saganaki is your missing out. It's pretty much flaming cheese. They set it on fire in front of your table and say "OPA!". Then they pour lemon juice on it to stop the fire. You then spread the cheese over bread or pitas. That's all we got and I must say it was delicious. By the time we were done it was 4:25. Just enough time to get home.

Overall it was an awesome day. Except for the part where my cousin drove into a really bad area and I thought I was going to be shot. There was definate gang activities going on and I swear I saw a drug dealer.
Thorn Blackwood
Player

Postby Kamalia Timandre on April 10th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Hey, Ashley. I just felt really sad reading your first post. I suddenly feel like I don't have any right to be sad about my own situation. I just want you to know that we are here to help you out when you are feeling down or lonely. :)
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Thorn Blackwood on April 12th, 2010, 1:25 am

Thanks Kamalia. Really needed a buddy :)
Thorn Blackwood
Player

Postby Alice on April 12th, 2010, 7:24 pm

I second Kamalia ... If you ever need someone to talk to, there's plenty of friendly and understanding folks around.

Also, I'm a bit into psychology and I like listening and giving advice to people, so please don't feel alone. We're all here to help you if you let us. :)

And I'm looking forward to seeing your character concept!
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Thorn Blackwood on April 15th, 2010, 1:00 am

Thanks alice :) Sorry for the late reply I've been really busy with soccer x_x I'll come talk to you if I need to thanks for the offer :)
Thorn Blackwood
Player