As The Raven Flies (Sahashkalila/Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Chevalier on August 17th, 2012, 5:12 am

"Noooo! Noooo!" the diminutive Charoda cried, gripping fiercely upon it's parent. The mother seemed to be speaking in the language of their people toward the child, desperately attempting to remove him from his father, but with little success. Blood was just everywhere from all manners of races now. The metallic smell of its very freshness was so strongly in the air, untainted by the scent of decay due to the newness of all of the injuries. Indeed, everything had in fact 'happened so fast' that death hadn't even gotten a chance to have its way with the bodies yet.

The Dhani, though dealing with an especially painful injury, had the least potential for dying. Quite luckily the fleshy female object struck protected from the blade going any deeper and carving deeply into something much more necessary in her body. "He's not like this, he's not!" the child said, those dark eyes staring upward at Kalila.

"My mate, he has changed. Do not defile his remains." the mother spoke, almost appearing to prepare to shoo Kalila away. Despite her reluctance in having anything to do with the healer, the child seemed desperate enough to overcome any potential skepticism.

"No, she said she'll help! Please help my daddy. Do anything you can, anything." the weeping youngster fumbled a bit over his words. Of course, looking at the various injuries the mother knew that her husband would be joining with the coral soon.

"I cannot." S'Vanka replied. She was clearly very focused, but it was her own injuries that were making her attempts at healing Hethe so difficult. The divinity channeled through her was fueled by the force of her own will, her own confidence, and just like anyone it began to wane as her concentrated lapsed here and there from her beaten state.

It essentially appeared as if there was no hope for the Charoda, but perhaps it was better that way? Just how much death had he managed to deal out before finally succumbing to his own wounds. It was fitting that a killer had met his own end, wasn't it? It wouldn't be until Kalila turned back toward the injured man at her feet that she would feel an unusual sensation tracing down her shoulder. Long, dark locks fell across her skin, blown slightly in a short, stiff breeze. The medical kit fell to the ground, released by the fair hands of a pale skinned, dark haired woman. She seemed to be taller than Kalila by several inches. Leather laces traced their ways across her ankles from a pair of sandals she wore, disappearing into her white, volumious robes.

"Oh my child..." her hands came down across Kalila's shoulders, and they had with them such a powerful warmth. It was as if the sun was showing brightly down upon her, radiating all around from the deserts sands back home, "...to think you cold would be impossible with this level of warmth in your heart. So quickly you forgive, it is a rare thing." for a moment the woman's hand began moving across Kalila's shoulder inward, toward the source of her injury. It almost appeared as if it's destination was someplace inappropriate, however it seemed to stop right at the depression between her collar bones. A strange numbness filled her pain for a moment, but so quickly had it faded it was almost like washing dirt from a pair of soiled hands, and with it went Kalila's injury. Simply standing next to the woman felt like being in the direct vicinity of a beacon of life. She turned Kalila by the shoulders slightly so they could more directly face one another, "You've already shown the desire to help this man, would you allow me to help you then?"
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sahashkalila on September 8th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Kalila could not deny the shiver that passed through her at the smell of all the fresh blood that had been spilled, her natural instincts telling her that it was something good while she battled with her nature. It was hard to do with the stinging injury that she had received by the dying...man at her feet, blood seeping through her fingertips as she struggled to keep pressure on the wound. The small child didn't seem to be making matters any better and her heart twisted at the sight of him, so desperate to save his parent when the man was clearly near his death. That didn't mean that Kalila wasn't going to try to save him, knowing that the man that attacked her didn't deserve to die at the feet of his family.

"Pleassse, pleassse let me help, I can do my best," she said to the pair, the mother clearly reluctant to allow her to heal her husband when the man clearly wasn't in his right mind. "I can at leassst take away hisss pain,"she said, directing her words more towards the mother than the young child. She was not going to tell the young child that his father was going to die, and he would of S'Vanka did not hurry.....but the sound of S'Vanka's voice made her heart sink.

Kalila turned to see the woman struggling to heal Hethe, clearly focusing all of her energy to heal the fallen Jamoura and herself from the severity of their own injuries. She was using her own sheer will, because her strength was zapped....and Kalila could see that she could ask no more of the blonde healer. What was she to do? Even if Kalila did hurry and grab the medicine bag there was no guarantee that she would be able to save her attacker, the amount of blood that he had lost was her ultimate concern. She did not wish for more death on this day, even though he had dealt out so much.

But before she could kneel and begin to remove the wood lodged into his thigh, she felt a strange warmth at her back, and a slight tickling of something brushing against her arm.....which to her surprise, was dark brown hair. Hands gently clasped her shoulders and she felt a warmth pass through her, almost as if she was basking in the desert sun and all her aches and pains seemed to dissolve, as if they never existed. Her eyes closed briefly and she sighed, just accepting what was happening as if it happened everyday, the woman's words washing over her with the same warmth that her presence seemed to bring. She stiffened slightly as one of her hands moved farther inward, slightly caught off guard by the motion as the hand rested between her breasts.....and then she gasped. Warmth flowed from her very hand and seemed to seep in Kalila's being, the pain that she felt from her injury was gone, and so was any other injury. She took her hand away from her breast in awe, suddenly understanding that she was in a divine presence. This was the woman that Jorg prayed to, and as the hands on her shoulders turned her to face the goddess, Kalila was finally able to look into the face of Rak'keli, a mixture of emotions passing through her.

Kalila had no faith in the gods and goddesses, not that she intentionally would try and anger them, but she did not feel that they had ever been there for her. So while she was grateful to her for healing her....why had she chosen now to help Kalila, over a creature that she did not know and had tried to kill her. Kalila could not meet the eyes of the goddess in front of her, and so she lowered her gaze respectfully, looked at the sandaled feet in front of her. "Help me,"she said quietly, pain that no amount of healing could fix evident in her voice, "why are you helping me now...I'm not....I'm not worthy of your help."
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Chevalier on October 5th, 2012, 10:26 pm

The Charoda woman backed up a few steps, the fierceness and desperation in her eyes replaced by awe and confusion. With her she took the child, whom was gasping for breath after the most recent stint of screaming and crying. To say they were put at ease by the appearance of the divine woman wouldn't be appropriate, it was more a sense of uncertain understanding. Without words being spoken toward them they seemed to understand to give both women space to work, and Rak'keli smoothly maneuvered down to her knees, looking over the attackers injuries while simultaneously attempting to reply to Kalila.

"It is the burden of a healer to understand that they can never truly answer that question. The 'why' is always because 'we must', but sometimes we lack the hands to cradle all the world. If you simply remember 'if you can, then you must', you will become strong. If you cannot then do not grieve, as it is the healers will, not their sadness, which will bring vitality to those around you. Come, let us work." her request was not demanding, but still filled with the urgency appropriate for the level of injuries they were dealing with.

"Place your hands upon him. Feel his mortality. You must make a connection with him. Understand his pain, and then believe you can relieve him of it. The injuries are filled with grime, you must clean them. Things you cannot see with your eyes will hinder the healing process, they must be destroyed. Do not contemplate how, as that is best left to medicine. Simply understand that you can." With no hesitation the white robed Goddess snapped the shaft lingering within the Charoda's calf at it's end before pulling it clean through and applying direct pressure with her bare hand. Bubbles of blood rose up from the opposite side of the wound as skin and tissue began to mend beneath the visible surface of the skin.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Sahashkalila on October 21st, 2012, 2:13 pm

Hands to cradle the world. Yes she wished she could cradle the world. She wished she could wipe pain and suffering from it completely....but she could not. She could only do what she knew how to do, forever hoping that it was enough. The goddess beside her could heal with the touch of her hand, a feat that Kalila would never fully be able to do. And while she could not save her own family, she could save those that were around her. Yes she would continue to grieve, but she could not let it continue to rule her life. She had been given a great gift, even though it felt like a burden at times, it was still a great gift. It was time that she learned to really accept it.

She nodded quickly in the direction of the goddess, her words spoken lightly but filled with an unmistaken urgency. The man at her feet was dying, and she knelt down next to her, watching her closely. A small part of her that was not intently focused made a humbling realization. She was working and learning from a goddess, the best teacher that she would ever have. The thought was quick and fleeting, one that she quickly pushed away as she listened to the woman beside her. She wanted her to....just put her hands on him? Healing could not be done through just sheer will....could it? She watched in amazement however as the skin and blood beneath Rak'keli's hand began to bubble, healing even as she spoke. Kalila gritted her teeth in determination and looked to the gashes across his chest and arm, leaning and placing a hand on each.

She didn't understand exactly what passed through her as soon as her hands touched the damaged flesh, but she immediately felt his mortality beneath her fingertips, her eyes closing as other emotions seemed to pass through her as well. Pain, sorrow, fear, confusion, and a faint flickering of life. This man did not deserve to die like this, not at the feet of his own family.

You will not die this day, she thought mentally, her brows furrowing as she concentrated on the injuries beneath her fingers.

How was she to do it though? Just imagine what she was doing? That seemed to make the most sense in her mind, so she concentrated on the first step, cleaning the wounds. Rak'keli said that there would be grime and perhaps infection, so Kalila imagine a string of warm light, not hot enough to hurt the man, but enough to clean and get rid of anything that may lead to an infection. She let that light flow over the wounds, removing the black that she imagined in her mind as the dirt that had accumulated. What would be the next step then? Bringing the tissues together, just like stitching? The wounds were not exceptionally deep, but they would need stitching regardless. Maybe she just had to imagine them coming together, sealing as if they had never been there. So the imagined the skin beneath coming together of its own accord, the tissues sealing together and stopping the blood flow. She let instinct guide her, letting her mind follow its logical process as if she was treating a patient any other way. She could only hope that it would be enough.

oocTell me if I am doing this wrong, but this is how I imagine the gnosis working, meaning that there had to be some kind of knowledge of how the body works and following that process inside the mind when using will to heal. But if I did not do it correctly then please let me know. I hoped to pose this theory to others about the gnosis.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Chevalier on December 10th, 2012, 1:24 am

It seemed the Dhani had the guts to place her hands directly upon injuries, that was the first task of any healer. There was no injury or illness too unsightly that a true healer could not place their hands upon. The common man or woman could be made ill by the site of bone, blood, infection, gangrene, or other unsightly injuries and bodily diseases, but those chosen by Rak'keli could not. They must not. Beneath the hands of a healer, all there was...was death and life. The Goddess did not worry about staining her hands, as the hands of a healer were not meant to be clean. The blood of the injured was the markings of a healers best attempt.

As Kalila worked upon the gashes, she noticed a brief pulsing of the blood that flowed between the grooves made by those lacerations. Though it typically oozed, there was a sudden rush, a washing almost. Bits of dirt and muck rose to the top, slowly being pulled away. Almost like washing the suds from a cup, the wound became overfull, and the extra contents simply ran down the skin, carrying with it the plight of impure organisms that almost no man on the face of Mizahar could ever hope to see.

"Yes, that's it." the Goddess commented, not even needed to watch Kalila's work to know it was having an effect. Beneath her hands every inch of the Charoda was understood. All of his body was in plain view, both inside and out, to her. As the fluidity of his state changed, Rak'keli could feel it. One day, it was very possible that Kalila could as well. The coloring that surrounded the flesh of the wounds was next, losing its deep bruising tone and starting to move forward a more natural shade. One way or another, it seemed the visualizations the Dhani was using were effective.

The man beneath the two women gargled slightly, sputtering, his breaths labored. However, as sure as the two continued their attentions, the air that came into and out of his lungs became stronger and stronger. "He will live, the strongest danger has passed. My other chosen has done well in her duty also...", she was of course speaking of the Konti woman, "...but keep that concentration, help him to stabilize. I must work upon the state of his mind, let me see here..."
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Office

Postby Capricious on April 20th, 2013, 3:06 am

Hi There!

This thread is being closed due to Sahashkalila's lack of activity. If and when Sahashkalila returns, this thread will be graded upon request. Thank you for the understanding.

-Capri

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous