[Flashback] First Day Jitters (Liandra)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Far below the water's surface is the living coralline city of the Charodae, Charbosi. Inaccessible to those who cannot breathe underwater, Charbosi is a city of culture and peace. [Lore]

Postby Warden Thrice on April 10th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Spring 1st, 496

“Eorar. Come, dear.”

“No! I don’t wanna!”

“You’re going to have to come along some time.”

“No!”

“Eorar, come.”

“I don’t wanna!”

The small child thrashed in the water, doing his best to wriggle free of the woman who held him and swim away, but her hand was firm. She pulled him calmly after her in a manner only a mother could achieve, and all his writhing was for naught.

He calmed immediately when he saw the first person, shifting alarmingly quickly from the desire to escape to the desire to hide. He dashed as close to his mother as he possibly could, moving directly beneath her body to try and shield himself from all the eyes that he was sure were staring at him. He was sure he heard her chuckle.

They stopped at the entrance to a great coralline building, and as his mother floated gracefully to the sea floor he squeaked and took cover behind her.

“Darling, it’s alright. Come out.”

He peeked from around her legs, then quickly hid again. The open area in front of the school was teeming with other Charodean children and their parents, eager for their first day of school. Some were old, some were young, but even if Eorar wasn’t the youngest he was definitely the smallest.

He sensed another adult approaching and wrapped his arms around his mother’s feet, doing his best to merge his face with her calves. He heard her laugh and greet the other person, but didn’t care. He just wanted to go back home.
Warden Thrice
Player

Words: 85661
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:56 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Liandra on May 5th, 2012, 3:37 am

Liandra was swimming ahead of her mother, as was custom for trips with her parents to school. She was nine now, so school was commonplace for a few years now. And since the trip to school took several chimes, her parents turned it into a time where their ever curious daughter could discuss any topic her active young mind thought up. Today it was the Storm Lord, Zulrav.

"Mama, Zulrav is the winds right?"

"Yes love, he's the Storm Lord."

Do he, Laviku, and Mak.. Makenzi not get along? Is that why they fight and make storms?

"It's Makutsi love, and they get along just fine. Storms are necessary for the oceans, it makes everything right as rain, as Makutsi would say."

"Do the gods really hear our prayers Mama? I can't even here you when you yell at me from across our reef."

Her mother rolled her eyes, she knew Liandra could hear her when she called, but with her curiosity, came her exploration of lying and pushing boundaries. She shrugged. She would grow out of it.

"Yes love, they can hear you no matter where you are, you just have to pray."

Liandra closed her seemingly huge eyes, clasped her hands together "Dear Laviku, Lord of All the Seas, Zulrav, the Storm Lord, and Makutsi, the Queen of Water Fresh, please watch over me today at school, and protect my mama and papa from all the bad things. Especially the Myrians."

Her mother grabbed her webbed hand as the traffic of school arrivals got a bit thicker. She already loses the curious critter at least twice a week, she really needed eyes in the back of her head to watch that girl. The pair swam up to a mother and her particularly small son, and the two mothers began making small talk. Liandra, on the other hand, was staring at the boy that was burrowing into his mother's legs like some sort of crab. She swam over to him and poked him hard in the shoulder, "Whatchya doin'? I'm Liandra! You look like an eel trying to get into a hole that isn't there!" She then stuck out her tongue and swam away from the boy, trying to incite him to chase her.

Liandra is accepting any and all thread requests.
Liandra
Who Ya Gonna Call?

Words: 108927
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 5:11 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Schism on July 17th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Grading Time!
Warden Thrice
Skill(s)
Escape Artist +1 He tried, and it was so cute. I know that feel! “Let go, mom!”
Swimming +1
Lore(s)
Those First Day Jitters!
Security of a Parent
Note(s)
I’m not sure if this PC is coming back, but the names flipping all over confuse me a bit. Is the PC Eorar, or Warden. Also, the CS description of a Charoda is very inconsistent with the lore, as in needing an intervention from a liaison worthy. Please read the lore, people. :D Like, no hair dude…

Liandra
Skill(s)
Swimming +1
Lore(s)
The Gods are Listening
Poking Around the New Kid
Note(s)
Little Liandra’s cute. It seems she knows a thing or two about the Gods and their domains prior to this so I held off on such lore. “Makenzi…” oh goodness.

Well, that was easy! Salvaged what I could. The little flippers swimming are good points for novices. Be sure you visit Falyndar when Charbosi is up and running.
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office