[Zinrah/Jungle Wilds AS Office - Schism] The Argument

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Schism on June 15th, 2012, 2:58 am

…with myself,
Schism
Assistant Storyteller of Zinrah

Welcome to Falyndar...

The flurry of green becomes inescapable as you press further into the wilderness. Calls from above echoing against the bark pierce yours ears, followed by the wilds howls of the hunter. Your heart races. The blurred colors begin to melt in the incredible heat of the forested lands. You progress further, pressing hard as your legs ache and burn, ready to fall off once they served their purpose.

A tiger roars like thunder. The end is coming, but still you run with all of your might. The limbs around you interlock as if to hand you over to the hunters. Others yet reach out to curve and grasp with their thorny holds to greedily take you for themselves. The wizz of an object soaring beside you is heard. The thump into the thick trunk ahead reveals a large envenomed arrow. There is no time left.

As they finally close around you, the jungle breaking apart at every end as the savage hunters lunge for the kill, their furred beast shredding through the foliage ready to swipe off your head, you fall. The world you knew, bright and green, becomes dark...black. You can only look up to see their faces disappear into the blackness above and around you, their final glimpses: a mix of puzzled and grim looks. In the lightless world you are caught in the cool water. The clap of your body resonated throughout the sunless cavern, and for a moment you find peace in the suspension of the fluid.

You emerge. You are soaked, weighed down by the water, but still press on. Even now that the hunters cannot be seen you do not feel safe. There is something about this place that does not suggest security, but to go back up would mean certain death.

As your eyes adjust, you soon find a light in the water. The stones, they are glowing. The surreal and eerie blue bends and reflects off the water, your moistened skin, and the smooth mirror-like rock that holds this cavern up. You can see the tunnel that leads out of this pit, and turn to follow just as you notice the waves in the water beside you. The great serpentine beast is coming, without warning, silently, its demeanor as cool as the water that once saved you from the heated fury above.

You are faced with conflict, an internal argument: stay here to die, or go back out there also to die?

...where only the strong survive. Beware, traveler, for those lands are not meant for the weak of heart. One must fight to survive; one must always be fighting.
Last edited by Schism on August 5th, 2012, 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Schism on November 4th, 2012, 3:09 am

Welcome to my office. Please fill out the appropriate "forms" below that correspond with your request. If you have a more private question or concern, feel free to send me a private message and I'll answer as prompty as I can.

Moderation Threads :

If you’re like a thread graded:
Code: Select all
[frame=black]
Grade Request
1. Include thread TITLE and LINK
2. List all PCs involved
3. List specifically what skills or lores you’d like me to look for. This does not guarantee they will be awarded. Please view the [url=http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Skill_List]Skill List[/url] as a reference.
4. Summary. Be as brief or detailed as you want. Let me know what’s happening in the thread beyond the thread itself, or how it ties into your PC’s continued story over Mizahar.
5.* If this thread is building up to a greater event (prayer to a deity, significant event in PC’s history) list it so we have reference material. Otherwise, list other notes here. Thank you for the information provided![/frame]

If you would like a thread moderated:
Code: Select all
[frame=black]
Moderation Request
1. [b]Thread Title:[/b] (if you’ve started, or had one in mind)
2. [b]Involved Player Character(s):[/b] You and all other PCs involved.
3. [b]Thread Purpose:[/b] What you the [u]writer(s)[/u] hope to accomplish.
4. [b]Thread Goal:[/b] What you the PC(s) hopes to accomplish. Please list specific skills or lores you want me to be on the look for. This does not garantee them being awarded.
*With 3 and 4, be as specific as possible for the thread to be most effective for your benefit (skills, lores, events, -specific-)
5. [b]Notes:[/b] Anything and everything else.
[/frame]
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Kara Sunderwater on January 20th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Grade Request
1. http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic25912.html
Hallucinating
2. Justice Siybl, Noravennsalar, Serquayadiin
3. Wrestling, Unarmed Combat, Persuasion,
4. A white tiger Kelvic somehows ends up in Falyndar and is discovered by one of Siku's Constrictors. Never having seen a Kelvic transform before, Noravennsalar immediately decides to adopt this "pet" as his own and take it back to Zinrah as a prize. However, before he can do that, they are attacked by a Myrian hunting party. In the melee, Salar is wounded by a poisoned arrow while killing Myrians and both he and Justice, the Kelvic, are aided by the arrival of a second Constrictor. Just as the fight ends, Salar loses his fight to stay awake and collapses from the effects of the poison.
5.* This thread was intended to be an introduction for Justice's player to enter Falyndar and Zinrah without becoming caught in the crossfire. While she is technically protected by Salar while in Zinrah, the Dhani isn't terribly influential and I'm not going to keep Justice or her player on a short leash. The protection is more of a formality to allow a non-Dhani to survive in the extremely Darwinian environment of Falyndar. Where only the STRONG survive.
Kara Sunderwater
Player

Words: 36572
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Race: Human, Svefra