[Location]The Injury Ward

The Temporary Clinic of the Base Camp

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Creeper on April 11th, 2012, 6:12 pm

The Injury Ward is the largest building in the Base Camp. It is long enough to house nearly five longhouses of the sick and injured. The beds here are more comfortable than those in the longhouses, having been made of woven vines and padded with large leaves. The beds are large enough to hold the largest of Jamoura, and are spaced enough so that illness isn't passed as often. There are open window holes built in that are covered by large leaves to allow fresh air and Syna's warmth to come inside.

The Injury Ward can certainly not be confused for a hospital or clinic. At best, it's a place for people to receive base level first aid and recuperate on their own. Many of the Healers of The Spires are still within the city. It has one true Healer, and his mind has been so addled by age, that he cannot be relied upon. Jorg is an elderly Jamoura, and runs the ward despite his mental incapacity. Most of those that work in the ward are novices at first aid or medicine. Scrapes, shallow slashes and punctures, burns and bruises, and minor breaks are the most common injuries that are treatable within the ward. Fevers run rampant here. Head injuries, anything requiring surgery, and internal injuries are beyond the current staff. Bites are often deadly leading to severe infection and have a fifty/fifty mortality rate.

Jorg

Name
: Jorg
Race: Jamoura
DoB: Unsure, over 500 years old
PoB: The Spires
Title: Healer
Skills: Medicine 48, First Aid 37, Leadership 32, Herbalism 29, Teaching 26
Gnosis: 1 Mark of Rak'keli

Jorg is a singly marked Healer of Rak'keli. He is one of the eldest members of the Jamoura, and was among those that received Caiyha's blessing upon their race shortly after the Valterrian. When The Spires was just a mere village, Jorg was it's finest herbalist and medicine man. It took nearly a century of healing his people before Rak'keli's attention was caught and she blessed him with her gift. However, in more recent years, Jorg's mind has been addled with age, a bit prematurely for his time. Because of this, his gifts in medicine and Healing can only occur during his lucid periods, which are becoming more and more rare. He's expressed a desire to pass on his knowledge, but none have proven themselves patient enough to put up with him.

Employment And Training
Employment and Training is available at the Injury Ward. Inquire with Jorg seeking either.

Positions Available
Doctor's Assistant = 3 GM/day
Doctor = 8GM/day
Healer = 7-12GM/day
Herbalist = 6GM/day

Training Available
Medicine
First Aid
Herbalism

Moderator's Note: Hiring requires Moderation, everything else requires no Moderation.
Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Chamaeleon on April 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm

yayI'm just assuming I can post here, lol. I can remove this if im not allowed.

Spring 79th 512 AV

Chamaeleon walked slowly into the massive Injury Ward and met with the lingering scent of blood immediately. When she looked around, she saw beds crowded with the giant Jamoura, twitching Kelvic, and panicked humans. All were in states of distress and this tugged on the humanitarian part of her heart.

She forced herself to look away from them though and walked through the Ward, between the beds on either side of the aisle, and toward a large Jamoura bending over a bed, most likely helping someone.

Chamaeleon hoped this Jamoura was Jorg, but she couldn't be sure since most of the Jamoura looked similar to her. She cleared her throat behind him and spoke his name to get his attention, and when she had it she smiled brightly.

"Are you Jorg? If so, my name is Chamaeleon and I was wondering whether I may be of some service here as a doctor or an assistant to another, and if I may receive some training on the matter of medicine."
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Creeper on April 21st, 2012, 6:44 pm

The elderly Jamoura would seem lost in thought, but that was far from the disheartening truth. Jorg was lost within his own mind, a fate many Jamoura consider to be worse than death. It was a maze without a guide, a labyrinth where the path was never the same. It was dark, lonely, and seemingly never ending. He could never find the exit purposefully, it always would just appear, a much welcome respite. And it had just appeared, with the words of a visitor chiming into his ear. There was a woman looking expectantly at him, a woman with dark, golden hair, and horns as green as the leaves of the rare Kulchinka herb. She was a natural beauty, no matter who looked upon her, which could only mean one thing. She was one of the fallen children, the infants of tragedy, the Ethaefal.

She wanted to help out in the Injury Ward? They certainly needed the help, especially since he was useless more often than not. "Yes... Yes I think we could find some use for you, we are in desperate need for extra help. I'm sure one of the other doctors can show you the ropes, perhaps... Ah there she is. Lixue, could you come and show Chamaeleon around, she will be assisting you, if you will have her."

Lixue was one of the most accomplished doctors in The Injury Ward, and because of this, she was always busy, the fight against Dira being a never ending struggle. "Yes, yes, come assistant, we have a lot to do." And just like that Chamaeleon, became an assistant to a doctor in a city she barely knew.

Moderator's NoteLixue has granted permission for Chamaeleon to be her assistant. Feel free to start your new work threads whenever you wish.

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes