(Closed) Sparring with the Unarmed (Rykanis Dakshata)

Syrah decides to learn some more unarmed combat and ends up sparring with Rykanis Dakshata

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Sparring with the Unarmed (Rykanis Dakshata)

Postby Syrah Steele on April 21st, 2012, 2:04 am

Syrah sat down next to Rykanis when he began to tell his story. She laughed, all silver, when he told it. Muttering, "Oh, no." and giggling when he told her that he knocked himself out. They were both laughing in the middle of the park by the end of it.

"See? Thats a happy story, well funny rather. I'm sure you weren't too happy when you woke up." She smiled. "My brother did something like that when he was real young. He tried to fight another little boy and he tripped on his own feet when he tried to punch him. Of course he didn't laugh then, but we look back on it now and laugh." Well not now, when we were teenagers, she added mentally.

She scolded herself, she was always bring people down! Even if it was just herself, why couldn't she just stay happy? For Gods sake! She frowned, the brightened back up, smiling at Rykanis.

"So if it was your grandfather who raised you, then tell me about him." She said, comfortable in his presence. Maybe she was, just maybe, gaining a friend?
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 21st, 2012, 2:30 am

It seemed Syrah was a good listener, reacting to the story well, upset initially upon him knocking himself out, but laughing along with him as he was okay.

He had completely forgotten himself being upset a moment ago, as she sat next to him, and the two of them laughed over what Rykanis had done so long ago.

As they laughed, Rykanis looked over at her face, enjoying the beauty of it, as she talked... Almost without thinking about it, he slid his hand over to hers, letting the tips of his fingers touch her own. He was not outright grabbing her hand, but they were still in physical contact...

A contact so different from before, when they had been sparring. He would leave it up to her, though he wondered how she would respond... Would she simply allow this small bit of contact, not really intimate, but a step closer to it... Or would she pull away... It was important to him, since how she reacted would tell him how he stood with her... And what state she was in...

"Well, it is usually not something you laugh at, at the time... But looking back, such things like that are often funny. And being able to laugh at yourself is important... Being able to not be so serious."

As she asked of his grandfather, he smiled once more. He was a complicated man, but he had mostly good memories with him. Far more than anyone else.

"Well, he did not so much raise me, as he was the one around the most. I am his only grandson after all. And I stayed with him in between, until I got a place of my own. He is a bit complex... Not so easy to understand his motives... But he is full of love, and all he has ever wanted was me to do well and make him proud. To be a good akalak."

"He never really cared what I wanted to be doing, as long as I put myself fully into it, did my best, and did not quit. He has always been supportive. It is nice to have someone like that in your life, who only wants what makes you happy, and what is in your true best interest... That is true love..."
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on April 21st, 2012, 3:10 am

When Rykanis touched her hand, she did not react physically. Immediately her mind went on alert, trying to process the contact. It was obvious what he was doing and she wondered what she was going to do about it. She had just gotten here, in Riverfall, and she was here to study... The thought of companionship had crossed her mind once or twice, but she was so young, just starting out. Plus not only do Akalaks live two times longer than humans, but the survival rate for human woman during labor was low... But thats not important she was over-thinking it. Of course she wouldn't mind romantic companionship, and Rykanis was very attractive, very well built and manly. He was defiantly a good find. So Syrah decided to do nothing, to not reject him, but not fully accept him either. Syrah believing in being hard to get.

Her eyes quickly passed over his face and their touching hands before she spoke, to show him she knew what had happened.

"He sounds like a very nice man, and fully supportive." She smiled and laughed, "Completely different from my father!" She grinned up at Rykanis.

She found it very easy to be happy and laugh and talk with him, comfortable. Maybe he was the step she needed to get to her goal of becoming more like her mother.

"In fact my father is NOT supportive, he disowned my brother when he refused to be a vinter and he would have done the same with me." For some reason she found this funny now, when usually she found it frustrating. "My mother sounds more like your grandfather."
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 21st, 2012, 3:55 am

He had been hoping for a definite answer, but instead got a neutral one, neither pulling away, or embracing it... She just let her fingers sit there... He almost would have preferred if she had taken them away, then he would have known for sure. This told him nothing...

She looked down at there hands, but did not even address it, and simply carried on with the conversation as if nothing had happened. Another bad sign! She was going so far as to pretend it was not happening! Or maybe he was just reading into it a bit to much, and over thinking it... Getting worried on nothing...

His previous experiences had not really been to pleasant, and had not gone well, certainly not bolstering his confidence with woman. To him it had taken a good bit of courage and initiative to do that small act of contact... This did nothing to help things...

However his other side had gotten annoyed at him for ignoring him for so long, and suddenly shifted his personality in when he was distracted. There would not be really any visible change, but his demeanor would be a lot more dry, and his voice seemed very level... And neutral... Not like the enthusiastic and emotion filled voice Rykanis had been using until then.

Certainly it had no laugh in it. His face was neither smiling nor frowning, it just was, in a odd halfway place between the two.

"Yes, he is quite nice. I am fortunate to have him around. I doubt I would be here now if not for him... Fathers though... They affect us nonetheless, just by being our parent. Even if they are not there, their absence affects us."

"Hmmm... Well I suppose it is really up to you though... Every person must decide, shall they live up to there father, or live down to him? Or to be there own person separate? It is hard to say which is best... Though it is certainly good that you have found something you enjoy in vinting."
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on April 21st, 2012, 4:28 am

She took her hand away then by pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, then she settled her hand on top on her lap, not back to his hand. Something about his voice had changed and she got the weird feeling again, like when she first met him, that she was speaking to two men. Rykanis's personality had changed almost in a second and it bothered her.

He didn't respond to what she said either, more he went off on his own discussion that did not make a lot of sense to her. It startled Syrah that his demeanor had changed so abruptly.

She lost the feeling of comfort that she had found around him and it changed into confusion and weariness.

"Uh, yes I guess." She said trying to make sense of his words, "I wouldn't have vinting without my dad."

She stood up off the path and looked down at Rykanis.

"Um, I think I should be going? I stayed later than I planned." She was unsure and confused, trying to make sense of what was going on.

"Thank you though, for the spar, and the, uh, tour." She smiled weakly. "I will see you around?"
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 21st, 2012, 5:37 pm

Rykanis clearly noted her next move, of taking her hand away, and not returning it. This just seemed to upset his main side even more, making his off sides control even more so.

Though he did wonder... Had he done that on purpose, when shifting over? He had heard of peoples other sides not liking someone, but spoiling what they had? That was just low, and unusual for his off side. He usually just waited for him to screw it up himself, or for things to fall apart...

"Yes, I am sure we will see each other around. Our meeting was... Enlightening, to say the least... It would be good to see you again."

Rykanis got up, and made a quick sort of half bow, letting the lady walk off, before heading off for home himself.

He made an odd sound as he walked off, though well out of the range of Syrah's hearing... If he was capable of understanding humor, some would have thought it was a attempt at a chuckle...
-exit-

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

(Closed) Sparring with the Unarmed (Rykanis Dakshata)

Postby Indigo on April 28th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Character: Syrah Steele
Skills: +1 Unarmed Combat, +1 Socialization, +2 Subterfuge, +2 Interrogation, +3 Conversation,
Lore: Female wiles, Keeping secrets is hard, Dancing with your words, Sharing a moment, The lost art of conversation, Mutual Attraction, Master of conversation manipulation,

Character: Rykanis Dakshata
Skills: +1 Unarmed Combat, +2 Interrogation, +2 Observation, +1 Flirting, +3 Conversation,
Lore: Pretty ladies get my attention, What is she hiding?, Flirting-Akalak style, Telling more than you meant to, Fighting your other half, Sharing a moment, Mutual Attraction,

Notes: Syrah-You're a fantastic conversationalist which is so rare to see in writing-I'm very impressed!
Rykanis-It's great that you're finally showing us your other Akalak brother and some of your past! I wish more Akalaks would do this!
This was a great read and both of you did amazingly well at keeping the conversation real and heartfelt. This is a great thread and I look forward to reading more from you.
If you have any questions or comments about your grade, please PM me.

Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm
Race: Staff account

Previous