Kill the Rat! (Rykanis Dakshata) [Finished]

Ferret meets akalak with big pointy knife

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Kill the Rat! (Rykanis Dakshata) [Finished]

Postby Dex on April 16th, 2012, 1:16 am

Spring Day 45, 512

John was on a nightly excursion. He found out that at night, people slept, which meant that he could do happily into homes and look for shiny things without being disturbed, generally. Once or twice he had to bail out quick before someone found him. He had just walked up to the next house, and crawled up to a window. The window was latched, a minor setback. Time for the simplest answer, which was of course to follow the rat paths. He leaped off the window ledge, and landed on the dirt with a roll. After shaking the dirt off mostly, he went to the corner of the house and followed the rat scent paths. There weren't many, but there were a few in this house, and John followed the biggest one inside the walls of the house, and out onto the floor of the house.

Once inside the house, John found it remarkably lacking in shiny things. He scampered up chairs, across tables, around the hearth, and over the sofa, finding nothing. The only thing left as furniture was the set of drawers. John carefully climbed up to the top of the drawer set, and then clawed the top drawer open. As he did that, he slipped, falling into the drawer and pushing it all the way outside of the drawer set, flipping the drawer and it's contents on top of himself. Now in real trouble, he scrambled around frantically trying to smack this drawer off, making a general ruckus, keeping him from hearing the footsteps of someone coming in his general direction.
Last edited by Dex on April 18th, 2012, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dex rarely has intentional thoughts
but Dex always has something to say

Names: John, Lewis
Dex
Lots of shiny things for me

Words: 91565
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Kill the Rat! (Rykanis Dakshata)

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 16th, 2012, 3:22 am

Rykanis had been sleeping, just lying in bed under his nice covers... He had been busy all day, so it was nice to get a bit of a rest... That is until he heard a bang, a crash, and some scuffling sounds.

He jerked up, and looked around, trying to target the source of the noise. Luckily for him, he had excellent night vision, courtesy of his gnosis mark, and could clearly see in the semidarkness caused by the bit of moonlight coming in the window.

Regardless, he reached over quickly, grabbing his lakan off of his bedside table. Rolling over, he landed on his feet out of bed, weapon in hand, and looked at the squirming thing that had invaded his room, as it thrashed around inside of a drawer.

He did his best to silently stalk up to it, though the ruckus it was making, he doubted it would matter. He quickly made his way to it, and reached down to the edge of the drawer, and lifted it up, lakan at the ready, prepared to stab whatever was inside.

Though what he saw did not really make sense... It appeared more like a tube of furry flesh... Or like a stretched out rat... Regardless, he let out a angry growl, and brought his lakan at it, trying to slash it in half. And if that did not work, he angled his other hand along the ground, so if it tried to dart of, he could try and sweep it up in his grip, and grasp it, so he could get a better grip.
Last edited by Rykanis Dakshata on April 18th, 2012, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 16th, 2012, 3:48 am

Spring Day 45, 512

Scrabbling around under the drawer was not fun. He couldn't see diddly squat, and he had no idea what was going on. Then things got even worse, when the drawer did move from on top of him. A very tall, possibly very cranky akalak was crouched over him, poking towards me with a large knife. Deciding flight was much better right now then fight, John scurried away, only to find himself surrounded in a large blue fist. Hoping to distract it long enough to be released and then change to human, John curled his rear end towards the akalak and squirted his scent glands. His scent glands were not as strong as a skunk, but it was reasonably foul, and with any luck, this akalak would have a strong sense of smell. But hey, if it works, it works.

Last edited by Dex on April 18th, 2012, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 16th, 2012, 3:11 pm

All Rykanis was trying to do was to stop an intruder. Some vermin was coming into his home, and he was defending it. He did wonder how it had gotten in though, through the solid stone brick walls... So how had he gotten in?

He had barely managed to grasp it, and was picking it up, when it squirted a stench in his face. Startled by the sudden smell, he tried to fling the creature across the room, into a stone wall, were it would likely bounce off if it went. Though in his surprise, he was not certain if he had thrown it hard enough to injure it, or just enough to perhaps stun it, not to mention that he had not meant to try and throw it at all, just had done so convulsively at the sudden foul scent.

In his anger, he yelled in his native tongue of tukant, which tended to be much more long winded and descriptive, "Long furry rodent! Why on this moonlit night have you broken into my stone home on the cliffs of Riverfall, to root around in the drawers were I keep my clothing, and assault my nose with a foul smell? Shall I kill you and be done with it, for your treachery?"

Of course in his anger, he did not consider the fact that the rodent was unlikely to understand him, or to be able to reply... But he was in a mood from having been woken from his sleep, and not thinking as clearly as usual...
Last edited by Rykanis Dakshata on April 18th, 2012, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 16th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Good News: The angry violet man let him go. Bad News: He did it by flinging him into the far stone wall. Presuming that the worst was about to happen, he only had one trick up his sleeve while stuck in a daze at the base of the wall. Getting his thoughts in order, he flashed into human form, and sat up to lean against the wall, still clearing his head.

Though, John had to say, this akalak was making it much worse by shouting in some language that John couldn't understand. Or maybe he was just shouting. Either way, the only thing he had left to try was a pity plea, and with any luck manage to escape. He spouted off in his fluent akalak, seriously hoping that this man understood it, or he was in even more trouble.

"If you do not mind, it would be nice if you stopped shouting. Throwing me against that wall left me in quite a daze, and I feel a headache coming on. I didn't even know I could get a headache, so you may feel very accomplished in this fact. May I leave now, preferably without injury more than I already have?"

John stopped for a second and review what he just said. It made little to no sense to him, which meant he really was in a daze, or possibly dead already. That would be interesting, since he'd never been dead before. But if he was dead, then he really wished the akalak hadn't come after him into where ever he might be now.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 16th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Rykanis had been about to advance on the creature, when suddenly he was not a creature, but a human... Or what appeared to be a human... He quickly recalled the last kelvic that he had seen, and of course recognized it for what it was.

But he quickly recovered from there being a man standing naked in his room, trying to figure out WHY he was here... If he was unbonded, then he was likely a thief, in here trying to take his things, things that did not belong to this kelvic, but to Rykanis... If he was bonded... Then someone had most likely sent him in here to spy on him...

Of course one of the downsides to constantly trying to learn others secrets, and to prize out hidden information, was that sometimes people did not like it, and got mad, and did things in response.

But who would want to spy on him, which person? He knew so many secrets, there was no telling which one had been found out, and so might be the source of the issue...

So he decided something simple enough... If he was bonded, and was sent to spy... Rykanis either had to find out who had sent him, or kill him, to stop him from getting the info back...

And if he was unbonded... Well he was a thief, and he could do with him as he pleased... He of course did not have to report the break in, could just hold it as another secret, to use if needed... or he could kill him, he was breaking in, it was within his rights... or to drag him off to the combat arena, and make him serve him if he was defeated... Really he had plenty of options, while the kelvic had only one, obey.

Regardless, Rykanis would hold his lakan out, point first, almost as if to say, 'if you move, I stab you,' keeping it on the kelvic.

So he replied in kind to the mans tukant, in the same language, making himself quite clear, with a void emotionless manner, as his other side had taken over... He did not trust his main self here, his emotions and anger might get the better of him...

"Fine, I will not shout. But you do have some explaining to do, as you are breaking and entering, and assaulting my senses by your foul odor. No you may not leave, and as you can see here, if you try to, I will slice you open with my lakan. You will leave when I say you can."

Even though he was speaking in a strong, in-charge voice, it was also oddly emotionless, as he glared down at the kelvic.

"First of all, I am well within my rights to attack you, you are a thief, and broke into my home. If I wanted, I could kill you know, or drag you off to the arena to fight. And if you lost the fight, you would have to repay me as I saw fit. Though since you are a kelvic, they might just make you my property, since you have no rights."

"Now tell the truth, what are you doing here. Why are you in my home, and what are you looking for. Now tell me, before I decide you would look better with a sliced open belly."

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 16th, 2012, 10:42 pm

"Fine, I will not shout. But you do have some explaining to do, as you are breaking and entering, and assaulting my senses by your foul odor. No you may not leave, and as you can see here, if you try to, I will slice you open with my lakan. You will leave when I say you can."

"First of all, I am well within my rights to attack you, you are a thief, and broke into my home. If I wanted, I could kill you know, or drag you off to the arena to fight. And if you lost the fight, you would have to repay me as I saw fit. Though since you are a kelvic, they might just make you my property, since you have no rights. Now tell the truth, what are you doing here. Why are you in my home, and what are you looking for. Now tell me, before I decide you would look better with a sliced open belly."

John listened and tried his best to understand. Thief, he had learned was a negative name, which meant he had done something wrong. For some reason this man was angry at something he did, apparently spraying him in the face. This was the only answer that made sense since John did not break into the house, he crawled through a small hole made by rodents.

The Akalak, whose name he decided he ought to learn, carefully listed out exactly what his various options were, though why he did that, John didn't know. At the moment his best bet was to keep talking and hope to get somewhere.

"I am in your home looking for shiny things. I am a ferret, and I like shiny things. I take them to my den, and it keep a collection of shiny things that I like and find."

Feeling that this akalak wanted to know everything, he decided to explain several things he might not understand.

"I do not run out of space in my den, because sometimes I have to give shiny things to a certain man in town, who then gives me the shiny things called mizas. With those Mizas, I then buy food if I am lacking, or I simply store them as shiny things in my den again. And if you thought my scent was foul, I am quite sure slicing my belly would be worse, though I cannot be certain. I have never had my belly sliced open before, but I feel that it might not be a pleasant experience on my part. May I know your name, akalak with shiny blade?"

If nothing else, John might find himself bonded to him, and then would be able to do things for him, happily filling that odd sense he always had except when he was preforming on the streets, which also pleased people.

Last edited by Dex on April 18th, 2012, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 17th, 2012, 12:46 am

Rykanis simply continued to look at the kelvic, wondering if he was serious, or lying... Shiny things? Well he had picked a bad spot to do that at, the only shiny thing around here was his lakan...

Along with that he seemed to be confessing that he often robbed people, and took there shiny things... He seemed rather honest about that, something that could get him in serious trouble... And why did every kelvic he met try to rob him?

"Might be worse for you, but I don't think slicing you open would be worse for me... And you don't stink in general, but when you squirted in my face, that was why I threw you, and that is the stink I meant."

He looked at the kelvic, who was know asking his name, after trying to steal from him... He was not sure why, but he just did not like him that much, perhaps it was his manner of asking... He was not really sure... And he was certainly an odd kelvic, a weird rat like thing.

"I am Rykanis... And it is rude to not tell your own name before asking anothers... Not to mention coming into my home without my permission, that I do not allow... And if you wanted shinies, you picked a bad place..."

Rykanis simply looked him over for a bit, unsure of what to do next... Should he kill him? He did not seem to have been sent by someone else, as far as he could tell... But that just left a thief...

"So, you came into my house without permission, went through my things, and tried to take them... I could easily get you into trouble for that... So why should I not tell, and keep this a secret? What advantage will it serve me?"

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on April 17th, 2012, 1:10 am

"Might be worse for you, but I don't think slicing you open would be worse for me... And you don't stink in general, but when you squirted in my face, that was why I threw you, and that is the stink I meant. I am Rykanis... And it is rude to not tell your own name before asking anothers... Not to mention coming into my home without my permission, that I do not allow... And if you wanted shinies, you picked a bad place...So, you came into my house without permission, went through my things, and tried to take them... I could easily get you into trouble for that... So why should I not tell, and keep this a secret? What advantage will it serve me?"

John listened and nodded his head at times, trying to remember what he has saying. When the big violet man asked his questions, he seemed almost exasperated.

"If you want to tell, you tell. If you want to keep secret, you keep secret. I do not choose for people, unless they tell me to choose for them. But I must ask, if you choose for us to fight, what would I do? I do not know how to fight. I never knew why to learn to fight.

John was still in a sitting position, contemplating these things. Fight, he knew, was a way to injure another person. He could not think of a reason of why to injure another person. He knew others had reasons, but he himself did not, so he never saw a reason to learn.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on April 17th, 2012, 1:27 am

Rykanis just looked on at the kelvic, what it said was not totally wrong. He clearly was trying to listen to him, though he had a kind of unfocused look when listening. it was hard to tell how much he was actually getting...

It was a bit true, if he wanted to tell, he would, there was little the kelvic could do about it... And if he wanted to keep it a secret, he could... He would just hold onto it for know, and tell if he had to, or it would advantage him... Besides, it might be good to have something on him...

Though he did wonder on the next part... Why to know how to fight? Why to learn? It seemed pretty obvious to him...

"Why to fight? It seems obvious to me... You either fight to defend yourself, to defend those you fight in the place off... Or to hurt those who might hurt you... But if you truly hope to serve someone, how can you do so if you cannot also protect them? Or yourself? I would think being attacked by an akalak with a blade trying to skewer you, or cut you to pieces, you might see the usefulness in being able to fight..."

Rykanis looked on, finally deciding... He supposed he would let him live... For know...

"So, I suppose I will let you leave, but you are not to come inside my house without permission again... Or to try to take my things without asking... But if you do leave, what will you do? Were will you go tonight?"

This last bit if nothing else might seem a bit odd, but Rykanis had his reasons behind it... But finally done with trying to kill him, he sheathed his lakan, putting it away.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next