Dynamic Tension (Salar)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Dynamic Tension (Salar)

Postby Ssedrasshadara on June 6th, 2012, 4:36 am

To say Salar’s confession wasn’t disappointing would have been a lie, but the emotion flickered across Sshadara’s eyes was just that—a flicker—before vanishing. However, his honesty was nice. In a city full of cutthroats, such openness was rare, and though it wasn’t as… exciting as some other things he could have said, it was a gesture she could appreciate.

“No,” she admitting, stifling a sigh, “your strengths lie elsewhere. As well they should. But do not be so quick to dismiss your prose; it certainly wasn’t terrible. And, well… it isn’t prose that will last us the night.”

She leaned closer, voice lowering.

“Now, let’s see if we can’t find something to do with your power.”
Ssedrasshadara
Player

Words: 13756
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Dynamic Tension (Salar)

Postby Schism on June 18th, 2012, 9:40 pm

The Grade

Ssedrasshadara:
Skill(s):
  • Observation : 1
  • Seduction: 4
  • Wrestling: 2

Lore(s):
  • A Familiar Face: Noravennsalar
  • Feeding Into Another’s Instincts
  • Influence of Scent
  • Asserting Your Authority as a Female
  • Giving into Your Own Instincts

Note(s):
I’d particularly like to share some notes on Zinrah and the dhani to give you a better image. I like the imagery, but when striving for accuracy here are some notes to keep in mind. :)

On hunting: “Sometimes two, sometimes three, sometimes one. Depends on their age, experience, and families. They never go in more than three, because if one group's doomed, then they're at least not killing everyone. It's not uncommon for them not to come back.” – Cayenne
So, to reiterate, Dhani don’t necessarily hunt in masses. There’s a blockade after all. :P
On crowds/population: I can’t find the quote precisely. :( The point is Zinrah is enormous for the few dhani that dwell there. Credit again to Cayenne for her insight on Zinrah’s size and depth. Thus, the training gallery might be busy, but to call it a crowd to be lost in is a bit much. The images you created were still involving for the story. Me likey!

Noravennsalar:
Skill(s):
  • Composition : 2
  • Observation: 1
  • Seduction: 2
  • Wrestling: 1

Lore(s):
  • Breaking In Your Dhani Form
  • A Familiar Face: Ssedrasshadara
  • Allure of the Feminine Scent
  • Struggling to Keep Focus
  • An Accidental Victory Isn’t Victory At All
  • Awaiting Orders

Note(s):
“A smaller, weaker animal like Sshadara's pet would have felt pain and suffocation but a muscled Dhani male like Salar required more than mere grip.” – I’d personally prefer to see Salar condition a bit more before I read more posts like this. He does have a higher wrestling skill than Sshadara, but constrictors are still incredibly strong without much “skill.” They wouldn’t live too long otherwise.

I have to say, Sshadara’s note in the office wasn’t lacking when she mentioned the wrestling, prose, and steaminess. It was certainly an interesting read.

Personal Note(s) :
Independent from a job well done, this is just a personal observation. I’m guilty of it too at times, but be sure you’re reading each others’ posts thoroughly. Some phrases or thoughts seemed to conflict and contrast beyond what the other player was saying. Be sure you’re on the same page.

Some things were repetitive for me. Break out the thesaurus baby! Wooh! While valid points to keep in mind (like the authority of females, or that god awful scent…) being concise is just as powerful when bringing up a point like that and allow it to evolve throughout the thread. I though you held yourselves back that way a tad bit. It’s a process though, so keep learning.

Lastly, something else that comes with experience with a particular player I imagine, is the flow of the thread. Some events and observations need the credit to be noticed by your personal PC, but too much makes the thread repetitive too. While you backtrack to keep your PC up, be sure you’re keeping true to the thread as well. If this comparison works:

Each PC has a separate plot “line”. These lines are broken between the posts, and come together to one single line when the PCs are in synch. You two were coming together at the start when the scene was opening, but it seemed to split apart again. It turned into one player leading the plot, and the other just reacting. Keeping the plot flowing isn’t thread hijacking so long as you stay on the same page. You’ll grow into it.

Still a very interesting plot to read. Keep up the lovely writing.
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous