Trading Fate (Scott)

A boyish hero or a slaver? I'll take the slaver.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Sivana Anavis on April 16th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Timestamp: 33rd Day of Spring 512AV

Sivana was frustrated. No matter what she did, she just couldn’t do it. She had two whips, one for each hand, and she had decided it was time to make use of them and practice. She knew she was holding them right, and she knew how to whip things with it but she had little control. Sometimes she used one whip and it left a mark on the tree, woodchips flying everywhere. Most of the time, however, the whip would slide harmlessly against the tree as if the whip were made of very flexible rubber or simple wrap around the tree. In the case of the latter, she would tug and the whip wouldn’t budge and the harder she pulled, the tighter the whip seemed to coil around the tree. Eventually she would have to walk up to the whip and remove it manually. Forget about using both whips at once. This frustrated her greatly. She wanted large improvement with little work.

She had started when the sun was up high at midday and now it was almost sunset. Sivana growled as her whip once again coiled around the tree. She made next to no improvement since she had started and it made her feel unable to do anything right. As she moved to unwrap the whip once more, she found her world to be blurry. She realized that her frustrations had brought angry tears to her eyes. She growled once more as she pounded a fist on the tree, wincing as she hit the solid foundation that was so much bigger than her.

She sighed, deciding that this practice was enough trouble for the day, and she wanted to make it out of the forest before dark, worried by the monsters that may be lurking. Despite this, she chose to go a different route than she usually did, confident that her sense or direction would guild her back towards a safer place near the city. She wanted to calm down and numb out the pain in her arms and the string from the blisters on her hands. She packed the whips in her pack and set off, wondering in the general direction or Sunberth.

It wasn’t long before she heard voices. Being as curious as she was, she ran silently toward the sound, flitting about like a bird. When she got a few meters away from the commotion, far away enough to not be seen, but close enough for her herself to see and hear. She hoped no one would hear her frantic breathing or her heart pounding, or feel the heart scorching her chest and throat, for that’s all she seemed able to concentrate on for a few moments. Running is a lot different from flying… I’m never doing it again…

Once she was able to calm herself, she peeked around the tree she hid behind. She gasped softly at what she saw, a sudden boost of adrenaline running through her. Slave traders… She thought as she saw large men shouting at people and a few animals. These people would take her, she knew, and for some unimaginable reason, she felt the need to run and don’t get caught, or die trying. She turned around, her mind set, and she ran. She got about half a mile away, only to face a man taller, and a lot wider, than her. She glanced around feeling panic, finding at least a bit of comfort in the fact that the man was alone, she was sure of that face.

“Now what’s a pretty young lady like yourself doing out here alone in the woods?” His eyes raked up and down her body, and a savage look overtook his feature. Help
Last edited by Sivana Anavis on April 22nd, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. ~Chinese Proverb

I might not post for a few days. I'm sick, unfortunatly. I can barely type right and walk in a straight line. See you when I'm better :)
Sivana Anavis
Hiding A Wilder Side Within

Words: 5331
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 10:03 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Scott on April 17th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Scott was on one of his walks, trying to put his memories out of his mind for the time being, but rather unsuccessfully. He heard someone say something deeper in the woods and he headed over to where he heard it. when he arrived he saw a big man menacing a woman. Scott thought about leaving it be but then repremanded himself for even considering letting a helpless person to be harmed. Scott walked towards them, drawing his scythe and said in an angry voice "whatever your plans here, man, i would suggest forgetting them and leaving the girl alone." but the man just laughed and and said, "don't try to intimidate me little man, you will only get yourself killed." with that he drew his sword, a long sword, Scott noted, and started to attack. the man made a thrust towards scott's chest, which he easily parried with a sweep of his scythe, thinking that this man didn't have much real skill with a blade. Then he swung the blade at the mans neck. the man knocked it away by the stick with his hand, scott thought, okay maybe he isn't to bad, but let's see if he blocks this." scott reversed the momentum and slammed the end of the handle into the mans temple, stunning him. then he brought the scythe into an upwards slash through the solarplexus and under the rib cage causing quite a bit of damage. scott's assesment of the man was that he tried to use intimidation to make his opponents screw up, even though the man didn't have much skill with a blade. scott pulled out his blade and then turned to the woman and asked with genuine concern, "are you all right?"
Scott
Player

Words: 3958
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 8:08 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Sivana Anavis on April 17th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion for Sivana. She was sure that the man would do something to her when someone, another man, had come up. He saved her. For some reason, the thought angered her. Was she really that useless? Why couldn’t she try to fight the man, try to help? Sivana hated that feeling, the feeling of being worthless.

When her savior asked if she was okay, she shook herself out of her inner turmoil. She glanced around, noting that she had missed the end of the fight. The large man had a grimace on his face as he clutched his abdomen, a little blood sliding past his fingers. Sivana couldn’t help but feel a twisted sense of joy at seeing the man in pain. She felt it good that he would be able to experience some of the pain that he would have caused her, and probably doubtless others.

She turned back towards her savior, realizing that he was actually quite young. She was about to say something when she saw something out of the corner of her eye. She saw her attacker charging toward the boy, a bloodied had wrapped around his sword aimed at the boys head. Her face was frozen in terror but her body was already moving. She tackled the boy, the beefy man nicking her upper arm mid-air.

This is why I hate the big ones… she thought as she rolled off of the boy and quickly glanced at her cut. It was shallow but bleeding and it stung …They just keep on getting back up. She unsheathed her long sword. She was more comfortable with her whips but she doubted the leather would hold against a double edged sword like her own. The blisters on her hands seemed to scream at her to drop the sword. Deciding she’d rather face the pain than go against this man unarmed, she just hissed, that, and the frown she was wearing, were the only signs of her pain.

The man glared, saying a string of profanities before his accusing eyes landing on Sivana, as if all his troubles were her fault. “You bitch!” He yelled finally, coming at them again. But Sivana was ready this time. Well as ready as I’ll ever be… She knew the next time he struck her, it probably would not just be ‘a little cut’.
Last edited by Sivana Anavis on April 19th, 2012, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. ~Chinese Proverb

I might not post for a few days. I'm sick, unfortunatly. I can barely type right and walk in a straight line. See you when I'm better :)
Sivana Anavis

Character sheet

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Scott on April 18th, 2012, 1:37 am

Scott was at first angered by what appeared to be an attack on him by the girl until he saw the man was going at him again. When she got off of him, he grabbed a handful of dirt and pebbles and threw them into the man's eyes. Scott jumped up and swung his scythe at the man while he was blinded, but scOtt was too slow and the man managed to get a hand up. Scott promptly stomp kicked the man in the knee. Then as the man was distracted, Scott viciously rammed the scythe into the man's heart. Scott cursed himself for being careless and letting the man sneak up on him so easily. Looking to the woman, he asked "are you all right? That was one stubborn man." then he looked back at the man to make sure he wasn't getting back up, even though Scott knew that he had dealt a lethal blow.
Scott
Player

Character sheet

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Sivana Anavis on April 22nd, 2012, 10:30 pm

Sivana let out a little yelp of pain as the dirt and pebbles meant for the man landed in her eyes as well. Her eyes watered and she dropped to her knees, releasing her sword. She hissed as she blinked rapidly, which only seemed to cause her more pain. She stood up, that being better than being there vulnerable on the floor, clutching her eyes all the while. It had been a wise move, for Sivana could hear the sword slice through the air as it fell out of the dying man’s hand. ”Watch it!” she warned as she stumbled around, searching for her pack where she knew her waterskin would be.

When the boy asked her once again if she was okay, she snapped at him. ”No, I’m just peachy wear, practically blind!” She dropped into a crawl, now patting the ground for her pack. She eventually found it to be on the other side of the tree she had been searching by for the past few moments. She reached inside desperately, only to be cut by her knife. ”Are you petching serious!” she hissed, shaking her hand that was sure to be bleeding. She reached in her pack once more, this time more carefully, and pulled out her waterskin. She splashed a generous amount of water into her eyes which caused a renewed bout of stinging pain. She let out another yelp of pain before blinking rapidly. She wiped her eyes from the steady stream of tears, as well as part of her water supply.

After repacking everything, she turned around to see the boy still there. She felt a bit of agitation spring up in her. ”Why are you still here? What do you want?” She stated, sheathing her longsword but leaving the other one in the dust. It was of low quality anyway. She barely blinked at the dead man as she finally stood up, facing the nameless boy fully.

Sivana Anavis

Character sheet

Trading Fate (Scott)

Postby Scott on April 23rd, 2012, 9:40 pm

Scott was a little confused at her 'peachy wear' comment until he realized that he must of gotten some of the dirt in her eyes as well. "oh, sorry. I didn't mean to get any of the dirt in your eyes." he apologized. Not really sure what to do, Scott sheathed his scythe. "is there anything I can do to help?" he started to ask, but she then managed to cut her self on her knife." Dang it what should I do now?" he thought. When she asked him why he was still here, he said "I'm still here because I don't want you getting yourself killed. And besides is that anyway to thank someone who just saved your life?" then, "again, sorry about the dirt."
Scott
Player

Character sheet